FAKE Monster Beats Studio HD: Here is how to tell a real from a fake
Apr 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #16 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if the pads are real leather--they might be, they might not be.

I'm also not saying that yours is pre-production, I'm saying one of the ones I have here might be. Even so, both of the ones I have here do not exhibit the problems you're talking about (specifically the high pitch shrill, or the cable problem). And, again, both of the ones here are serial numbered.

Again, I'm not saying yours isn't fake, only that the box might not be the best indicator of that, given that I've got both boxes here, on two units known to be authentic.

I understand where you are coming from. Like I said, there are differences between the headphones themselves, albeit subtle. Will post them up once I have the time. Anyhow, pre-production could possibly explain the external box, but it does not explain the presence of the spelling error and the substandard cables.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #17 of 47
Easiest way to tell, the fakes probably sound good.

biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #19 of 47
i believe what is happening here is that the counterfeiters based their box design on the old pre production box, probably someone received a review sample and leak it so that fakes can be produced..
they did a good job anyway except for the obvious spelling mistake and the fact that monster tweak their box design a bit for the real production is a good move on their part, makes the two looks very different..

which would explain why jude have two genuine beats with the box design similar to each of them.

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easiest way to tell, the fakes probably sound good.

biggrin.gif

ZING!

I didn't even notice the spelling error on the fake one, haha. I think you'll have to agree after that, that you Beats are probably a fake.

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #22 of 47
hmmm...this thread was certainly enlightening...it's quite amazing and shocking how counterfeiters have become so accurate 0_o 

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #23 of 47
Hi gongkia 2000,

Thanks for highlighting this issue. There are definitely many fake items out there, esp from ebay. That's why it's only prudent to get from an authorised dealer. It may be more expensive to get from authorised dealers, but you dont end up with the agony of guessing whether the product in your hand is real or not.

I know many of the guys here are adverse to Monster's products, and may not take this thread seriously. But rest assured, for those who do, it's very much appreciated. :)

Do update us on the differences in sound signature if possible.

Sep 15, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #24 of 47
Very Imforming stuff guys but i have a question about mine! I ordered them from  a ebayer in alberta who claimed the company said they were genuine and new! genuine not so much! new yes. So the box fits the characteristics of the "fake" one perfect ..but the batter cover DOES have a serial number AND signature!? real or fake? helppp

Sep 16, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #25 of 47
^^ hey mate I almost brought what you have today.  Fake packaging with the serial number also.  I assume it just the fake trying to be more real?

Here is what I was bidding on... Thinks it's a fake, as has that fake packing.  I also asked seller if it was real. 

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260662954157&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123&autorefresh=true

He replyed..

[size=10pt]"""Hi there. Thank you for your question.
Yes absolutely. I can do combine postage for all of your winning items. $17.50 and free postage for the two pairs of lady gaga and it will be sent by express post.

This is genuine monster headphone as it has a serial number and Dr. Dre's official signature inside the battery cover. Lady gaga also, at its wholesale price. I currently have silver and black for the lady gaga earphones. Simply click on buy-it-now to win and I will send you a ebay invoice to include all of your winning items for checkout through paypal.
[/size]"""

The lady gaga that I was thing about getting for my sisters also was what made me reseach an find this site.  As price was only $39 vs the $180au. 

People are paying $250 for the fake dr dre headphones off this guy (assuming they are fake) which I'm sure they are.

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #27 of 47
so ok.. i got a question,

i bought white studio beats sooo i paid for them, 150 euros wich is about 204 dollars.

the case is totaly 2 sided, some things are definetly from the original ones like theshape of the headphone and  the things containing (it says warrantym, adaoter, batteries etc.) some things are fake, like the face of Dre.

then!

things the headphones do have and should have:

all documentation including the 2 small ones only the original has are inside BUT! a / has been used, thats the only little difference

also the headphones have a (just like the original should have) the signature + serial code, and circles are metal and it lights up and sound is great.

oh yeh there are no miss spellings what so ever ,also the little fabric poking out is just like the original and the cloth is big size.

and all jacks have a clear pressed 'monster on them, and all have he original double monster logo ( the M + the word 'monster')

so many things seem original but it turns me off about those 3 little things..i dunno..

wth did i buy?? ..bleh, they still sound great though 8D

Mar 31, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #28 of 47
Is there any way to repair the high pitched shrill of the fake Beats? After removing the leather pads, when I put my hand near or close to the right earmuff, the headphones give off a high pitched whistle. Sometimes, even with the leather pads on, when I put on the headphones they give off the same sound, but it's even worse when it's directly AT YOUR EAR...!!! 
basshead.gif

usoPreviewPopup

usoPreviewPopup

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #29 of 47
lol they take all that time to imitate it and get a spelling wrong.
that should be the single thing to tell a real from fake. 
real has monster fake has moster
simple as that

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #30 of 47
I'm seriously considering buying fake beats and jamming Ortho drivers into them....then blowing people away....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back