Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 30, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #40,366 of 40,582
20240331_063123.jpg

I have this new cable arrived couples of days ago, the Plussound Silver+ has done amazing things to Raven sound. With burn in Raven bass response and overall sound will improve, but still doesn't suit my taste for my music library, the overall sound with stock cable still a bit too warm and thick, the treble needs a bit more air.

The Plussound Silver+ give me exactly what I want with Raven and more, the staging expand in all directions, imaging also improve. I no longer tips rolling anymore I am back using stock tips with my usual size. I know cables effect on the sound of IEM is debatable but I think Silver+ effect on Raven sound is the most noticeable from my personal experiences with Cables & IEM pair up.
The matte gray looks killer with the all black Raven too.

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #40,368 of 40,582
The matte gray looks killer with the all black Raven too.
oooo maybe i will try the silver+ on the ravens next, all i know was the hybrid+ disappointingly did nothing for the raven, even though it was very good for the canpur622b and even helped with the soundstage of the odins

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #40,369 of 40,582
20240331_063123.jpg

I have this new cable arrived couples of days ago, the Plussound Silver+ has done amazing things to Raven sound. With burn in Raven bass response and overall sound will improve, but still doesn't suit my taste for my music library, the overall sound with stock cable still a bit too warm and thick, the treble needs a bit more air.

The Plussound Silver+ give me exactly what I want with Raven and more, the staging expand in all directions, imaging also improve. I no longer tips rolling anymore I am back using stock tips with my usual size. I know cables effect on the sound of IEM is debatable but I think Silver+ effect on Raven sound is the most noticeable from my personal experiences with Cables & IEM pair up.
You need to try the hybrid+ if you get a chance!

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #40,370 of 40,582
Already wrote my opinion on how pure silver litz really opens the entire frequency range up on Raven. Especially extends highs and sub-lows, and really clears up lower midrange.

I originally wrote my opinion based on DHC 8-wire silver litz. But I also just received a Lavricables Grand Silver pure silver litz, as I wanted a 4.4 jack and 2-pin flush mount connectors for Raven. This cable was around $600, and man they make and ship super fast. It only took a week or so from order to receiving it in the US, and that's including 150 hour burn-in service. And it sounds every bit as good as the DHC cable, without the long, unknown wait time for DHC. Highly recommended if you want a pure silver cable that's as good as any pure silver out there, for a not over blown price and super fast manufacture and ship time.

Also, I might recommend the Baltic Grey sleeve, as it's apparently still transparent, but has a greyish tint to it that would match Raven well. I ordered transparent as I didn't know their Baltic Grey was also transparent but just tinted slightly. When I finally realized the difference, I tried to change my order the next day, but they make 'em so fast they had already made the cable and had it on burn-in, so I couldn't change it. If I had another made, I'd definitely get the Baltic Grey, as it's got a cool darker tint that would match Raven pretty well I think.

YMMV

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #40,371 of 40,582
" I know cables effect on the sound of IEM is debatable"

Not on THIS thread. :)
EDwv04DU0AMmFfS.jpg

The only upgrade cable for me 🤣

Mar 31, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #40,372 of 40,582

Have you thought about changing the tips first instead of using a new cable straight away? The Type-E have never worked anywhere, for the reasons you mentioned.

AZLA or even better AET07 and I can very well imagine Raven loses the chains of darkness and flies into the light.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #40,373 of 40,582
Have you thought about changing the tips first instead of using a new cable straight away? The Type-E have never worked anywhere, for the reasons you mentioned.

AZLA or even better AET07 and I can very well imagine Raven loses the chains of darkness and flies into the light.
When I first got Raven I tried lots of ear tips as I have stated on this thread a month ago. You can fine tuning Raven sound with different ear tips but Plussound Silver+ will improve it further.

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #40,375 of 40,582
I also switched the cable first for ergonomic reason, stock cable couldn't achieve long term fit with any of my tips. Currently I'm using a Eros 1, will try E12 stock later. Perhaps my Trisilver too, but it became very stiff and I can't use it much.

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #40,376 of 40,582
I appreciate all of the recommendations. I have kept the stock Raven cable but that isn't strange for me, I may soon experiment. I don't think I have any big $$$ cables so I am not sure I would be upgrading. I do have a couple of cheaper hybrid cables and an Eros S 1st Anniversary cable, but I only notice slight differences in the mid-range with Eros. I will check in storage, I may have a couple of hidden jewels stashed.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #40,377 of 40,582
Hi everyone, I tried 2 low cost cables, one sounded worse than the original and the other a Kbear st16 with Occ silver plated core it has no difference with the original it's just much softer for only 30 euros.. I'm still very reluctant and doubtful that there really is a big change in the sound with expensive cables... I'd like to try it but I don't have the option other than buying it but without the possibility of returning it...
I continue to hear it as an open IEM and not at all dark, in fact it has a touch of brightness in the upper mids which can be an advantage with some songs but less so with others...
For now I have found myself much better with non-original tips such as Velvet Divinus, Pentaconn Coreir and Dunu S&S

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #40,379 of 40,582
Cables can give 5-15% change. Not always for the better. But you usually have to "listen" carefully to your music to appreciate the changes.
In fact, too little...it's too much of a leap in the dark to spend this kind of money...I think I'll continue to use original or low-cost cables...I'll spend that money on something else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back