Fake Alert: Sennheiser IE7
Apr 9, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #106 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame21x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found an auction on a pair of IE7s for about $60 USD plus $11.50 shipping and, of course, it's from a Hong Kong based seller...

They're almost assured to be fake so why the heck am I so tempted to buy them? :p

Argh...the seller even has good feedback. If I had some sort of guarantee that they were genuine, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Here's the listing by the way.

Here's the proof that they are fake:

"It's brand-new, but there is no cleaning tool and no cable clip!" - from the seller's product description.

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #107 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by winkyeye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure, but my IE7 box came with a holographic sticker on the back that said sennheiser authenic next to the depiction of the L-plug.

So can anyone else confirm this genuinity sticker?

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #108 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by JulienS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the proof that they are fake:

"It's brand-new, but there is no cleaning tool and no cable clip!" - from the seller's product description.

Well there you go. I'd already decided to pass on them because I'm satisfied with my RE0s and this just makes my decision that much easier.

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #109 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarphael /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wha..? Where'd you pull that off? It's not an ebay auction, It's someone locally selling thru a forum....

Sorry, it wasn't clear that I was replying to OP which WAS an online auction.

THEN I was replying to you. I chuckle anytime someone posts on the Interweb with "urgent reply needed," ... as there's no reasonable expectation anyone will answer in time to meet a stranger's deadline. Oh, you might get lucky, but then ... how d'ya know it's not the seller?
popcorn.gif

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #110 of 122
well it's cause i said It's a local sale, meaning in my country only so it's higly unlikley that this guy, who's not much of a headphone enthusiast from my talking with him, would come busting here in an international forum after constantly scaning the Interweb (yeah it also makes me chuckle evertytime i see people trying to come up with wisea** words to match their equally wisa** rattle) after his sale pics... anymore light to shine on me? :p

May 23, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #112 of 122
Hi everyone,
I have just purchased the IE 7 Sennheiser phones from ALFA, Mumbai, India for 4000INR, that's around 90$ if you convert. I was hoping that this would be a smuggled original one or a piece that slipped out through the backdoor of the factory since the price was too good to be true. The box and packing looked perfect, but alas, after opening it up I realized it was a FAKE.

The logo on the right earpiece was missing. Even the left earpiece logo wasn't clean looking. The wire was lighter gray and thin and the connectors were not translucent. The box did not include the pouch and foam earbuds. However, some of the other checks mentioned were ok like the R and L indicator were angled similar to the original. Please have a look at the soldering in the picture attached. It looks pretty clean for a fake.

When i connected it to my Mp3 player, my first observation was that, for a 16 ohm impedance earphone, the volume was lower. The ep630 which i have sounded much louder at a similar volume. People have reported that fakes have muddy bass, bad mid range and highs. However, when i heard this fake IE7, it sounded surprisingly good for a fake. The SoundStage was quite good and I could definitely feel it. Only caveat was that the volume needed to be upped a bit. Otherwise, once i increased the volume, it performed quite well. Unlike the ep630, which kinda has a 'in your ears' feeling, after getting a right fit with these, it was actually more comfortable and even the isolation was better.

So what do you guys think about the quality of this fake? What do you think the real worth of this fake would be? Please share your experiences.

May 23, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #113 of 122
Hi everyone,
I have just purchased the IE 7 Sennheiser phones from ALFA, Mumbai, India for 4000INR, that's around 90$ if you convert. I was hoping that this would be a smuggled original one or a piece that slipped out through the backdoor of the factory since the price was too good to be true. The box and packing looked perfect, but alas, after opening it up I realized it was a FAKE.

The logo on the right earpiece was missing. Even the left earpiece logo wasn't clean looking. The wire was lighter gray and thin and the connectors were not translucent. The box did not include the pouch and foam earbuds. However, some of the other checks mentioned were ok like the R and L indicator were angled similar to the original. Please have a look at the soldering in the picture attached. It looks pretty clean for a fake.

When i connected it to my Mp3 player, my first observation was that, for a 16 ohm impedance earphone, the volume was lower. The ep630 which i have sounded much louder at a similar volume. People have reported that fakes have muddy bass, bad mid range and highs. However, when i heard this fake IE7, it sounded surprisingly good for a fake. The SoundStage was quite good and I could definitely feel it. Only caveat was that the volume needed to be upped a bit. Otherwise, once i increased the volume, it performed quite well. Unlike the ep630, which kinda has a 'in your ears' feeling, after getting a right fit with these, it was actually more comfortable and even the isolation was better.

So what do you guys think about the quality of this fake? What do you think the real worth of this fake would be? Please share your experiences.

May 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #114 of 122
Um ... I don't see the new reply I was emailed about ... did deepak87 delete the post? Ah here it is ... must've got caught in a time warp.

My answer is simple -- don't think you're getting a deal on some "back of the truck" or "back door" genuine item. If it seems too good to be true, IT IS.

There are sufficient bargains out there for le$$, I've learned that much at the knees of other members. Buy legit, you have less chance of being scammed. Oh, and ... the scammers will only continue when they can make money this way. If NOBODY bought counterfeit goods, the counterfeit market would dry up and blow away. Well, I can dream....

May 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #115 of 122
Hi, please read my last post on page 8 and comment. Your fake too seems to be the good quality one. I'm still astonished at the fact that the fake i have has really good soundstage and sound quality. Could it be that some fakes are pretty close to the original?

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #116 of 122
Just because you got a fake, doesn't mean it's going to be total trash. It could be generic internals that wouldnt' disappoint if you didn't know what you were getting.

I guess it's like an imitation Rolex Submariner. It will work, it will tell time, it has some Chinese movement inside (some of which are quite good quality), but ... it's not a Rolex. For $300, do you mind an imitation Rolex with a 21,000 bph Chinese movement? It's all a matter of expectations.

But if you got a fake, you got a fake. I wouldn't waste energy trying to convince yourself you got something like the genuine article.

Aug 26, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #117 of 122
I got these IE7  from china for 60$ shipped
IMG_1.JPG

except for the S in the logo( not rounded) they look legit

it came in retail box with all accessories

about the sound??
I own AKG K702,  Sennheiser PX100 II, KOSS KSC75,  Sennheiser CX300, CX55 and CX550....
I would say they sound much better than all sennheiser listed above but not as crisp as cx550( px100) in the high notes but with much better sound stage anyway they are not burnt in yet (only 20h) but I don't think they will get as good as the AKG K702.
Please comment on the pictures, I don't care if they are fakes or copies but they are so much better than the other 60-90$ Sennheiser I have bought in the past.

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #118 of 122
hmm.. It looks like this is very common. I am in Iraq right now and one of the local shops on base is selling these for $30,CX500 $25, CX550 $30, and HD218 for $25. Once I noticed them I cam back to do a little research and low and behold this thread. I am still debating on picking up a pair for gits and shiggles..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back