Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Sep 6, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #1,861 of 2,290
Thanks for that. The rim around the nozzle looks really clean compared to mine. Are yours made in Germany? My box says made in Ireland. I can also notice the rows of lines that I assume were the 3d printing of the shells. Same as on mine. Do your shells ever feel cold like a metal?

Just to.comment my unit's sound quality. They are pretty incredible, I don't have golden ears, but I can hear it's something special.

My box says made in Ireland which makes me think that all IE 600 must have been as I ordered very early. Yes, the shells are made of zirconium metal, I believe. I did notice the differences in the nozzle lip but I have no idea if that means anything. Where/when did you get yours?

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #1,862 of 2,290
20230906_100355.jpg
Well. These are mine

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #1,864 of 2,290
My box says made in Ireland which makes me think that all IE 600 must have been as I ordered very early. Yes, the shells are made of zirconium metal, I believe. I did notice the differences in the nozzle lip but I have no idea if that means anything. Where/when did you get yours?
I think I did see some boxes with made in Germany on them (online). I got mine from a bloke on eBay. I met him in person to collect them and he swore they were genuine and even let me inspect them.

I know ears can be fooled, but the sound impression I got from the IE600 is that they are above my Final Audio A5000, which were above my Moondrop Kato. I am actually more impressed with the sound than when I first heard my Focal Clears, LCD2 or Moondrop Venus. My ears say they are genuine. Would be funny if they turn out to be $5 fakes.

Sep 6, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #1,865 of 2,290
Ahh. Those are similar nozzle rims to mine.

No idea why they look different. Maybe Sennheiser had issues with the grill popping out and started mounting them more securely, although it doesn't look as clean. I ordered mine on 5/12/22 directly from the Sennheiser site so I'm 100% sure they are authentic.

Sep 6, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #1,866 of 2,290
No idea why they look different. Maybe Sennheiser had issues with the grill popping out and started mounting them more securely, although it doesn't look as clean. I ordered mine on 5/12/22 directly from the Sennheiser site so I'm 100% sure they are authentic.
Ah for sure yours would be. I like the clean rims better. I will check the date on my certificate of authenticity when I get home.

Sep 6, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #1,867 of 2,290
Ah for sure yours would be. I like the clean rims better. I will check the date on my certificate of authenticity when I get home.
My certificate is dated April, 7, 2022 and I ordered them on May 12, 2022 which was the first day of North America preorders.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #1,868 of 2,290
My certificate is dated April, 7, 2022 and I ordered them on May 12, 2022 which was the first day of North America preorders.
Mine says 15 September 2022.

Sep 9, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #1,870 of 2,290
After writing a lengthy email to Sennheiser India asking them to test with a couple of songs and Sennheiser's own soundtrack. They have finally provided me with a replacement IE600 unit.

Albeight with some persuasion to conduct proper testing from my end. The testing should have ideally happened the first time the product was sent. Nevertheless, I am thankful to the brand for not leaving their customers deserted.

And of course, the replacement unit sounds awesome as it should! No audible channel imbalance shenanigans etc. My heart rate is normal now. Thank you, Sennheiser for restoring my faith back in the brand. I was considering buying a HD 660S2 for a while. It went on hold for a moment there. But I will reconsider it now.

Sep 12, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #1,872 of 2,290
ie600 vs ie900. anyone heard both? what is the difference technically and tonally? why is it that the ie600 is considered better in most places?
Untechnical untried point of view::: I haven't but im guessing it will mostly be "you get what you pay for" type of thing where qualities "are just (a little bit) that much better"... out of all of them probably stereo width.

Sep 12, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #1,873 of 2,290
ie600 vs ie900. anyone heard both? what is the difference technically and tonally? why is it that the ie600 is considered better in most places?
IE600 tuning is what you achieve by tilting IE900 above 1k point upwards in order to achieve more natural upper mid response.
IE600 will sound like 'expected' however due to exaggerated treble, the texture may feel a bit uniform.
IE900, while maintaining the issue although alleviated, will pull mids instruments backwards a bit, could give a bit more open imaging but not tonally perfect to some people.
I only tried IE900 few times in a shop I visit time to time so I don't know if my memory is correct on this, but the bass did feel more dynamic on IE900 personally.

When you focus on how natural the tonality is, I would give IE600 hands up. It doesn't give too much of uncanny feeling.
IE900 is also an interesting piece, but I wouldn't be recommending it to everyone due to its 'special' tuning. I guess that's why IE600 is the often suggested between two.
Resolution on both are more than fine and I don't feel claustrophobic with any of them.

If you search the forum, I think you can find more takes on this age long question from other people also. Hope my answer and previous posts help!

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #1,874 of 2,290
Inner bendable ear shaping wire has broken on left hook,,its a small thing but has rendered it non rigid and is now actually pretty bad , its flapping, won't stay down and walking around last hour v noticeable. It doesn't seem to be a thing can get used to. If anyone with experience with this has come up with a good temp fix, shrinking rubber sheath etc. I have tape on hand and looks like will be my first go at temp fix.. Otherwise , is it possible to get a balanced to 3.5mm adapter to work in a phone?

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,875 of 2,290
Inner bendable ear shaping wire has broken on left hook,,its a small thing but has rendered it non rigid and is now actually pretty bad , its flapping, won't stay down and walking around last hour v noticeable. It doesn't seem to be a thing can get used to. If anyone with experience with this has come up with a good temp fix, shrinking rubber sheath etc. I have tape on hand and looks like will be my first go at temp fix.. Otherwise , is it possible to get a balanced to 3.5mm adapter to work in a phone?

Attachments

• 20230915_133053.jpg
    20230915_133053.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back