Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #39,496 of 40,577
I believe the Zeus lV Massdrop also has a metal shell. I've got one and it definitely sounds a bit different from the "actual" Zeus lV
"For durability, we’ve added a transparent blue ABS plastic shell" metal transparent shell would've been dope though

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #39,498 of 40,577
I agree for most of the part. However, there is one more option out there. Buy Fir Rn6 or Xn6 . Those are tanks
Not saying one sounds better or another. Just pointing fact that FIRs seems to be very robust.
As far as sound , I love them both. For low bass I prefer Raven. For mid bass I prefer Radon

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #39,500 of 40,577
Just a quick check-in re the Omni tips. I've been playing with the different sizes and I wanted to post what my experience has been (yours may vary, of course).

I started out with Mediums in both ears, which seemed reasonable. Found that my left ear wasn't quite sealing as well so I upped that size to Large. Today I noticed that the right ear (still Medium) wasn't sealing as well (I walk with them, and they seem to change a bit with use).

I had purchased the Medium Smalls and the XLarges as well. I might have gone up a size but decided to go down instead. Put the Medium Smalls on both sides and they seat deeper and feel more secure. Sound is also improved- I perceive better bass (deep but not all over the place) and trebles also seem improved, with more extension. I think the IEMs (at least with my Odins) are happier with the deeper seating. And they don't feel like they are moving around at all when I walk.

Just my opinion, of course.

Nov 13, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #39,501 of 40,577
Can anyone w practical experience recommend a dongle not full sized dac w good synergy w the legend x/evos? Thx in advance. I used hiby fc6 w my iphone/tidal but not fully impressed.
Questyle M15 was quite good.

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #39,502 of 40,577
How did you explode the bird if you don’t mind me asking
50cm swing which touched the floor. I was wearing the iem over my neck. At the opposite, my UM Indigo fell while running, full height and no damage.

Nov 13, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #39,503 of 40,577
Nov 13, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #39,504 of 40,577
Questyle M15 was quite good.
I can’t compare to the Questyle, but the L&P W2 has been excellent with recent low OI EE iems, including the Legend EVO. Unlike the newer W4, which I have not heard but for some reason has a much higher impedance leading to some complaints about its performance with low OI IEMs, the W2 has a very low impedance and sounded great with the EVO. I preferred it to the Lootoo paw s2 and cayin RU-6, which I also have, though those also performed well with the EVO, so your ymmv depending on your preferences. I liked the w2 because it has great drive, clean bass, and is clear and detailed, whereas the ru-6 to my ears is a bit softer around the edges—not quite as detailed. The paw s2 sounds great too—but feel the w2 edges it on technicalities, which I preferred with the evo. Can’t speak to how any of them sound with legend-x

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #39,505 of 40,577
I can’t compare to the Questyle, but the L&P W2 has been excellent with recent low OI EE iems, including the Legend EVO. Unlike the newer W4, which I have not heard but for some reason has a much higher impedance leading to some complaints about its performance with low OI IEMs, the W2 has a very low impedance and sounded great with the EVO. I preferred it to the Lootoo paw s2 and cayin RU-6, which I also have, though those also performed well with the EVO, so your ymmv depending on your preferences. I liked the w2 because it has great drive, clean bass, and is clear and detailed, whereas the ru-6 to my ears is a bit softer around the edges—not quite as detailed. The paw s2 sounds great too—but feel the w2 edges it on technicalities, which I preferred with the evo. Can’t speak to how any of them sound with legend-x
Paw S2 works very well with the LX. It tightens up the bass and brings out a bit more treble detail without glare.

Nov 14, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #39,506 of 40,577
I found a couple of outside sources regarding the Questyle M15 dongle. I have no skin in their game either, just pointing it out.

M15
M15

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #39,508 of 40,577
I still have my Zeus XR and it's gotta be 6+ years old. If you want bulletproof IEMs, buy an 846 or such that sounds like crap (my personal opinion). Or get yourself Apple ear buds that seem to be unbreakable.

According to what Jack wrote, just a very mild change in the shell and insides made for a difference in sound.

I carried cameras around for 30 years with lots of glass lenses and a whole lot of little parts and never busted one. Being careful with our toys keeps them working.

If you are blind, it just means that you have to be more careful, but that is really on you. I'm not trying to be mean, but that is the reality.

I'm always amazed at people who buy $3K IEMs ands sleep with them in their ears. That is NOT being careful with them.

Zeus checking in, just entered the rotation for the next little bit.

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #39,509 of 40,577
Zeus checking in, just entered the rotation for the next little bit.

reporting also for duty

Zeus XR user for the last 6+ years , great ciem for that old school early 00s prog house (when the genre was cooking , before turning into that electro techno bland sh.it)

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #39,510 of 40,577

legends.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back