Every detail matters: Introducing the all-new IE 900
May 11, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #62 of 150
I've been fortunate to get my hands on a demo unit and have been listening at every opportunity for the last 24 hours. Regarding bass, without doubt the best I've heard on any of my IEMs by a long shot - absolutely spectacular and incredible for such a tiny IEM. Fit and comfort is stunning, they just disappear in my ears. The foam stock tips are great but none of the silicone worked for me.

Based on my experience of IEMs and the various price points, I feel these are where they should be and I will absolutely be buying them - and then not buying another IEM for a long time... (a long time has yet to be defined).

Fantastic job Sennheiser.

IE900.jpg

May 11, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #63 of 150
I've been fortunate to get my hands on a demo unit and have been listening at every opportunity for the last 24 hours. Regarding bass, without doubt the best I've heard on any of my IEMs by a long shot - absolutely spectacular and incredible for such a tiny IEM. Fit and comfort is stunning, they just disappear in my ears. The foam stock tips are great but none of the silicone worked for me.

Based on my experience of IEMs and the various price points, I feel these are where they should be and I will absolutely be buying them - and then not buying another IEM for a long time... (a long time has yet to be defined).

IE900.jpg
Terrific summary, feedback, and picture. Thank you so much!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 11, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #64 of 150

Detailed comparisons to the MEST MkII would be good seeing as it's priced pretty similarly.

May 11, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #66 of 150
Detailed comparisons to the MEST MkII would be good seeing as it's priced pretty similarly.

I'll be happy to in a few days with more time on them. Some initial impressions are I feel it's a more natural sound signature vs the MEST MKII... far superior bass. Soundstage probably better (wider/deeper) on the MEST but the IE 900 seriously impressive in this regard, I find it hard to get my head around how something so small can produce such a massive sound - and again, that bass!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 11, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #68 of 150
I am trying the IE 900 now with some indie rock (Cigarettes After Sex) and it sounds fantastic, vocals right up front and centre and instrument separation and positioning sounds so natural... I think thats my issue with MEST, they create an unnatural level of instrument positioning for me at times, I feel like my brain is being sucked in too many directions while trying to listen! I need more time for sure but my initial sense is I prefer the IE 900... the real test will be over the weekend when I can properly focus.

May 11, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #69 of 150
I have some concerns about these. I had the IE300 that i had to send back because the cable broke after 10 days. Some shortcuts from the mmx connectors and no more sound in the right ear after a while. As you have to bend the memory wire every time you put them on it didn't survive for long. I hope the cables for the IE900 will be tougher.
Also the L tips are too small for L, they are more like M/ ML and they were too small for me.

May 11, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #70 of 150
I am trying the IE 900 now with some indie rock (Cigarettes After Sex) and it sounds fantastic, vocals right up front and centre and instrument separation and positioning sounds so natural... I think thats my issue with MEST, they create an unnatural level of instrument positioning for me at times, I feel like my brain is being sucked in too many directions while trying to listen! I need more time for sure but my initial sense is I prefer the IE 900... the real test will be over the weekend when I can properly focus.
How's the note weight and midrange tonality? Warm vocals?

May 11, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #73 of 150
Beyond my current technical ability to describe but gives me the kick I need to further read up on these so I can articulate what I'm hearing... Leave it with me!
Whatever input is welcome. Don't sweat it. :beyersmile:

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #75 of 150
1620779701091.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back