Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 28, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #38,896 of 40,663
yeah I'm a little split :p
I have funds for 1, and I already have the Rn6 and Trifecta. So no lack in bass.
Another option would be to let go of the Rn6, but I dont know about that yet.

Trifecta will stay in the collection for a long time, that I do know.
Hm well, like I said, Raven is huge on bass, soundstage detail while aura is more About a lush forward mid range that really gets you involved with the vocals and the essence of the music imo ..It’s a tough call lol

Sep 28, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #38,898 of 40,663
Might be the unpopular opinion but… I’m keeping my Traillii over the RN6 and adding Raven. I think that’s the ideal combo. Keeping the cohesiveness and musical Traillii and adding the dynamics and all things that come with Raven give two top quality IEM’s without compromise or overlap.
Not a bad move at all 👍🏼

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #38,899 of 40,663
Might be the unpopular opinion but… I’m keeping my Traillii over the RN6 and adding Raven. I think that’s the ideal combo. Keeping the cohesiveness and musical Traillii and adding the dynamics and all things that come with Raven give two top quality IEM’s without compromise or overlap.
100% agree on the Traillii and Raven combo, which I rock as well. Plus, the Traillii feels so solid that I could step on it (not that I will try that out).

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #38,900 of 40,663
I was at Vision Ears in cologne two days ago.
I made an appointment and asked to audition Aura and X.
They said that X is no problem as it belongs to their core lineup.
For Aura they couldn't promise me anything.
Upon arrival they happily told me that they could get their hands on an Aura but I should be very careful not to scratch it and basically baby it.
I started listening to Aura and VEX (asked for an EXT too since I liked it the last time I heard it but didn't have the DAPs to compare better) through my RS8, N8ii and made comparisons to my Ragnar, Xe6 and Rn6 for like 2 and 1/2 hours.
But as of how VE communicated to me the Aura was still under "NDA" and I am not allowed to say anything about it.
I didn't have to sign anything, but out of respect to VE I will keep my word.
It's very interesting though how subjective our hearing is nonetheless, upon reading your impressions about the Aura.

IMG_5792.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #38,901 of 40,663
Upon arrival they happily told me that they could get their hands on an Aura but I should be very careful not to scratch it and basically baby it.
I started listening to Aura and VEX (asked for an EXT too since I liked it the last time I heard it but didn't have the DAPs to compare better) through my RS8, N8ii and made comparisons to my Ragnar, Xe6 and Rn6 for like 2 and 1/2 hours.
But as of how VE communicated to me the Aura was still under "NDA" and I am not allowed to say anything about it.
It's very interesting though how subjective our hearing is nonetheless, upon reading your impressions about the Aura.

IMG_5792.jpeg
I mean, I’m sure you can say anything you want about it some of us have them already and are free to say whatever we want. Would be happy to hear your thoughts I like the lineup on the table :) but if it’s out of respect that’s cool 👍🏼 twister has a pretty good review on aura out there now as well

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #38,903 of 40,663

IMG_5792.jpeg
Wrong thread but could u give a small impression of the comparsion between VE X and VE EXT

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #38,905 of 40,663
Wrong thread but could u give a small impression of the comparsion between VE X and VE EXT

Sure but I'm not a fan of small impressions so to help you understand how I listened to these IEMs there has to be some background information.
A short impression/comparison sometimes can deceive probably more, than an explanation with an even playfield for you to understand me.
With that being said, as a disclaimer, I'm not a professional reviewer so take everything what I say with a grain of salt.
My hearing goes up to 15khz. The DAPs were on High Gain, P+ with Tubes for the N8ii and Turbo mode on RS8. Volume level 30-50.
This is my subjective opinion based on what I like and what I do not like.

Low end was superb on the VEX much much more bass (mid bass) than EXT not as clean though or not as controlled.
The mids were perfect, very detailed and not as recessed as on the EXT.
Technicalities in terms of resolution, layering and imaging, soundstage - depth to width, micro and macrodynamics wins the VEX by a bit, approx. 10%.
Now this all sounds so wonderful for the VEX but... the EXT for me was a bright monitor, but certainly not too bright.
VEX is even brighter to me. Treble is way more emphasized. There is air up top, but it still sounded too energetic for me to the point where it got sibilant.
The VEX is a very energetic, bright W shape type of sound, even more than the EXT. Unfortunately the VEX treble is too fatiguing for me.

The bass and mids on the VEX are really excellent and a wonderful treat nonetheless.
Especially the Bass was really rumbly and brain shattering.
If you like hot treble and perfect mids paired with a lot of thumpy bass then the X is a great monitor.

P.S.: The Ragnar is a bright monitor in some tracks and some people say that it's too hot up top but, X and EXT for me is way hotter up top.
But on the contrary, there are some people that say that Ragnars treble is absolutely perfect. I can approve this opinion more and more.
This hobby is just so subjective it's not even funny sometimes.
It's like eating a meal. We could all just do an April fools day and rename this page to Food-Fi and for one day talk about how our food tastes, how much salt and pepper there was in it, how warm or cold, how spicy and so on do comparisons and reviews.
And still some people will always want more of this or more of that.

Long story short... try and audition!
If it's not possible, then yea welcome to this ride my friend of blind buying and hoping some stuff that's written out there is comparable as to how you would perceive "sound".

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #38,907 of 40,663
Sure but I'm not a fan of small impressions so to help you understand how I listened to these IEMs there has to be some background information.
A short impression/comparison sometimes can deceive probably more, than an explanation with an even playfield for you to understand me.
With that being said, as a disclaimer, I'm not a professional reviewer so take everything what I say with a grain of salt.
My hearing goes up to 15khz. The DAPs were on High Gain, P+ with Tubes for the N8ii and Turbo mode on RS8. Volume level 30-50.
This is my subjective opinion based on what I like and what I do not like.

Low end was superb on the VEX much much more bass (mid bass) than EXT not as clean though or not as controlled.
The mids were perfect, very detailed and not as recessed as on the EXT.
Technicalities in terms of resolution, layering and imaging, soundstage - depth to width, micro and macrodynamics wins the VEX by a bit, approx. 10%.
Now this all sounds so wonderful for the VEX but... the EXT for me was a bright monitor, but certainly not too bright.
VEX is even brighter to me. Treble is way more emphasized. There is air up top, but it still sounded too energetic for me to the point where it got sibilant.
The VEX is a very energetic, bright W shape type of sound, even more than the EXT. Unfortunately the VEX treble is too fatiguing for me.

The bass and mids on the VEX are really excellent and a wonderful treat nonetheless.
Especially the Bass was really rumbly and brain shattering.
If you like hot treble and perfect mids paired with a lot of thumpy bass then the X is a great monitor.

P.S.: The Ragnar is a bright monitor in some tracks and some people say that it's too hot up top but, X and EXT for me is way hotter up top.
But on the contrary, there are some people that say that Ragnars treble is absolutely perfect. I can approve this opinion more and more.
This hobby is just so subjective it's not even funny sometimes.
It's like eating a meal. We could all just do an April fools day and rename this page to Food-Fi and for one day talk about how our food tastes, how much salt and pepper there was in it, how warm or cold, how spicy and so on do comparisons and reviews.
And still some people will always want more of this or more of that.

Long story short... try and audition!
If it's not possible, then yea welcome to this ride my friend of blind buying and hoping some stuff that's written out there is comparable as to how you would perceive "sound".
Thank you for your impressions :beerchug:

That's good to hear because I recently bought an EXT and wasn't shure about my decision because of the upcoming VE X. The Treble on the EXT is top notch for me - it never gets exhausting for my ears. That ESTs are superb. My hearing goes also up to 15,5khz so I'm sure treble would be to much for me on the VE X.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #38,910 of 40,663
+2 I'm starting to get a fetish for soundstage.
Anybody had the chance to compare Raven to Grand Maestro?

Or how about Mentor Soundstage vs. Ravens?
That’s tough umm I only tried the mentor handful of times but ravens soundstage definitely was more noticeable to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back