ETHER 2: Impressions and Discussion
Oct 7, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #136 of 3,210
The Utopia has a promo now and you csn get it for 3K with a “free” q2prc(?) worth 1.2k.

So prices on the 2K range are competitive

Oct 7, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #137 of 3,210
Used prices are a meaningless comparison.
Not really. It’s what can I get for $2000 today. To me whether used or new, it’s part of the competition and what my money can afford. I can get a used Utopia near $2000 or a new Ether2. Money is money in the end and if it’s the same price it should be comparable.

Oct 7, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #138 of 3,210
If they do they are in violation of the law. Returns have to be sold as B stock, open box, demo, etc. If you know of a company not following this, report them.

lol. you still believe the law works at the corporate level, cute.

Oct 7, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #139 of 3,210
Not really. It’s what can I get for $2000 today. To me whether used or new, it’s part of the competition and what my money can afford. I can get a used Utopia near $2000 or a new Ether2. Money is money in the end and if it’s the same price it should be comparable.

Thats if you like 4000$ headphones without warranty. I would never buy such an expensive item used without warranty. NOPE

Oct 7, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #143 of 3,210
Can we please not discuss Utopia deals and warranties in the ETHER 2 thread...

Hopefully we can read impressions soon. :)

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #145 of 3,210
How would you rate the Diana? I’ve heard the soundstage is not that impresssive.
Not the right guy to ask, never been soundstage person- but tonality is amazing- if you want more info, recommend checking the Diana Thread- but when Matt discussed the Ether2 it was like he was describing the Diana to me.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #147 of 3,210
Need more impressions! Rmaf is over, what’s the verdict?! Are these winners?
Yes. Everyone who I heard talking about them, loved them. Ether 2 is Ether Flow evolved: more resolving, lighter, more comfortable, better looking (including the case, which is now black).

It is impossible to give a full fledged review of them without spending more time in a quieter, more familiar environment, with more familiar sources and gear, but everything so far indicates that these are a winner.

How much better than the Ether Flow 1.0 they are, or the very fresh 1.1, is another question that requires more time to fully answer.

Edit 1: the new Vivo cable feels very nice and is thicker, and to me sounded more resolving than the stock DUM cable. However, I don't like the outer shape of the splitter guard (or whatever it's called), it is very chunky and can easily get caught on a desk edge (from below the desk).

Edit 2: while I have limited use for open cans at the moment, I clearly need to update to a phone with a better camera...

P_20181005_122627_vHDR_On.jpg P_20181005_122643_vHDR_On_1.jpg P_20181005_122900_vHDR_On_1.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #149 of 3,210
Yes. Everyone who I heard talking about them, loved them. Ether 2 is Ether Flow evolved: more resolving, lighter, more comfortable, better looking (including the case, which is now black).

It is impossible to give a full fledged review of them without spending more time in a quieter, more familiar environment, with more familiar sources and gear, but everything so far indicates that these are a winner.

How much better than the Ether Flow 1.0 they are, or the very fresh 1.1, is another question that requires more time to fully answer.

Edit 1: the new Vivo cable feels very nice and is thicker, and to me sounded more resolving than the stock DUM cable. However, I don't like the outer shape of the splitter guard (or whatever it's called), it is very chunky and can easily get caught on a desk edge (from below the desk).

Edit 2: while I have limited use for open cans at the moment, I clearly need to update to a phone with a better camera...

Im definitely looking forward on your view on the vivo cables vs the lavri cables. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back