Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 23, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #38,643 of 40,675
I test all the day with all tips I have and
Raven + CP155 is for me the best combination!
Final tip E for more bass but too warm for my taste
SpinFit CP100 is ok but a little lower bass then CP155
SpiralDots is ok a little warmer then CP155
SpiralDots++ kills bass
SpinFit W1 too bright
Coreair kills bass and I get no good seal.
Azla Clear don't get seal
Xelastec strange mids

Sep 23, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #38,644 of 40,675
A little EVO love before the Raven train hits.

IMG_4273.jpeg

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #38,645 of 40,675
Hello all. It's my first post here and Im total noob when it comes to IEMs .
I got my Raven in mail yesterday. First of all, huge thanks to Bloom Audio for outstanding customer service. I have very limited experienced with IEMS. I don't do any serious audiophile listening. Only listening music for fun. Im comparing Raven with Radon and Xenon 6. All 3 sounds really good. My first impression is that Fir Audio is more analog per say while Raven is more technical. One challenge I have is the fit. I never had issue with any other IEMs. For whatever reason I am having hell of a time with Raven , they literally fell of my ears. I can't get them to seal with tips that normally works on all other IEMs. Only one worked so far is cylinder shape comply foam. One thing I noticed is that rad6 started to seem piercing after Raven.Go figure

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #38,646 of 40,675
Awesome customer service from headphones.com who got their shipment on Friday and quickly rushed delivery to me today (Saturday).

However the build quality of these things are pretty poor. I went to unplug the cable from the left side and the housing completely CRACKED and came apart.

Attachments

• IMG_3064.jpeg
    IMG_3064.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3065.jpeg
    IMG_3065.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Sep 23, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #38,647 of 40,675
Awesome customer service from headphones.com who got their shipment on Friday and quickly rushed delivery to me today (Saturday).

However the build quality of these things are pretty poor. I went to unplug the cable from the left side and the housing completely CRACKED and came apart.
Damn. Those walls are entirely too thin. They need to either switch to titanium like UM, or stop trying to stuff these things so full.

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #38,648 of 40,675
Damn. Those walls are entirely too thin. They need to either switch to titanium like UM, or stop trying to stuff these things so full.

I am afraid to pull the cable out of the other side as you can already feel it about to crack as well

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #38,650 of 40,675

I thought the same thing when I opened the package. Despite that gold plate , shell itself doesn't look like expensive product.

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #38,651 of 40,675

Darn, that sucks, but I’m sure that between EE and headphones.com, they will take care of you. Honestly probably a freak thing—those do look like pretty thin shells but I know the thickness of the shells is very much optimized for the bone conduction drivers. I’ve had both evos and odysseys previously, both of which use BC drivers, and while I took care of them, I also occasionally did things like put them in my pocket with my dap and never had a problem. Granted the ravens have more drivers in them, but I’ve never felt that EE shells are poorly made. While all metal shells are certainly more robust than acrylic, think a big reason EE has kept their shells acrylic is because they need to be for their BC drivers.

I’ve got my headphones.com order en route but wish they had done Saturday delivery for me—they arrived at local fedex depot early this morning, but gotta wait until Monday for delivery.

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #38,652 of 40,675
I would leave them be and email headphones.com immediately about the issue, with pictures.

Already did and left @Jack Vang a message here. I've never had ANY issues with my Odin, Evo legend, or Odyssey. Pretty surprised about this.

Sep 23, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #38,653 of 40,675
Already did and left @Jack Vang a message here. I've never had ANY issues with my Odin, Evo legend, or Odyssey. Pretty surprised about this.
Thanks for sharing, and praying for my Raven set also

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #38,654 of 40,675

This is absolutely terrifying 👀💀 I attempted to take out the cable and it was so tight I just gave up I was scared this would happen… I can tell they made the shell thin for the bone conducting, and the sound reflects that and is incredible but.. holy smokes. That is scary. I hope Jack covers this if it happens to any ravens here on out 🙏🏼

Sep 23, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #38,655 of 40,675
This is absolutely terrifying 👀💀 I attempted to take out the cable and it was so tight I just gave up I was scared this would happen… I can tell they made the shell thin for the bone conducting, and the sound reflects that and is incredible but.. holy smokes. That is scary. I hope Jack covers this if it happens to any ravens here on out 🙏🏼
They’ll do the right thing, Jack’s not an asshole he just makes silly engineering decisions sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back