ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Nov 8, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #707 of 1,237
  Oregonian,  very curious about where you would place your well driven HE-6 in terms of ranking relative to Dharma, above/below/on par?  Because the HE-6 as driven with your amps does so little wrong, I will be surprise if the Dharma can walk over it with the exception of the 6Khz area being a little more than I like (stock, non-fuzzor mod units).

No KNOTsense, your ranking of the Dharma above the TOTL cans compared is very admirable and generate high interest for me on pulling the trigger!  Do you feel that the Dharma is more in line of the TH900 or HD800?  

Based on this thread, the production Dharma does exceptionally well on both lows and highs, with a sweet midrange.  So it may appear that the Dharma integrates all the desired traits of the HE-1000 mids/bass, sub-bass of TH900, and the surgical traits along with soundstage of the HD800.  Good assessment?

Very interesting indeed!  This is like a do it all cans for us audiophiles at a very attractive price without skipping mortgage payment(s) unlike the new LCD-4 and HE-1000.

Since I don't have the HE-6 any longer I'm going off memory so keep that in mind.  I think the Dharma is very very close to the HE-6 fed off vintage speaker tap power - and it has better highs without a doubt.  I'm astounded how good the treble is and I'm no treblehead.  Basshead...........yes. Anyway, when factoring in the comfort improvement over the HE-6 (weight-wise) I think it's been a good journey getting here to Dharma as my likely end game.

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #708 of 1,237
@Oregonian how does the sound-stage and imaging compare to your HD800? How about tonality and weight (richness of tone, etc.)?

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #709 of 1,237
  Since I don't have the HE-6 any longer I'm going off memory so keep that in mind.  I think the Dharma is very very close to the HE-6 fed off vintage speaker tap power - and it has better highs without a doubt.  I'm astounded how good the treble is and I'm no treblehead.  Basshead...........yes. Anyway, when factoring in the comfort improvement over the HE-6 (weight-wise) I think it's been a good journey getting here to Dharma as my likely end game.

That is definitely high praise for the Dharma, and thank you for that response.  Btw, you know this never happens - "end game" :D 
Let us know when you get the Dharma with time spent with the usual listening sessions, and thanks again!

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #711 of 1,237
  @Oregonian how does the sound-stage and imaging compare to your HD800? How about tonality and weight (richness of tone, etc.)?

Thanks!

Like to know as well, especially the weight 
popcorn.gif

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #715 of 1,237
i am very curious about the pairing Dharma +Microzotl ....
popcorn.gif

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #717 of 1,237

I go back and forth between Dharma + Microzotl or Stax SR-L700 + 353X. 

Price is so close it's just not an issue.  

If these contenders are equals.... it is better the Microzotl+Dharma.... more easy if you have other headphones 
smile.gif

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #720 of 1,237

My thinking as well.   OTOH I've had HD800's for five years - love them.   So maybe I want something really different from those.   And that would be Stax.  

yes i understand your perspective...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back