Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 9, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #39,467 of 40,629
With respect to the bass revisions, the changes are nuanced, originating from the structural enhancements we've incorporated. There are no electronic alterations internally—nothing that would show up in specifications or graphs. However, during our critical listening tests, we've experienced a slightly deeper bass presence with more resolution and layering.
just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #39,468 of 40,629
Well I was going to hold on to my launch edition Ravens but when I saw the post about improved bass they are on their way back as I eagerly await the revised version. They were my favorite IEMs to date. I just thought a bit more bass would be welcomed but they EQ incredibly well.

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #39,469 of 40,629
Well I was going to hold on to my launch edition Ravens but when I saw the post about improved bass they are on their way back as I eagerly await the revised version. They were my favorite IEMs to date. I just thought a bit more bass would be welcomed but they EQ incredibly well.
I’m also excited to get my hands on a new revised version. Seems like everybody with lunch addition units should swap. If it were only 2 pin connection point upgrade it’s one thing. Considering sound enchantment and all other upgrades, it makes no sense keeping original version.

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #39,470 of 40,629
I’m also excited to get my hands on a new revised version. Seems like everybody with lunch addition units should swap. If it were only 2 pin connection point upgrade it’s one thing. Considering sound enchantment and all other upgrades, it makes no sense keeping original version.
Exactly. That was my thought since I don’t cable swap. But the new lacquer and faceplates as well made this a no brainer for me to swap. At least I had the pleasure to use these for a few weeks.

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #39,471 of 40,629
The Zeus (XIV... XRA) weren't "bass light" at all, yes 😉

They were "medium high", not the same thing 😜
They weren't bass heavy. If the track has a lot of bass, they had bass. If not, then clear bass presence but no giant thump. Reference tuning, with a good mid range and lots of upper end. For people who want a lot of bass they weren't the cup of tea they were looking for. For others, they were.

The Odin is like them in the mids, but with more bottom end and a bit less up top. A warmer IEM, still referencey. But by no means bass monsters.

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #39,473 of 40,629
They weren't bass heavy. If the track has a lot of bass, they had bass. If not, then clear bass presence but no giant thump. Reference tuning, with a good mid range and lots of upper end. For people who want a lot of bass they weren't the cup of tea they were looking for. For others, they were.

The Odin is like them in the mids, but with more bottom end and a bit less up top. A warmer IEM, still referencey. But by no means bass monsters.
Completely agreed 👍

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #39,474 of 40,629
If they were available in custom, I'd have given them a serious listen at AXPONA and probably ordered a pair. I'm curious to try out bone conduction, but I doubt the effect will carry through the custom silicone eartips I require to play and audition universals.
I went with Azla Crystal MS and they require a fairly deep fit as far as universals go. They are also pretty large (they're huge let's be real) making the RN6 and LX feel tiny after switching.

The BCD will make the rear fit and interior flush fit important. Those custom silicone ear pieces will create a stand off, and dampening for that aspect of the experience. Will definitely say the full range effect is noticeable over something like the MEST BCD which is only noticeable on particular mid bass/drum hits.

Nov 10, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #39,475 of 40,629

not my preferred tuning , is it more enjoyable than Zeus XR at least ?

I need to audition Odin at some point , but i can not justify buying one as long as my 2 ciems work fine (zeus xr and hidition nt6)

Nov 10, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #39,477 of 40,629
Revisions for Existing RAVEN Owners - For those who've kept their RAVENs and are experiencing no issues, we respect your decision. Yet, should you opt for the updated version, we're extending an opportunity until the year's end for revisions to be made.
As much as I appreciate the company’s effort to improve things, I am horrified about the deadline of 8 weeks given here. Really- I spent 4k on an IEM and I then get a super tight deadline? I am deployed to a really difficult spot and no, I won’t make it in time. Neither I feel that I should be put in such a position. This is all lovely for people sitting in their penthouse, but this is too tight.

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #39,478 of 40,629
As much as I appreciate the company’s effort to improve things, I am horrified about the deadline of 8 weeks given here. Really- I spent 4k on an IEM and I then get a super tight deadline? I am deployed to a really difficult spot and no, I won’t make it in time. Neither I feel that I should be put in such a position. This is all lovely for people sitting in their penthouse, but this is too tight.
8 weeks is difficult timeframe for you to make a decision?

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #39,479 of 40,629
EE extended the warranty to 2 years… if you love what you have, keep it. If it breaks, you get the new shell. Your literally in a win win scenario..

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #39,480 of 40,629

I can’t speak on behalf of EE but I think given your unique situation they’d probably make an exception if you email them and let them know what’s going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back