EXTREME/HARSH burn-in of Beyerdynamic DT 770 80ohm = dt770 80ohm>>>>>Sennheiser HD650. SHAME ON YOU HEAD-FI!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 28, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #17 of 102
Hey - if you don't like Senns - then try Nixons or chicBuds or Lobz or maybe TurtleBeach cans - might even like Radio Shack fones

Dec 28, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #19 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey - if you don't like Senns - then try Nixons or chicBuds or Lobz or maybe TurtleBeach cans - might even like Radio Shack fones

Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New member for my Head-fi Ignore Program.

what's with these insulting comments? the OP didn't say anything offensive, he just voiced his opinion, which some people do share btw.

Dec 28, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #20 of 102
Well:

"SHAME ON YOU HEAD-FI!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Not the best welcome I have heard in a title!

"Hey - if you don't like Senns - then try Nixons or chicBuds or Lobz or maybe TurtleBeach cans - might even like Radio Shack fones"

And CharlieX wth? Did you just randomly put some headphone names in your sig or something? Because this statement would suggest that its either 'senns or no senss' for you.

Dec 28, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #21 of 102
Irony? Parody? Self-deprecating wit? Sure. But I don't sense any malice in the original post. (Of course, I could be wrong and he's being self-righteous. But I am Canadian and I understand self-deprecation and irony! <=Note the irony.)

(Now about those HD650s. I can take them off your hands. Cheap
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #24 of 102
I love my DT-770's but I have nothing to compare them too either. Nothing of quality that is. I might just stop and call it good because we all know what happens when we start trying new things...bye bye paycheck.

I also don't think the OP was offensive, just trying to be a bit sarcastic and maybe a misunderstood attempt at making a joke. For what it is worth I was more offended by the comments that placed my beloved DT-770's in the same class with Skullcandy, Bose, and Ratshack.

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #26 of 102
Wow, the reputation of the DT770 sure has dropped! Okay, it may be a flawed can but since when were they compared to skullcandies??? I think some people should refrain from commenting on headphones they haven't heard.

To the OP: congrats on finding a pair of cans that you enjoy and who cares what other people think. The only person's opinion that matters is your own.

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #27 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No apologies here. I think the Beyer dt770 is very flawed .... unless you like pumped up bass, recessed mids and an etched treble. The Senn 600/650 stomps the 770 if you have the Senns hooked up to an amp that will drive them properly.

Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

You've just linked to the 2006 version of the DT-770. If you read the OP, it says DT-770 Pro. Two different headphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the OP: congrats on finding a pair of cans that you enjoy and who cares what other people think. The only person's opinion that matters is your own.

Couldn't agree more.

Dec 28, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #28 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've just linked to the 2006 version of the DT-770. If you read the OP, it says DT-770 Pro. Two different headphones.

Uhmm, that graph is the DT770 Pro 250 ohm, not the 2005 consumer edition.
Still not the same as the Pro 80 ohm.

Dec 28, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #29 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhmm, that graph is the DT770 Pro 250 ohm, not the 2005 consumer edition.
Still not the same as the Pro 80 ohm.

What makes you think its the Pro 250 ohm?

Dec 28, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #30 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What makes you think its the Pro 250 ohm?

HeadRoom had a review on the DT770 Pro 250 ohm, and mentioned the year 2006 in that review.
Later they replaced this review for the DT770 2005 consumer edition, without a graph. That review also disappeared from their site, but for some strange reason, they left the graph of the Pro 250 ohm (with the year 2006 as referral).
You can see all this when you search on: Internet Archive Wayback Machine

More explanation at: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/hea...ml#post4900327

Users who are viewing this thread

Back