Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #39,166 of 40,591
I've waited a really long time. I received it today.
I was worried because the hole was very tight.
I was shaken after watching YouTube.
thank god
_DSC8888.jpg
_DSC8891.jpg

_DSC8898.jpg
_DSC8886.jpg
_DSC8884.jpg

Another complaint is that there are a lot of polishing marks left on the plate.
Should I polish it myself?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #39,167 of 40,591
The hole was tight, but I was shaking after watching YouTube. thank god.._DSC8888.jpg_DSC8898.jpg
Another complaint is that there are a lot of polishing marks left on the plate. Should I polish it myself?
If the polishing haze isn’t acceptable to you, contact EE. I wouldn’t advise polishing it unless you really know what you’re doing.

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #39,170 of 40,591
All current Ravens will be reshelled. I got the info from the German distributor who spoke with Jack.
So please stop crying here.
I cannot read the same and the same again.
It will be solved now forever!
Thanks for the great support from Jack!
If that's the case, it would be a commendable decision by EE. I haven't commented in this thread since the issue doesn't directly affect me (doesn't own a Raven). However, consider a car maker instructing you to open and close the door in a certain manner to avoid damage. That would be absurd. Simply expanding the pins wouldn't be a satisfactory solution for me either. Nevertheless, EE choosing to re-shell them might be an expensive route, but it would indeed underscore their dedication to product quality. Hats off EE!

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #39,171 of 40,591
If that's the case, it would be a commendable decision by EE. I haven't commented in this thread since the issue doesn't directly affect me (doesn't own a Raven). However, consider a car maker instructing you to open and close the door in a certain manner to avoid damage. That would be absurd. Simply expanding the pins wouldn't be a satisfactory solution for me either. Nevertheless, EE choosing to re-shell them might be an expensive route, but it would indeed underscore their dedication to product quality. Hats off EE!

This for me depends on if there will be any trade offs to sonic qualities

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #39,172 of 40,591
Nice photo 🤩
Any impression on Raven + N30LE combo? My unit still lost in limbo 😂
In the N30LE thread, I mentioned the Raven is more like the Odin than the EVO. When sub-bass seems to be absent on the Odin, it’s clearly there in the Raven. And yet it doesn’t muddy the resolution or separation. Imaging and soundstage are as expected at this level.

Odin seems like plain vanilla next to the Raven.

But there’s one thing on the Odin that I consider to be superior to the Raven, at least on the N30LE. There is so much more clarity in the vocals on the Odin. In contrast, Raven is much darker.

At the end, there are trade offs and therefore it boils down to preference. It is also good testimony to the Odin how well it stands up to competition, even sibling rivalry.

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #39,173 of 40,591
I've waited a really long time. I received it today.
I was worried because the hole was very tight.
I was shaken after watching YouTube.
thank god
_DSC8888.jpg_DSC8891.jpg
_DSC8898.jpg_DSC8886.jpg_DSC8884.jpg
Another complaint is that there are a lot of polishing marks left on the plate.
Should I polish it myself?
Wow. I congratulate you to this amazing combo AND to your stunning photos! 😱🤯

Are you a photographer by chance?

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #39,174 of 40,591
I remember when Legend X was the most expensive Empire Ears IEM at $2300. Sadly, there are four that are over $3000. Although Raven isn't even on their site now, I still counted it. That is 44% of all their IEMs are now over $3000. By contrast, 64 Audio and JH Audio only have one over $3000.

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #39,175 of 40,591
Wow. I congratulate you to this amazing combo AND to your stunning photos! 😱🤯

Are you a photographer by chance?
I appreciate it.
It's just a hobby😄
Taking landscape photos has simply changed to audio.

Oct 5, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #39,179 of 40,591
Is there anyone here who has both Raven and RS8? RS8 is highly customizable in sound settings, so I was wondering what settings sound good? I’m doing NOS on, Soundfield and Mastermind at E9038p. Sounds magical

Oct 5, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #39,180 of 40,591
20231004_104455.jpg

20231004_140202.jpg

I've been listening to my new Ravens since they landed yesterday. I am very pleased! The raven is like peak empire ears, the bass we know and love, fun/dynamic sound with wow factor, but without compromising on technical aspects. The detail retrieval, instrument separation, and bass-treble extension are all top notch.

Soundstage is immense, as far as IEMS are concerned, trailli and jewel are the only competitors in this regard

Mids have enough space to shine without being shouty.

No physical or sonic fatigue with long listening (I use small tips)

Overall a fantastic IEM. Realizes the dream of technically competent bass prominent IEM, but takes it further than other options in that space (GM, MSE, XE6, RN6, etc...) imo

I can't wait for more people to get their hands on these, there will be a lot of happy ears.

The cable was indeed super tight, but after one swap (stock to other pwaudio cable then back) the pins were already moving a bit easier. The first few swaps though, the wiggle technique is a necessity, not a suggestion. Temporary inconvenience and much preferred to the other end of the spectrum; my Jewel which is too loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back