ETHER 2: Impressions and Discussion
Aug 31, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #2,431 of 3,210
Would you please provide the link to that post? Thank you !

I ve never tried zmf headphones I don’t think there is any dealer for that brand where i live.
PM sent

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #2,432 of 3,210
Would you please provide the link to that post? Thank you !

I ve never tried zmf headphones I don’t think there is any dealer for that brand where i live.

you live in China, dont tell me you havent tried Hifiman. I dont like to endorse Chinese product but HE1000se sound quality is up there with Meze Empyrean, which is currently the top of my list for MVP.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #2,433 of 3,210
you live in China, dont tell me you havent tried Hifiman. I dont like to endorse Chinese product but HE1000se sound quality is up there with Meze Empyrean, which is currently the top of my list for MVP.

I have plenty chances to hear Hifiman stuff, but my Edx have broken twice while i had it, simply don’t trust the brand any more. Empyrean is definitely a good headphone but the price is out of my league

Sep 4, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #2,434 of 3,210
I'm curious, do the earpads have "lips" that can allow them to stretch over the baffles on other headphones?

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #2,436 of 3,210
just checking if any one hear the planner driver crackling(when you move your head slightly) while you had ether on your head but not playing anything through it? similar things usually occurr with certain IEMs

Pretty much all planar headphones can be made to make a crackling or popping sound with enough head motion, that's the flat driver being pressurized and "ballooning" and hitting the magnets/motor frame. We test for this during production, and endeavor to ensure that normal things like talking on the phone or routine head movements won't exhibit this. If even small movements cause an issue by all means contact us and we'll sort you out!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 6, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #2,437 of 3,210
Pretty much all planar headphones can be made to make a crackling or popping sound with enough head motion, that's the flat driver being pressurized and "ballooning" and hitting the magnets/motor frame. We test for this during production, and endeavor to ensure that normal things like talking on the phone or routine head movements won't exhibit this. If even small movements cause an issue by all means contact us and we'll sort you out!

thank you mr.dan for clear things up for me, and yes i do experience quite serious planar crinkles on my ether 2. even if i just look up my head slowly (roughly 15 degrees )while wearing it, it literally feels like two pieces of aluminum foil is crashed besides my ear. I have a pair of afc that never do that. My concern is does the pair of crinkle ether 2(lets call it ether 2 ‘c’) performs differently compare to a normal pair.

Sep 6, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #2,438 of 3,210
I had the same problem you describe. The replacement pair I received has no problems whatsoever and sounds better.

Sep 6, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #2,439 of 3,210
thank you mr.dan for clear things up for me, and yes i do experience quite serious planar crinkles on my ether 2. even if i just look up my head slowly (roughly 15 degrees )while wearing it, it literally feels like two pieces of aluminum foil is crashed besides my ear. I have a pair of afc that never do that. My concern is does the pair of crinkle ether 2(lets call it ether 2 ‘c’) performs differently compare to a normal pair.

As I said, it sounds like you have an issue, so either contact your reseller or our support form on our website... We'll take care of it!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 8, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #2,441 of 3,210
update: got the replacement pair from the distributor hour ago, tried some song that was underperformed with the old pair. Still have a bit of crinkle sound but not nearly bad as the old one. Most importantly The mids no longer feels muffled at all, transparency is the only words left while i put it on. with the old pair all i want to do is tune up the volume trying to retrieve the detail that is somewhat lost. But with the new pair, Out of box it just perform any music with ease. Half of the original volume is sufficient, no longer feels underpowered by dac10h. What can i say, it just bring the music to your sensation with grace. Might not be as detailed as Hekse, but the presentation is just so right. Thank you mrspeaker, that’s my endgame for now. And thank everyone who replied and provide me with information to help me build a stronger case against the distributor. Which get me the replacement pair that is manufactured in April.

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #2,442 of 3,210
That's the same experience I had. My defective pair sounded muffled, to the point that I preferred the original Ether I had. Now I can't listen to the Ether anymore, too strident, not enough detail.

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,443 of 3,210

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #2,445 of 3,210
anyone pairing ether2 with hugott2? how is the xlr outputs drives ether2?

Great pairing, I had the TT2 for several months. You don't need the balanced outs with the Ether 2, they got way louder than I needed not even close to full from the single ended outs. I used the XLR outs for my Abyss headphones, which really did need the extra power compared to the Ether 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back