FAKE Monster Beats Studio HD: Here is how to tell a real from a fake
Apr 17, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #32 of 47
Okay, this will go against head-fi as a whole, but you can get reputable fakes for 65USD from a market or 40USD online. I do not condone going this way unless you just want the plastic shells.  Btw, Ortho drivers might not work inside the beats. 

Apr 17, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #34 of 47

I think that would make for a great project thread.
beyersmile.png

Quote:
I'm seriously considering buying fake beats and jamming Ortho drivers into them....then blowing people away....

Apr 17, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #35 of 47

Quote:
Okay, this will go against head-fi as a whole, but you can get reputable fakes for 65USD from a market or 40USD online. I do not condone going this way unless you just want the plastic shells.  Btw, Ortho drivers might not work inside the beats. 

Ortho's do well in small spaces, I can always add a port if needed, baffle them down and dampen them.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #36 of 47
i may have gotten fake beats..the right headphone completeley stoped working,and there is no external damage.. i also noticed AAA batteries did not come in the box..what do you think..i have a friend that is a lawyer who is helping me out..(i bought them on craigslist but he advertised them as real)

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #37 of 47
what a bump :p
anyways, good luck with getting your money back
and welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet (literally)

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #38 of 47

Quote:
i may have gotten fake beats..the right headphone completeley stoped working,and there is no external damage.. i also noticed AAA batteries did not come in the box..what do you think..i have a friend that is a lawyer who is helping me out..(i bought them on craigslist but he advertised them as real)

Good luck I guess, but a lawyer? Why?

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #39 of 47

Quote:

this is the funniest thing I have read in a while. a lawyer?

May 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #42 of 47
Can I know how many numbers of serial on the battery cover, there only 7 right? and what is the 10 alpha-numeric characters?? Coz when I register on the monster site to verification I need to put that 10 alpha-numeric characters. anyone help?

May 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #44 of 47
I was looking at beats on ebay as well and the ones I saw were £100, the box looked the same as the ones on the right in your picture, no tm sign etc next to the writing, I went onto the official monster website and the box on there also didnt have the tm sign, this has just confused me even more now lol,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back