Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Aug 8, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #1,006 of 2,226
Nope no change for me. This is the volume I’m getting to be loud enough yet comfortable volume. 45-50 I can hear music just fine it’s just too low for my liking. And yes I just went to an ENT a couple months ago and my hearing test was perfect lol

E4F89098-4ECE-47ED-89BF-DD0FB866F90E.png

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #1,007 of 2,226
Just got the IE 600 in and had about 30 mins to listen! Luckily came in the same day as my Null audio cable so I was able to connect them right away. The combo is fantastic and the Null audio cable is really, really high quality.

Sound-wise I absolutely LOVE this IEM. Once you get the right fit, the bass is perfectly slammy and present in the mix while not overtaking the mids in any way. Also just love how airy these are for an IEM and how crisp everything sounds. Need a lot more listening time but very impressed so far.

Only thing I’m iffy on is the sensitivity. Unfortunately when I’m just using this with the lightning adapter to my iPhone (which I prefer for travel), I don’t have much headroom at all and nearly need the volume at the top while listening. Are there any other portable DAP’s that are super super small like the lightning adapter that would give a little extra oomph that people recommend?

7B0CFA2B-317D-43A4-BF8F-23845DC2A9BD.jpeg
Do you notice much difference between the null cable & the stock cable ?
I use the balance 4.4 cable with mine on the astell&kern sp1000m & ifi audio micro idsd signature which work great. I have also used the ie600 with my qudelix 5k bluetooth which is also good. I have been looking at the null audio epsilon series.

Aug 8, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #1,008 of 2,226
I use the balance 4.4 cable with mine on the astell&kern sp1000m & ifi audio micro idsd signature which work great. I have also used the ie600 with my qudelix 5k bluetooth which is also good. I have been looking at the null audio epsilon series.

Chiming in. Yes, quite a huge difference on my Symphonym cable. Aside from zero microphonics - overall, it's more cleaner, more detailed treble, more defined bass.

Aug 8, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #1,009 of 2,226
Nope no change for me. This is the volume I’m getting to be loud enough yet comfortable volume. 45-50 I can hear music just fine it’s just too low for my liking. And yes I just went to an ENT a couple months ago and my hearing test was perfect lol
Maybe a dumb question, but have you review/adjusted your iphone settings with regards to "headphone safety" (under sound and haptics), etc.?
-note if you haven't changed that setting, you might turn the volume down before disabling the setting.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #1,010 of 2,226
Maybe a dumb question, but have you review/adjusted your iphone settings with regards to "headphone safety" (under sound and haptics), etc.?
-note if you haven't changed that setting, you might turn the volume down before disabling the setting.
I listen to mine at the 45% mark and it gives me enough volume that I don’t want to raise it and put my hearing at any risk of loss

Aug 9, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #1,011 of 2,226
Ya none of that is on

Aug 9, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #1,012 of 2,226
Are there any other portable DAP’s that are super super small like the lightning adapter that would give a little extra oomph that people recommend?
I really like the FiiO KA2 with my IE900s. It draws less power than the Moondrop Dawn and is much smaller. The KA2 has less power, but still more than enough to bleed your eardrums.

Aug 9, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #1,013 of 2,226
I really like the FiiO KA2 with my IE900s. It draws less power than the Moondrop Dawn and is much smaller. The KA2 has less power, but still more than enough to bleed your eardrums.
Thank you!! The size of that looks perfect for just giving a bit extra power and still remaining super portable. Just bought the KA3 because I have a 3.5mm jack :)

Aug 9, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #1,014 of 2,226
Thank you!! The size of that looks perfect for just giving a bit extra power and still remaining super portable. Just bought the KA3 because I have a 3.5mm jack :)
FYI: the iOS FiiO Control app won't work with the KA series. Neither does the Moondrop app for that matter.

Aug 9, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #1,015 of 2,226
I just ordered a brand new FIIO BTR7, though it's much more bulky than the iFi Go Blu (3x), I hope I will get same power and battery playing time without the little background hiss.
Usually, it's worse with the Beyerdynmics Xelento, but it's still a bit there with the IE600, so I prefer to use a iFi iEMatch4.4 to avoid it with the Go Blu.

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #1,016 of 2,226
FYI: the iOS FiiO Control app won't work with the KA series. Neither does the Moondrop app for that matter.

We’re all good now actually. I had a BTR5 from awhile back that I got when I started going down the IEM rabbit hole. I thought I had lost it since I moved to headphones and forgot where I left it but I just went on a hunt for it since I didn’t wanna spend more $$ if I didn’t have to and I ended up finding it! Works perfectly. I am getting great volume at 25-30 with plenty of headroom to spare. The IE600 is phenomenal!!

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #1,017 of 2,226
On a flight right now so I’ve had a few more hours with the IE600. Previous to this I had the IE 80 S and IER M9 as my two more expensive IEM’s..

While the M9 was a great IEM, I just could never get into it for a couple different reasons. The fit was no bueno. Not a comfortable IEM to me. Had ear pain after 30 mins to an hour. Additionally, it took TONS of tip rolls to get a sound I liked. I never had an All BA IEM before and I didn’t realize how much I preferred DD bass. I tried so many tips in an attempt to get the bass to a reasonable level but it kept impacting some of the things I really did like about the M9 so I just was never satisfied.

The IE 80 S is a great IEM and one I am going to keep for trips where I don’t feel so comfortable bringing my IE 600. Not in the same level as these two other IEM’s but it’s comfortable and just a fun, non fatiguing listen that I’ve had many years now.

The IE 600 seems to give me everything I was looking for. When using the SednaEarFit tips, it’s the perfect balance for me. Fantastic mids, sparkly highs but the Sedna’s just barely calm the highs that just get ever so slightly spicy particularly with female vocals on stock tips. The bass quantity and response is gorgeous. Extremely satisfying bass that packs a nice punch without being overpowering. Details are a hair behind the M9 but still very top knotch and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything here. This is the best tuned Sennheiser I have heard so far as far as the actual FR goes.

Sorry for not answering earlier but the difference for me all lies in the cable quality vs any sound differences. I don’t really believe in cables impacting sound and I didn’t really hear much of a difference between stock and Null cable. What I did appreciate and always appreciate from high end cables is that this has 0 microphonics, is a nice and very flexible cable and the fit around my ears is way more comfortable than the stock cables. Worth it to me to spend the $$ on all those quality of life improvements

Aug 9, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #1,018 of 2,226
On a flight right now so I’ve had a few more hours with the IE600. Previous to this I had the IE 80 S and IER M9 as my two more expensive IEM’s..

While the M9 was a great IEM, I just could never get into it for a couple different reasons. The fit was no bueno. Not a comfortable IEM to me. Had ear pain after 30 mins to an hour. Additionally, it took TONS of tip rolls to get a sound I liked. I never had an All BA IEM before and I didn’t realize how much I preferred DD bass. I tried so many tips in an attempt to get the bass to a reasonable level but it kept impacting some of the things I really did like about the M9 so I just was never satisfied.

The IE 80 S is a great IEM and one I am going to keep for trips where I don’t feel so comfortable bringing my IE 600. Not in the same level as these two other IEM’s but it’s comfortable and just a fun, non fatiguing listen that I’ve had many years now.

The IE 600 seems to give me everything I was looking for. When using the SednaEarFit tips, it’s the perfect balance for me. Fantastic mids, sparkly highs but the Sedna’s just barely calm the highs that just get ever so slightly spicy particularly with female vocals on stock tips. The bass quantity and response is gorgeous. Extremely satisfying bass that packs a nice punch without being overpowering. Details are a hair behind the M9 but still very top knotch and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything here. This is the best tuned Sennheiser I have heard so far as far as the actual FR goes.

Sorry for not answering earlier but the difference for me all lies in the cable quality vs any sound differences. I don’t really believe in cables impacting sound and I didn’t really hear much of a difference between stock and Null cable. What I did appreciate and always appreciate from high end cables is that this has 0 microphonics, is a nice and very flexible cable and the fit around my ears is way more comfortable than the stock cables. Worth it to me to spend the $$ on all those quality of life improvements
Safe travels!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Aug 10, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #1,020 of 2,226

Thanks for your reply on cables.
If you ever decide to buy a dac/amp the ie600 & ier-m9 really work well with the ifi audio micro idsd signature, it increases the sound stage & clarity. I found with my tip rolling experience on the m9 that the azla sednaearfit vivid really compliment it. On the ie600 the azla sednaearfit standard black work the best followed by the vivid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back