ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Nov 9, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #721 of 1,237
I know not many have heard these, but based on specs would anyone take a guess whether a Schiit Lyr2 and Bifrost Multibit would be a bad combo for the Dharmas?

I am new to headphones and trying to decide between these, LCD2, HE560, and a couple others, but leaning towards these as I like how efficient they are and the semi closed design.  I bought a Lyr2 with some upgraded tubes because I read this was a good all purpose amp, but if it is not a match for these headphones I could sell it and pick up another amp.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #722 of 1,237
I know not many have heard these, but based on specs would anyone take a guess whether a Schiit Lyr2 and Bifrost Multibit would be a bad combo for the Dharmas?

I am new to headphones and trying to decide between these, LCD2, HE560, and a couple others, but leaning towards these as I like how efficient they are and the semi closed design.  I bought a Lyr2 with some upgraded tubes because I read this was a good all purpose amp, but if it is not a match for these headphones I could sell it and pick up another amp.

I haven't heard the Dharma yet, but I can tell you that the Lyr 2 is a fantastic combination with the HE560. Plus, tube rolling is a blast, there is a great thread on the subject, Teslas, the "Holy Grail" 74 Voskhods, and more.

My first serious amp was the Lyr 2, and the HE560 those headphones. I absolutely loved them!!!!

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #723 of 1,237

I would get the phones and you should judge if you like the sound or not. Everyone's perception of what they hear is different. What appeals to one, may not to another. That's what makes us unique as individuals. If you don't like the combo you can always get something else. Experimenting is always fun in this hobby. Downside is can get a little expensive. Good luck

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #724 of 1,237
I heard the Dharma at the San Diego Head-fi meet and shared some brief impressions there. It feels like it should really cost more than $1200, an incredible engineering accomplishment.

I noticed it has angled drivers and similar luxurious driver covers like the HD800 as well as a ample room in the earcups.

It has amazing imaging and encircles your ears like the HD800 but the electrostat super tweeter sounds like it has an edge over the HD800 for the top end. It sounded incredibly resolving out of the Questyle CMA800i that they had at their demo booth. I wish I could have a longer demo of this can because now it is making me question my future decisions and choices for a flagship headphone.

I would have done a more in depth comparison at the San Diego meet because we had just about every flagship there including SR009 and HD800 anax mod but we were having too much fun playing with DACs and BH Crack setups.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #725 of 1,237
After much looking, this may be the the very headphone I buy. I had emailed drew over at Moon Audio with my preferred genres and several examples of groups I really like and he recommended a Grado as the lower priced choice, then the Dharma, then the HE-1000. The HE-1000 is more than I want to spend and the Dharma just seems so perfect for me.

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #727 of 1,237
You won't be disappointed. This headphone will probably be the one that will satisfy the most users with different tastes. 

It does so many things right. 
smile.gif
 I think we will need a Dharma emoticon by year's end.

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #728 of 1,237
  You won't be disappointed. This headphone will probably be the one that will satisfy the most users with different tastes. 

It does so many things right. 
smile.gif
 I think we will need a Dharma emoticon by year's end.

I hope so. More sales mean (assuming they aren't TOO good) more for sale used eventually (I thought $600 for the EL-8 was high lol). Hopefully I can grab a pair some day. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #729 of 1,237
is the DHARMA available now in Europe ??  Can't find if available online  in European shops !

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #731 of 1,237
  If there is "black friday" deal for this, i will get one for sure.

Seeing how they are just now hitting the market, I doubt you'll get any deal this year but I guess ya never know. 

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #732 of 1,237

Users who are viewing this thread

Back