ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Nov 6, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #691 of 1,237

How was the fit/comfort?   Are the cups big enough so that they don't sit on your ears?  Are they heavy like an LCD or light like an Ether? 

I've not had the pleasure of auditioning the Ether yet but the Dharma was lighter and much more comfortable than the LCD 3s. Comfort is not an issue with the Dharma in the least.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #693 of 1,237
I've not had the pleasure of auditioning the Ether yet but the Dharma was lighter and much more comfortable than the LCD 3s. Comfort is not an issue with the Dharma in the least.

Steve Guttenberg told me that he felt the Dharma can easily hold it's own against the LCD-X...how do agree with this? Or perhaps you haven't heard the X but the LCD-3s? Or are the Dharmas a step below/above?

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #694 of 1,237
  Guess because EU logic -> 1199$ = 1199Euro + 400Euros VAT... Should have been 1499Euros at worst though...
Still, let's wait if there is not a cheaper option, otherwise it would probably be cheaper to import from overseas 
redface.gif

Does the USA price include sales tax? (Like our VAT)
A reason I try to import from USA-no real reason to have a Dollar= Euro/Pound, especially as it's not an electronic item.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #696 of 1,237
Does the USA price include sales tax? (Like our VAT)
A reason I try to import from USA-no real reason to have a Dollar= Euro/Pound, especially as it's not an electronic item.
no, price in us doesn't include tax, tax is always extra for same state purchase.
For out of state, as you, it is tax free, but you need to pay import tax of your country that might incur.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #697 of 1,237

How was the fit/comfort?   Are the cups big enough so that they don't sit on your ears?  Are they heavy like an LCD or light like an Ether? 

Comfort is very good.  Cup opening is plenty large and deep enough so nothing touches my ears.  Weight is 380 grams plus cable.  Did not feel heavy to me - seemed lighter than my HE-400 and with the suspension headband I went over two hours without the need to "tweak" the fit (that feeling you get when you have to slightly adjust the headphone). 

Anyone know if Todd got his shipment in today? Reading NoKnotsense's feedback has me drooling uncontrollably

They are due in MONDAY................their shipping guy contacted me yesterday about what address I want it shipped to when they ship MONDAY...............

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #698 of 1,237
I haven't tried the LCD X yet, but I preferred the Dharma over the LCD 3s by a great margin. I own the TH900 and my brother owns the HD 800 which I borrow quite often. The headphones I auditioned yesterday included the LCD 3s, HE 1000s, and of course the Dharma. If I had to rank which headphones from the aforementioned list were the best sounding in my opinion it would be as follows:

1) Dharma

2) HE 1000

3) TH900

4) LCD 3

5) HD 800

Hopefully that will put things in better perspective for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #702 of 1,237
Oregonian,  very curious about where you would place your well driven HE-6 in terms of ranking relative to Dharma, above/below/on par?  Because the HE-6 as driven with your amps does so little wrong, I will be surprise if the Dharma can walk over it with the exception of the 6Khz area being a little more than I like (stock, non-fuzzor mod units).

No KNOTsense, your ranking of the Dharma above the TOTL cans compared is very admirable and generate high interest for me on pulling the trigger!  Do you feel that the Dharma is more in line of the TH900 or HD800?  

Based on this thread, the production Dharma does exceptionally well on both lows and highs, with a sweet midrange.  So it may appear that the Dharma integrates all the desired traits of the HE-1000 mids/bass, sub-bass of TH900, and the surgical traits along with soundstage of the HD800.  Good assessment?

Very interesting indeed!  This is like a do it all cans for us audiophiles at a very attractive price without skipping mortgage payment(s) unlike the new LCD-4 and HE-1000.

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #703 of 1,237
I haven't tried the LCD X yet, but I preferred the Dharma over the LCD 3s by a great margin. I own the TH900 and my brother owns the HD 800 which I borrow quite often. The headphones I auditioned yesterday included the LCD 3s, HE 1000s, and of course the Dharma. If I had to rank which headphones from the aforementioned list were the best sounding in my opinion it would be as follows:

1) Dharma

2) HE 1000

3) TH900

4) LCD 3

5) HD 800

Hopefully that will put things in better perspective for you. :)

Now thats a claim!
Looking forward to comparisons finally coming in :D

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #704 of 1,237
Nov 7, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #705 of 1,237

They are due in MONDAY................their shipping guy contacted me yesterday about what address I want it shipped to when they ship MONDAY...............

Thanks man, much appreciated...almost time!!!

1) Dharma

2) HE 1000

3) TH900

4) LCD 3

5) HD 800

Hopefully that will put things in better perspective for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, that's high praise indeed!! That's some pretty tough - and pricey! - competition there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back