Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 27, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #39,542 of 40,566
I had UPS leave a $3500 AK SP1000 on my doorstep even though it was an "on signature" delivery. I had to get a sub and race home to get it. Middle of the day!
First world problems I’ll tell ya 😮‍💨😂

Nov 28, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #39,544 of 40,566
I trust this message finds you all well. Please find below some crucial updates regarding the RAVEN:

RAVEN Launch Edition – Mirror Gold:

I've been steadfastly present at the CNC, polishing, and coating facilities, personally overseeing the final touches to ensure our mirror gold faceplates adhere to the exemplary standard that was initially presented. Despite the diligence, we've encountered a series of setbacks, with an unexpectedly high failure rate due to visible polishing imperfections and cosmetic flaws, such as those evidenced in the photo below. After much deliberation and effort to rectify these issues, we've mutually decided to part ways with the current vendor.

Failed Mirror Gold.jpg

Around 140 unit of the launch editions will have the mirror gold finish. The remainder will be finished in the new Satin Gold.

RAVEN Launch Edition – Satin Gold:

Satin Gold.jpg

The remaining launch edition units will feature a satin gold finish, achieved through a meticulous process of ball blasting, electroplating, and ceramic coating, finalized with an anti-fingerprint layer. This alternative approach significantly reduces the failure rate and allows for a swifter production cycle. Though the finish differs from the original mirror polish, it remains a premium offering.

I understand this update may come as a surprise, and I ask for your understanding. Adopting this new finish is a crucial decision made to maintain the high standards of quality you expect from us and to expedite delivery amidst the challenges we've faced. I appreciate your patience and support as we work tirelessly to bring you a product that not only meets but exceeds expectations without further delay.

The remainder of the launch editions is estimated to be completed by the end of the month.

RAVEN Standard Edition – Satin Black:
Satin Black.jpg

Similar to the matte gold, the standard edition will sport a satin black finish, offering a sleek and modern aesthetic.

Standard Editions are set to ship by the second week of December.

Satin Gold vs Black.jpg

Nov 28, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #39,545 of 40,566
I trust this message finds you all well. Please find below some crucial updates regarding the RAVEN:

I've been steadfastly present at the CNC, polishing, and coating facilities, personally overseeing the final touches to ensure our mirror gold faceplates adhere to the exemplary standard that was initially presented. Despite the diligence, we've encountered a series of setbacks, with an unexpectedly high failure rate due to visible polishing imperfections and cosmetic flaws, such as those evidenced in the photo below. After much deliberation and effort to rectify these issues, we've mutually decided to part ways with the current vendor.

Failed Mirror Gold.jpg

Around 140 unit of the launch editions will have the mirror gold finish. The remainder will be finished in the new Satin Gold.

Satin Gold.jpg

The remaining launch edition units will feature a satin gold finish, achieved through a meticulous process of ball blasting, electroplating, and ceramic coating, finalized with an anti-fingerprint layer. This alternative approach significantly reduces the failure rate and allows for a swifter production cycle. Though the finish differs from the original mirror polish, it remains a premium offering.

I understand this update may come as a surprise, and I ask for your understanding. Adopting this new finish is a crucial decision made to maintain the high standards of quality you expect from us and to expedite delivery amidst the challenges we've faced. I appreciate your patience and support as we work tirelessly to bring you a product that not only meets but exceeds expectations without further delay.

The remainder of the launch editions is estimated to be completed by the end of the month.

Satin Black.jpg

Similar to the matte gold, the standard edition will sport a satin black finish, offering a sleek and modern aesthetic.

Satin Gold vs Black.jpg
Honestly the satin black looks a million times better.

Nov 28, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #39,546 of 40,566

Failed Mirror Gold.jpg

Satin Gold.jpg

Satin Black.jpg

Satin Gold vs Black.jpg
That looks better than the original IMHO. Classy, less gaudy, and obviously far less OCD-inducing being fingerprint resistant. Great decision!

Nov 28, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #39,548 of 40,566

Failed Mirror Gold.jpg

Satin Gold.jpg

Satin Black.jpg

Satin Gold vs Black.jpg
Gold is gold! Satin or otherwise! Love it!

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #39,549 of 40,566

Failed Mirror Gold.jpg

Satin Gold.jpg

Satin Black.jpg

Satin Gold vs Black.jpg
The universe works in mysterious ways! All the issues you've had with Raven have lead you to this final outcome, which in my opinion looks even better than the original. Congrats.

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #39,550 of 40,566
I prefer the mirror one but I guess variety is good.. :) The logo doesn’t look fully centered on the satin one to me, by the way, but it might be the angle of the pictures taken.

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #39,552 of 40,566
One of the best pairings I’ve found for bass across IEMs and headphones is Shanling EM7 -> Liquid Links Venom 4.4mm cable -> Legend Evo. The EM7 is bright, transparent, and powerful with a mids and treble emphasis.

Previously, I listened to my Legend Evos on a FiiO M17 DAP with an iFi iPower Elite DC power supply in enhanced headphone mode.

Attachments

• IMG_2709.jpeg
    IMG_2709.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #39,553 of 40,566
Satin is better I like it more than the original.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #39,554 of 40,566
Satin black looks too simple to me, I hope it's much better in reality than on the photo. No idea how good it will look with glossy shell either.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #39,555 of 40,566
Hooked by the looks, stay for the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back