Every detail matters: Introducing the all-new IE 900
May 14, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #106 of 150
In addition to differing musical tastes I think some people legitimately are more/less sensitive to different regions of the FR. For some the Dusk has ‘class leading tonality’, whereas some of us find it shouty and often wince inducing. YMMV. We need to stop pretending there is some objective standard that applies to everyone.
Yeah, there are lots that we can't be sure about in this hobby. YMMV should be the mantra.

May 14, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #107 of 150
Yeah, there are lots that we can't be sure about in this hobby. YMMV should be the mantra.

Equally the 'shiny new toy' wow factor, something I've definitely discovered I need to be cautious of myself, let alone going by a review that has only had the item a short time. Personally, I think I need at least two weeks to really get to know an IEM strengths and weaknesses, ideally a month. Initial impressions can definitely change! Five days in with IE 900 though and so far, so good...

May 14, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #108 of 150
Equally the 'shiny new toy' wow factor, something I've definitely discovered I need to be cautious of myself, let alone going by a review that has only had the item a short time. Personally, I think I need at least two weeks to really get to know an IEM strengths and weaknesses, ideally a month. Initial impressions can definitely change! Five days in with IE 900 though and so far, so good...
Sometimes the opposite can be true. You don't like something that much at first ,then something happens and you like or come to love something. So giving time i s essential. You are right.

May 14, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #109 of 150
Sometimes the opposite can be true. You don't like something that much at first ,then something happens and you like or come to love something. So giving time i s essential. You are right.

You have to give it time.

Many moons ago when I purchased and heard the HD650 for the first time, I was so dissapointed I put them back in the box and didn't touch them for two years. Two years later, when I pulled it out of the box again, I was like "WTH, how this I overlook this gem?" Now I have over 30 headphones/IEMs and HD650 is still one of my favorite cans.

As you mature in this hobby, your preference will likely shift. And when you listen to one type of sound for an extended period, you get "conditioned" and differing sound signature may seem "off" to you at first. I'm sure if you listen to beats for two straight years, everything else will sound anemic until you are "reconditioned." Hence, you can't judge a heaphone from one short auditioning. Plus, depending on your mood/condition, your perception of sound can change greatly. Some days, all my headphones just sound bad.

With that being said, there are bad sounding cans out there no matter how long you listen to them. But in the end, there's nothing "objective" about this hobby. One person's trash is another person's treasure. There are no reasons to argue over how someone else "hear" things. And for same reasons, no need to treat reviewers words as bible.

May 14, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #110 of 150
These use the same tips as the IE 300, and should fit most tips with an inner bore diameter around 4.7-4.9mm, pretty much the most common bore size for exchanging tips. Smaller tips may not be able to stretch around the flared lip on the IE 900’s nozzle that helps hold the tips in place. Personally, I have pretty narrow diameter ear canals (though my outer ears are plenty big!), and I was able to fit a number of foam tips from different manufacturers, but the stock small Sennheiser tips fit me fine.
As an alternative to the stock tips, the Final Audio and SpinFit CP100 worked with the IE 300, too....for me.

May 14, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #111 of 150
For me, e-type and CP100 fit well but didn't sound good. CP145 sounded better but was a bit loose and can come off easily if you pull the unit out abruptly.

If you haven't, give AZLA Senda Earfit (standard) a chance. They have the best sound/fit for me (YMMV of course). They have wider nozzle than final/spinfit and most other, if that means anything. A bit on the pricier side, but well worth the money IMO.

May 14, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #112 of 150
You have to give it time.

Many moons ago when I purchased and heard the HD650 for the first time, I was so dissapointed I put them back in the box and didn't touch them for two years. Two years later, when I pulled it out of the box again, I was like "WTH, how this I overlook this gem?" Now I have over 30 headphones/IEMs and HD650 is still one of my favorite cans.

As you mature in this hobby, your preference will likely shift. And when you listen to one type of sound for an extended period, you get "conditioned" and differing sound signature may seem "off" to you at first. I'm sure if you listen to beats for two straight years, everything else will sound anemic until you are "reconditioned." Hence, you can't judge a heaphone from one short auditioning. Plus, depending on your mood/condition, your perception of sound can change greatly. Some days, all my headphones just sound bad.

With that being said, there are bad sounding cans out there no matter how long you listen to them. But in the end, there's nothing "objective" about this hobby. One person's trash is another person's treasure. There are no reasons to argue over how someone else "hear" things. And for same reasons, no need to treat reviewers words as bible.
Very well said my friend 🧘.

May 14, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #113 of 150
Precog and Animus "reviews" make me assume that they are 90 years old with a upper hearing limit of 8khz.

Okay, well...I can assure you that I am not 90 years old with an upper hearing limit of 8kHz haha. Ironically, I'm probably one of the youngest people on here, and I'm pretty sure Animus is actually even younger than me. So if anyone has their hearing intact, it would probably be us! I don't mind constructive criticism (heck, I encourage it!), but your comments are out of line.

May 15, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #116 of 150
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 15, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #117 of 150
Very tempted as well. Looking forward to your impressions. Your #TigerEars should swallow these up.

🙃🙃🙃 #Tiger Ears are ready for the challenge, will sure let everyone know how I connect with IE900 🐅🐾

May 15, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #119 of 150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back