Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Mar 17, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #241 of 2,317
I thought of IE900, but this IE600 looks very good according to the comments... I'll have to think about it before deciding

Mar 17, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #242 of 2,317
So its a very good iem but not as technically advanced as the ie 900 territory ?
But tonality is the ie 600 that you prefer a lot?

I wonder if you had any chances to hear the Sony IER Z1R and have any thoughts on how it compares?

Also wonder if you ever heard the hd820 and if the ie 600 has a similar tonality to it 🤔

Thanks for your feedback! 😁😃🐅
I own both IER-Z1R and IE600, my summery as follow:
The IER-Z1R have better bass responses , more layer separation and wider sound stage when driven well, but the tuning on the IE600 is more neutral, IER-Z1R have a very well extended treble making it more V shape, but the IE600 have a better high mid in general which makes it more monitor feel.
IE600 sounds good even directly from my phone but the IER-Z1R need a proper amp, my Astell & Kern SP2000 Vegas Gold is not powerful enough to drive the IER-Z1R to its full potential, although its not bad in all way.
I will say the IE600 have a higher price performance ratio and the build are on pair with the IER-Z1R
The cable is similarly bad but IER-Z1R came with more size of ear tips which is a plus.
The IER-Z1R are too heavy and the fits is just catastrophic, where the IE600 fit and seals better on my ears.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #243 of 2,317
I thought of IE900, but this IE600 looks very good according to the comments... I'll have to think about it before deciding
Try it out then decided, both very good iem, I think both the ie600 & 900 have similar level of resolution but just tune different, other might disagree.
(I think the 600 is the better one but that’s just my preference, like I prefer the stax 009 to 009S)
It’s always safer to try before you pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #244 of 2,317
Try it out then decided, both very good iem, I think both the ie600 & 900 have similar level of resolution but just tune different, other might disagree.
(I think the 600 is the better one but that’s just my preference, like I prefer the stax 009 to 009S)
It’s always safer to try before you pull the trigger.
I won't have a chance to try them, but I'll keep reading and asking..

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #245 of 2,317
I own both IER-Z1R and IE600, my summery as follow:
The IER-Z1R have better bass responses , more layer separation and wider sound stage when driven well, but the tuning on the IE600 is more neutral, IER-Z1R have a very well extended treble making it more V shape, but the IE600 have a better high mid in general which makes it more monitor feel.
IE600 sounds good even directly from my phone but the IER-Z1R need a proper amp, my Astell & Kern SP2000 Vegas Gold is not powerful enough to drive the IER-Z1R to its full potential, although its not bad in all way.
I will say the IE600 have a higher price performance ratio and the build are on pair with the IER-Z1R
The cable is similarly bad but IER-Z1R came with more size of ear tips which is a plus.
The IER-Z1R are too heavy and the fits is just catastrophic, where the IE600 fit and seals better on my ears.

Oh thanks so much for your input, its great to see we have folks who own both at same time 😁

Yea I presumed that the ierz1r would have some advantages but ie600 being that delicious in mids is super intriguing!

When I compared ie 900 vs ierz1r I kinda found the 900 not as technical and not as expansive in soundstage also ierz1r resolution is just untouchable. But ie900 was very fun and pleasant signature which I found really good in any music genres just not a perfectionist like for one particular genre lets say.

How is isolation if you get the fit right with ierz1r lol I know those are giant iems haha. Which one would win 😛

And that is totally true the cost ratio of ie600 is unbeatable like the z1r resolution hehe

Mar 18, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #246 of 2,317
Oh thanks so much for your input, its great to see we have folks who own both at same time 😁

Yea I presumed that the ierz1r would have some advantages but ie600 being that delicious in mids is super intriguing!

When I compared ie 900 vs ierz1r I kinda found the 900 not as technical and not as expansive in soundstage also ierz1r resolution is just untouchable. But ie900 was very fun and pleasant signature which I found really good in any music genres just not a perfectionist like for one particular genre lets say.

How is isolation if you get the fit right with ierz1r lol I know those are giant iems haha. Which one would win 😛

And that is totally true the cost ratio of ie600 is unbeatable like the z1r resolution hehe
Only if I get a good fit, the Z1R will win…but not longer than 30 mins…sometimes if I don’t ware it well I get ear pain off a 30mins trip from my home to office lol
I totally agree that the ier z1r is better on resolution, soundstage, but recent Sony house sound tuning isn’t great anymore.
647192A4-DE59-4359-A970-A9E6E0B7A281.png

If anyone is familiar with the Sony M9, the IE600 have a sort of same tendency tuning with much better dynamic and resolution.
However, it’s more v shape than the m9 which makes it more fun to listen when being neutral.
The bass elevation is the worst thing, but with out it we are not listening to a sennheiser lol

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #248 of 2,317
Are there any infos besides spring/summer when the ie600 is officially announced in Europe?

My dealer said that that they can’t offer it for preorder as long as it’s not officially out. I don’t want to order it from Asia.
But it’s made in Ireland? How on earth they can ship the product from Ireland to Asia but not to Europe?
How about ordering from sennheiser global website?

Mar 20, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #249 of 2,317
But it’s made in Ireland? How on earth they can ship the product from Ireland to Asia but not to Europe?
The Sennheiser Global Store doesn’t let me deliver to Germany. When I try to complete the order it doesn’t want to accept my location. I think it’s a shame that Sennheiser treats its home country as second class.

Mar 20, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #250 of 2,317

The Sennheiser Global Store doesn’t let me deliver to Germany. When I try to complete the order it doesn’t want to accept my location. I think it’s a shame that Sennheiser treats its home country as second class.

Without getting too deep into the weeds, Asia is the top market for in-ear products and committed to the first batch. Of course we wish we could serve all markets at exactly the same time. The team is working diligently on additional supply and supply timelines for each market. Trust me, nobody wants to leave any possible sale on the table. We thank everyone for their patience.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 21, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #253 of 2,317
@Sennheiser

Axel Grell stated this month that you shut down your Sennheiser headphones research department. What does this mean for the future of Sennheiser audiophile products? Are the IE-600 among the last audiophile Sennheiser products that we will see?

See here at 38:25 - www.youtube.com /watch?v=ABsW8UU_X8A&t=8s (added a space on purpose after .com so it doesn't show up here automatically)

Mar 21, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #254 of 2,317
Are the IE-600 among the last audiophile Sennheiser products that we will see?
No.

We will point you to the announcement about the audiophile business acquisition by Sonova (a part of the "Consumer business"). In principle, the Consumer business and thus all associated jobs were transferred in full to Sonova. No job from the Consumer business remains at Sennheiser and the production facilities (equipment, etc) all change over to Sonova so they can have continuity in developing/manufacturing great new products worthy of the Sennheiser name.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 21, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #255 of 2,317
No.

We will point you to the announcement about the audiophile business acquisition by Sonova (a part of the "Consumer business"). In principle, the Consumer business and thus all associated jobs were transferred in full to Sonova. No job from the Consumer business remains at Sennheiser and the production facilities (equipment, etc) all change over to Sonova so they can have continuity in developing/manufacturing great new products worthy of the Sennheiser name.

Great to hear the "No". Thanks!

But can I get a straight answer on what Axel Grell was saying? From what you wrote, I understand this: Sonova bought the Sennheiser consumer business, which included the old consumer business research department. Now Sonova is closing the research department of this old Sennheiser consumer business and planning to continue any related research through its own research department(s). Is this correct? Is it like a post-acquisition efficiency downsizing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back