Fairly cheap headphones?
Mar 5, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #16 of 17

Quote:
Got the headphones today (the 428s), first of all I'll talk about comfort. They have a pretty standard design with soft foamy pads which are really comfy. It can be extended by quite a bit if you have a larger than normal head. However I have found it to be slightly uncomfortable while wearing glasses and I have to tip them upwards so they rest on the top of the headphones. Note that my glasses frames are quite thick so I don't imagine that there will be many problems with thinner frames.

The wire is pretty long however it feels rather cheap, especially when compared to my PortaPros which are made out of a tougher plastic. I wrapped it up with a tie as I don't need that kind of length. Isolation is decent however it only really muffles out sounds.

As far as sound goes (so far) I am really enjoying them, everything seems precise (unlucky my muddy sounding PortaPros) and a bit more clinical. I have found that some of the highs feel tiring on the ear however I'm hoping sound quality will improve when I burn them in.

All in all, a great purchase for only £40 I think. Feel free to ask any questions.

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #17 of 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back