Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Jul 21, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #901 of 2,232
After swapping the tips I can say with a good amount of certainty that ie600 is my end game iem. I'm not lying :) Seriously though.

With a stock config these sound like a hd560s in iem form. Most detailed fun indeed.

I had eq-graphed it using my etymotic er2xr as reference via EqualizerAPO before owning them. Now that I have them they tonally sound quite like what I expected and even better.

The only gripe I have, and so do most people are the rubber tips. Yes, its hard to make tips that will suit most users. But that rubber material in the stock tips creates bloat in the bass from what I hear. Using silicone alternatives make the sound much "bouncier" and transparent. Spinfit cp100 works quite well but reduces the feeling of openness due to the narrow bore. So im using wide bore tips from an older u-shaped iem the ttpod t1. Loving them with these.

Great work on the NASA grade build materials but Sennheiser needs to collab with Spinfit to work on their ear-tips. Tips aside I think this comes close to perfection just like Sennheiser over ear headphones. A great u shaped technically capable, fun bass yet neutral clean sounding iem with such a nice black background. Incredible, especially for a single dynamic driver.

Not great pics, but here are some anyways to highlight the kind of tip. I think there are alot of sexy photos of the iem out there already. So no one's going to miss out.
Are those azla sednaearfit standard tips i found them to be by far the best for my listening.

Jul 22, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #902 of 2,232
Pairing the IE600 with Questyle M15 today. Will share some impressions tomorrow.

iasd12.jpg

Jul 22, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #903 of 2,232
Looks great!

Just shame about the later launch date in Europe and that I'd still have to use an adapter for it work with the UTWS5... :/

It would be cool if Sennheiser made a True Wireless BT adapter in the near future now that we'll see Bluetooth reaching CD-quality :)
Where can I find the adapter? Any links?
I definitely want to connect my ie600 top the UTWS5

Jul 22, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #904 of 2,232
Are those azla sednaearfit standard tips i found them to be by far the best for my listening.
These are some older tips from another u shaped iem (TTPOD T1). I like these for now. But i have azla earfit light tips on the way.

Also since the treble gets elevated without the stock tips foam. I find placing it not so deep inside the ear canal makes up for the treble hotness. Also makes it sound wider. Though you will give up on some isolation.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #905 of 2,232
These are some older tips from another u shaped iem (TTPOD T1). I like these for now. But i have azla earfit light tips on the way.

Also since the treble gets elevated without the stock tips foam. I find placing it not so deep inside the ear canal makes up for the treble hotness. Also makes it sound wider. Though you will give up on some isolation.
The azla sednaearfit standards give an extremely wide sound stage with as good a isolation as possible i have found....I have tried the short & the crystals but nothing beats the standard azla blacks as far as I have found.
I have tried: jvc spiral dot ++, spinfit cp240 cp100, Sony hybrid, acoustune aet06 , radius deep mount.
I will try the azla sednaearfit max & the azla sednaearfit vivid next but I think I have already found my perfect tip. Lol

Jul 22, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #906 of 2,232
Where can I find the adapter? Any links?
I definitely want to connect my ie600 top the UTWS5

Only place that I have seen them is on ali express. Make sure to select the correct adapter (by clicking on the images) as there are a number on this page from the same seller. I have both the straight and angled versions. I tried linking here, but it is not working properly. Search for

Super Mini MMCX/0.78MM Female To Sennheiser IE300/IE900 Headphone Conversion Pin Conversion Head Adapter​

I bought from a store called "Nancy's Integrity Store" for both.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #907 of 2,232
Do these IEM’s also need very specific MMCX cables because the connection is very deep like the IE900’s? Thinking of snagging these for travel to upgrade from my IE 80 S and would love them with the Dunu cables but not sure those would work

Jul 22, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #908 of 2,232
IMG_2532.jpg

Did some cable rolling with these - to be honest the stock cable is really good, I have the Linum superbax and bax, and some Campfire copper litz, but to be honest the stock cable had more impactful bass and highs. The plus side I guess is that I found any harshness in the treble to be resolved with the other cables...

Jul 23, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #909 of 2,232
IMG_2532.jpg

Did some cable rolling with these - to be honest the stock cable is really good, I have the Linum superbax and bax, and some Campfire copper litz, but to be honest the stock cable had more impactful bass and highs. The plus side I guess is that I found any harshness in the treble to be resolved with the other cables...

I envy you guys that can hear sound differences in cables like that. I wouldn't mind having that ability.

Jul 23, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #911 of 2,232
Only place that I have seen them is on ali express. Make sure to select the correct adapter (by clicking on the images) as there are a number on this page from the same seller. I have both the straight and angled versions. I tried linking here, but it is not working properly. Search for

Super Mini MMCX/0.78MM Female To Sennheiser IE300/IE900 Headphone Conversion Pin Conversion Head Adapter​

I bought from a store called "Nancy's Integrity Store" for both.
What do you find is a more comfortable fit the straight or the angled connector while using the utws5 ?

Jul 23, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #912 of 2,232
IMG_2532.jpg

I came to the same conclusion. Any silver plated cable I tried attenuated the highs too much. The stock cable has just the right balance and feels the most ergonomic. Even though I like to cable roll with other IEMs I feel the IE600 doesn't need it.

Jul 23, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #913 of 2,232
Just got them. Can confirm azla sedna standard/light eartips + ie600 = aural bliss :) Thing to note. The azla tips are actually bigger in diameter than advertised in the middle portion so they are bigger than usual mediums. I'd recommend ordering one size below than usual to be safe.

Update: After A/B ing a lot. Although the azlas are great they do add slight amount of muddiness to the bass and are a little extra bright. Which is why spinfit cp100 is the choice of eartip right now.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #915 of 2,232
Do these IEM’s also need very specific MMCX cables because the connection is very deep like the IE900’s? Thinking of snagging these for travel to upgrade from my IE 80 S and would love them with the Dunu cables but not sure those would work
Anyone know? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back