ETHER 2: Impressions and Discussion
Mar 28, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,711 of 3,209
Mar 28, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #1,712 of 3,209
Setting everything aside, there is nothing wrong 'conforming to the mass.' A businessman who can make consumers happy achieves success.

it's not like it wasn't popular before. His Mad dog and Alpha line are one of the top thread in this forum. I haven't try ZMF in years I wonder how much that has changed also, did the two company switch sound signature with each other?

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #1,714 of 3,209
Mojo, perhaps the Hugo 2 (depends on just how you want to use them)

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #1,716 of 3,209
My DHC Silver cable, definitely made it a lot lot better...separation is definitely a lot more perceivable, brings the mids out a little, as before the mids and background instrument just seem like its congest together.

Besame Mucho - Andrea Bocelli, voice is a lot clearer, it doesnt get lost in the depth of instrument. maybe a little reduction in Bass quantity, but the slam is still there and well define.

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #1,717 of 3,209
Just a quick query re earpad rolling with the new Ether 2 for when the new earpads become available. From the quick user guide: 'The earpads are designed to be user replaceable, however removing the pad will damage or destroy the old pad. Before replacing an earpad go to Mrspeakers.com/support and watch instructional video. Just tried to do this twice and message error 404 came up. How does one access instructional video? Also if removing the pads will destroy or damage the old pad switching between different pads is likely to be a very expensive process! I guess I'm missing something here?

We wrote that to be conservative. However, it turns out in practice the stock pads can peal off easily enough and the adhesive will last well enough to swap it a few times. We plan to also offer a removable tacky pad which can be used to retrofit the original pads swappable.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 28, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #1,718 of 3,209
ETHER 2 just won another award, this from Audio Reputation here.

"If you are looking for the most natural-sounding headphones under $2,000, Ether 2 could easily be the best choice."

Audio-Reputation-Awards.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    140 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #1,720 of 3,209
Can someone comment on the depth of the pads compared to the Aeons?

I have a pair of Aeons and found that my ear touched the "driver" after wearing the headphones for about 15mins. The pressure made the Aeons uncomfortable for me to wear as is. I ended up having to 3D print a 2mm shim but between the pads and the cups.

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #1,721 of 3,209
The E2s are in the House, really liking what I hear, they’ll be a nice compliment to the ZMF Vérité. I come from the two channel world, and the E2s are very similar to the “row 10” perspective on staging. One of the reasons I grew weary of the Utopia so quickly was the in your face presentation of the music (well, that and the hard, metálico sound in the treble). I find it interesting that my two favorite headphones are creations from two companies that began as T50 modders:darthsmile:.

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #1,722 of 3,209
Just got my Ether 2, after owning a slew of Mrspeakers product, I felt Mrspeakers gave in to the mass. His headphone are never this dark the Mids seems like its laid back compare to Mrspeakers Ether C. Man I'm a little disappointed but gonna give it a couple day for my head to adjust from my other headset.
Like you said "give it a couple day for my head to adjust from my other headset." It took me at 50 hours to burn the E2 and my ears. My initial reaction to the E2 after coming from the Ether Flow was that it was more laid back; however, after some time, I realized that what I was hearing was a more natural, unaltered sound. Music that was true to the source and enjoyable to listen to hour after hour. The E2 performs well in all genre. As long as the source is good there is music heaven to enjoy.

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #1,723 of 3,209
@mrspeakers, Hi Dan, really like what I’m hearing from the E2, bravo Sir! A quick question, are their any plans to develop lambskin pads?

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,724 of 3,209
We wrote that to be conservative. However, it turns out in practice the stock pads can peal off easily enough and the adhesive will last well enough to swap it a few times. We plan to also offer a removable tacky pad which can be used to retrofit the original pads swappable.
Thanks so much for the clarification. No matter how good an HP is and how much we enjoy it, we also think that there is something that will make it "better to our ears."
There is no way to please all of us, but thanks for doing such a great job trying.

Mar 29, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,725 of 3,209
@mrspeakers, Hi Dan, really like what I’m hearing from the E2, bravo Sir! A quick question, are their any plans to develop lambskin pads?

Not at this time, we can't bond lambskin or leather to the flexible plate required to hold the adhesive and tacky material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back