Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Nov 18, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #1,981 of 2,288
Yeah, there is no special version for the IE600 in case of this cable, it's just "MMCX". But look at the picture, the connectors don't have the standard colored rings for left and right side, and that is the important thing, because the IE600 connectors do have them. In my case this cable matches perfectly.
Im using it for some weeks now and have no issues. And you can always return it, if you don't like it.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71AaoBQh49L._SL1500_.jpg
Ah gotcha! Thank you for your reply, just ordered one myself. I had already picked up a hart audio cable for it, but unfortunately the sleeve came out of the connector after only having it for 10 days, I did send them a email and I've only had good interactions with them, so I expect to get it taken care of but just in case I'm picking one up. I'll report back if it fits well. Thank you again.

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #1,982 of 2,288
I hope you like that cable, because of course your mileage my vary, but I've bought several cables before and after that one aren't searching for something different, because it's really fine for me. I was also pretty close to buy some expensive cable (Null Audio, also Hart or Forza Audioworks), but then I thought a little bit about it and, well, I don't believe a cable for an IEM can change the sound signature in anyway, so why should I pay this much money for it. Someone could say, if one has a pretty expensive gear, like IE600, one should also invest in proportionally "good" (aka expensive) cable, but this doesn't make any sense for me.

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #1,983 of 2,288
I hope you like that cable, because of course your mileage my vary, but I've bought several cables before and after that one aren't searching for something different, because it's really fine for me. I was also pretty close to buy some expensive cable (Null Audio, also Hart or Forza Audioworks), but then I thought a little bit about it and, well, I don't believe a cable for an IEM can change the sound signature in anyway, so why should I pay this much money for it. Someone could say, if one has a pretty expensive gear, like IE600, one should also invest in proportionally "good" (aka expensive) cable, but this doesn't make any sense for me.
I've had it since yesterday and I can confirm it works well! I really like it. Regarding hart audio I can't say I always bought hart audio cables for better sound, moreso to support a company I like and to get a nice cable out of it that fits in their interconnect system. Sometimes though, it was for utility, the HD800s for example has terrible cables, and my balanced output was XLR, which my newer version didn't have.

Nov 21, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #1,984 of 2,288
I'm glad you like it, I have it a few weeks now and no complaints here, the only thing I would mention is that the earhook part can be a little hard to the behind of ears after longer listening sessions, but this is pretty minor. And I didn't want to say everyone is buying expensive cables for better sound only, we have an actual case here with IE600, where the stock cable is really bad and needs recplacement. And your headphone set is really (I mean really) impressive, so I would also get for them best cables possible. That it about "I don't believe a cable for IEM can change the sound signature" was only my personal opinion, nothing else.

Nov 21, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #1,985 of 2,288
Does the IE600 need to be burned-in?

Mine sounds a bit anemic out of the box with the silicone tips. The foam tips seem to give it more low-end but I do remember the demo unit that I tried having more oomph.

Don't get me wrong, it still sounds great -- just not sure if a burn-in or better tips or both are necessary to improve the sound.

Nov 21, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,986 of 2,288
It could be something else, but I think this has to do something with the fit and seal. Sometimes they sound quite thin directly after inserting them with stock silicone tips, don't know why precisely, but for me always helps getting them out and trying put them in again and the low-end is as it should be. It doesn't happen every time, so I am not shure why this happens, but this could be something with proper seal, because I see them as pretty sensible to the seal.

Nov 21, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #1,987 of 2,288
Does the IE600 need to be burned-in?

Mine sounds a bit anemic out of the box with the silicone tips. The foam tips seem to give it more low-end but I do remember the demo unit that I tried having more oomph.

Don't get me wrong, it still sounds great -- just not sure if a burn-in or better tips or both are necessary to improve the sound.

Sounded punchy right out of the box. Though we all have a different definition of punchy.

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #1,988 of 2,288
It could be something else, but I think this has to do something with the fit and seal. Sometimes they sound quite thin directly after inserting them with stock silicone tips, don't know why precisely, but for me always helps getting them out and trying put them in again and the low-end is as it should be. It doesn't happen every time, so I am not shure why this happens, but this could be something with proper seal, because I see them as pretty sensible to the seal.
Not sure if poor fit or just poor tips in general as I'm already shoving it deep into my ear canal.

Which reminds me -- my right iem makes crackling sounds when I do that. Apparently it's called driver flex? My god, you learn something new in this hobby everyday lol.

Anyhow, might try different tips. Recos, anyone?

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #1,989 of 2,288
Not sure if poor fit or just poor tips in general as I'm already shoving it deep into my ear canal.

Which reminds me -- my right iem makes crackling sounds when I do that. Apparently it's called driver flex? My god, you learn something new in this hobby everyday lol.

Anyhow, might try different tips. Recos, anyone?
There are plenty. Spinfit CP100 work well for me.

Nov 22, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #1,990 of 2,288
I just ordered a set of IE600 which should be here tomorrow, I couldn't resist at around 35% off normal retail. I just missed the previous Friday sale at about 40% off, you snooze you lose I guess.

I also just received an Effect Audio Ares S 4.4mm 4 wire cable with MMCX connectors for another IEM. I have since put another cable on that IEM so the Ares S will go straight on the IE600, sounds like the stock cables are not very user friendly and the Ares S should look pretty smart on the IE600. I am not a believer in cables altering sound so for me it about user experience and aesthetics.

I have a pile of tips to choose from so I should have something here that gives me a good fit without having to buy more, any generally accepted better ear tips for the IE600 ?

Looking forward to trying them after all the good comments in this thread and the near universal praise they get.

Nov 23, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #1,991 of 2,288
I just ordered a set of IE600 which should be here tomorrow, I couldn't resist at around 35% off normal retail. I just missed the previous Friday sale at about 40% off, you snooze you lose I guess.

I also just received an Effect Audio Ares S 4.4mm 4 wire cable with MMCX connectors for another IEM. I have since put another cable on that IEM so the Ares S will go straight on the IE600, sounds like the stock cables are not very user friendly and the Ares S should look pretty smart on the IE600. I am not a believer in cables altering sound so for me it about user experience and aesthetics.

I have a pile of tips to choose from so I should have something here that gives me a good fit without having to buy more, any generally accepted better ear tips for the IE600 ?

Looking forward to trying them after all the good comments in this thread and the near universal praise they get.
I like the biggest foam tips for my ears
I don't have any others to play with but I think a really large silicone that fills my ear with a better seal than the largest one offered would be interesting.. the largest one doesn't match the largest foam tip for seal. If you know of something like that that would be great. Or wheres good to find slightly larger foam tip than the largest foam tip

Nov 23, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #1,992 of 2,288
I don't have any others to play with but I think a really large silicone that fills my ear with a better seal than the largest one offered would be interesting.. the largest one doesn't match the largest foam tip for seal. If you know of something like that that would be great. Or wheres good to find slightly larger foam tip than the largest foam tip

My IE600 should be here today so I will have a play around with tips and let you know if something I have to hand seems like it might work for you.

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #1,993 of 2,288
IE600 arrived, everything I read about the stock tips and cables is true, they are garbage. Honestly who would design ear hooks like that and even brand new the 4.4mm cable isn’t a tight click fit and cuts out if moving around a little.

Regardless, I had a new Effect Audio Ares S cable ready which is a nice crisp tight fit and a pile of tips on hand. For me the Divinus Velvet in large are the tips of choice so far. I found the somewhat short nozzle made getting a good seal less straightforward than longer nozzle IEM that I prefer.

With a decent cable attached and tips that seal well they do sound excellent, a sharp, clear and crystalline nature to the sound. For me the bass is just right, not as elevated as I expected and the treble is crispy giving great detail but there is a little sibilance if the recording is erring that way. The mids are lovely and female and male voices sound nice as do instruments in this area. Overall a nice natural sound with a bit fun injected.

They were not a literal wow moment but they were very pleasing nonetheless.

I don’t know what the specs are but they need a bit of powering compared to other IEM that I have.

Pleased so far but given that everything but the IEM themselves will end up in the rubbish bin I am glad I waited for a sale.

IMG_0025.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #1,994 of 2,288

I can now see what you mean, I also struggled with tips that seal well. The largest of the stock silicone and foam did not work for me at all.

I settled on those linked below, they seal well and sound leagues better than the stock large foams for me.

https://hifigo.com/products/divinus-velvet?variant=44057388417263

I also have one set of 15mm tips from Penon that would be worth looking at if you have big ear holes. Search Penon Audio, you might need to email them, I recall struggling to find them on their website.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #1,995 of 2,288
This forum is a bit quiet so I will slide it back up the page with something that might help someone.

I have been doing some experimenting with tips and would like to offer a suggestion for anyone like myself that is struggling to get a good secure fit and seal due to the relatively short nozzle on the IE600.

None of the stock tips were worth persevering with for my ear on terms of both fit and sound.

This has been mentioned a couple of times earlier but it is worth repeating. A thin ring around 2mm wide sliced off the stem of an old ear tip with a craft knife makes a very good spacer at the base of the IEM nozzle to hold the tip just a bit further out. Pick a tip with a black stem and you don’t even see the spacer, or you could get funky with different colours.

With that spacer in place the Divinus Velvet ear tips work exceptionally well. The stem has a flange at the base and with the spacer in place on the nozzle that flange tucks snugly behind the ring on the IEM nozzle so even with the reduced length of the stem on the nozzle they are really secure.

A couple of millimeters might not sound like much but it makes a really worthwhile difference to the insertion depth and the effectiveness of the seal.

Listening now with the tips set up as above from iPhone 15 - iFi Gryphon as the DAC - Astell and Kern PA10 amplifier and they sound fantastic.

https://hifigo.com/products/divinus-velvet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back