Every detail matters: Introducing the all-new IE 900
May 14, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #94 of 150
For sure buddy :D
Crinacle, or Precog, Or Animus, they know nothing about what a good sounding iem is, only you do.
They just express their subjective opinion as we all do.
So in the grand scheme no they don't , the same as I don't...

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #95 of 150
May 14, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #96 of 150
For sure buddy :D
Crinacle, or Precog, Or Animus, they know nothing about what a good sounding iem is, only you do.
It's all about preferences. I don't like a lot of IEMs that they often recommend. No one is an authority here, no matter how many IEMs you have heard or reviewed.

May 14, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #97 of 150
It's all about preferences. I don't like a lot of IEMs that they often recommend. No one is an authority here, no matter how many IEMs you have heard or reviewed.
Agree again. Me too, I have the same experience. Graphs are used for analytical purposes, which I use in other "department" related with my job. For music, don't believe so. There are so many subjective "points" here that graphs, imo, will be pointless!

May 14, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #98 of 150
Crinacle, or Precog, Or Animus, they know nothing about what a good sounding iem is

If the Blessing 2 Dusk is any indicator I'd be inclined to agree with this. Those guys are so far off the mark most of the time relative to my own impressions that I don't even pay attention to what they write any more. YMMV, and all that.

The Dorado is many things but muddy is most certainly not one of them...in fact one of the remarkable things about it is that it completely avoids sounding muddy or congested despite how much bass there is.

The IE900 is definitely on my radar and it may be my "summer present" to myself at which point I'll be able to do the aforementioned comparison.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #99 of 150
Well
If the Blessing 2 Dusk is any indicator I'd be inclined to agree with this. Those guys are so far off the mark most of the time relative to my own impressions that I don't even pay attention to what they write any more. YMMV, and all that.

The Dorado is many things but muddy is most certainly not one of them...in fact one of the remarkable things about it is that it completely avoids sounding muddy or congested despite how much bass there is.

The IE900 is definitely on my radar and it may be my "summer present" to myself at which point I'll be able to do the aforementioned comparison.
Well, it takes a certain kind of bravery to put your hearing impressions out into the public world. Due to the variety of ear physiology and personal preferences, it’s certain some people will agree and disagree with any impression.

So, with that in mind, I think you would be doing a great community service to add your impressions to the collective gestalt, so people can look at them right alongside Crinacle, Precog, or Animus’ reviews, and others, to get an idea of the range of experiences people have.

Does that make sense? For example, If some people say they perceive a lot of bass and some people say they perceive a natural amount of bass, then it’s likely that the experience of most others will fall within that range. You don’t even need to take an average, it really is a range of possible experiences. If everyone says that the bass is tight and detailed, then the range of experiences is pretty focused and most people will continue to find the same.

Oh, and when you do write your impressions (even if it’s not a big formal review, though personally I always love it when people describe their reaction to specific songs, I discover more cool songs that way!), post it on the Head-Gear item page to make it easy to find and save for posterity!
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ie-900.25145/

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #100 of 150
Well

Well, it takes a certain kind of bravery to put your hearing impressions out into the public world. Due to the variety of ear physiology and personal preferences, it’s certain some people will agree and disagree with any impression.

So, with that in mind, I think you would be doing a great community service to add your impressions to the collective gestalt, so people can look at them right alongside Crinacle, Precog, or Animus’ reviews, and others, to get an idea of the range of experiences people have.

Does that make sense? For example, If some people say they perceive a lot of bass and some people say they perceive a natural amount of bass, then it’s likely that the experience of most others will fall within that range. You don’t even need to take an average, it really is a range of possible experiences. If everyone says that the bass is tight and detailed, then the range of experiences is pretty focused and most people will continue to find the same.

I don't begrudge anyone the right or privilege to share their own impressions of gear-- it's the wealth of impressions on sites like this that, among other things, make coming here so valuable. Where I draw the line is when the impressions of others are held up as gospel and thrust in my face as though they somehow have more weight than what my own ears tell me. Every one of us has the right and ability to judge things for ourselves, even if some chose to delegate this task to others..

May 14, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #101 of 150
Although one can argue that if you find a lot of things muddy and like a lot of upper midrange lift and needs music be shouted at you, your hearing isn't that good. Lol.

Not saying it's necessarily true , don't come after me.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #104 of 150
Although one can argue that if you find a lot of things muddy and like a lot of upper midrange lift and needs music be shouted at you, your hearing isn't that good. Lol.

In addition to differing musical tastes I think some people legitimately are more/less sensitive to different regions of the FR. For some the Dusk has ‘class leading tonality’, whereas some of us find it shouty and often wince inducing. YMMV. We need to stop pretending there is some objective standard that applies to everyone.

May 14, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #105 of 150
I've been listening to a few usual test tracks, mostly 24bit and via 4.4mm on my Sony NW-WM1A. Quite a mixed bag of genres... some of which include and all sound incredible:

Hollie Cook - Ghostly Fading
The Flying Mars - Enlightened Nature
Transmission - Dance Alone (Orb Remix)
Special Request - Curtain Twister
Spatialize - The Great Super Mango
Bicep - Glue
Planetary Assault Systems - Sonar Falls
Dr Dre - The Day the Niggaz Took Over
Most Def - Miss Fat Booty
Run the Jewels - Holy Calamaf**k
London Grammar - Wasting my Younger Years
Cigarettes After Sex - Keep on Loving You
Slowdive - Star Roving
Bomb the Bass - Bug Powder Dust (K&D Sessions)
Men I Trust - Tailwhip
Max Richter - Summer 1
Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - Falling Water

To name a few!
I need to bookmark this post for all the music discoveries! I don’t think I’ve heard of ANY of those before 🤩 Thank you very much 😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back