Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 24, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #38,671 of 40,731
Raven just ain’t for you bud thats fine.. my experience is extremely positive with raven having the most lively musical presence I’ve ever experienced through an iem I do love my annihilator /xe6 /Sony m9 and previously owned Odin /phoenix/ fatfreq maestro / Elysian Gaea/um Mest2 but the raven is really proving itself as a possible new champ in the ability to make me get up and dance 😁🎶
I still hope that maybe it’s just my unit.

Sep 24, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #38,672 of 40,731
I still hope that maybe it’s just my unit.
I’m sure empire ears will replace your unit free of charge and you can find out yourself. As of now my unit is working and sounding like a dream

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #38,674 of 40,731
I had access to some revisions as they worked through raven and dealt with an even weaker, non-coated shell. I cable rolled without any issues. I suspect some sort of angular force is being applied. The socket was a bit tighter but straight up and down is the key, as with many other 2-pin setups.

Sep 24, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #38,675 of 40,731
I had access to some revisions as they worked through raven and dealt with an even weaker, non-coated shell. I cable rolled without any issues. I suspect some sort of angular force is being applied. The socket was a bit tighter but straight up and down is the key, as with many other 2-pin setups.
Trust me. It was pulling up and with medium force as I’ve had so many 2pin IEM.

Sep 24, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #38,676 of 40,731
Trust me. It was pulling up and with medium force as I’ve had so many 2pin IEM.
Oh no, I’m not saying you were at fault for your instance. Yours looks like a flawed unit. God knows what can happen with these materials as they are molded or manipulated. I meant in terms of EE 2-pin issues in general. I was just saying I would suspect most Ravens are fine since I dealt with weaker variants throughout development.

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #38,677 of 40,731
(…) I would suspect most Ravens are fine since I dealt with weaker variants throughout development.
I really hope so. Somehow, my Raven mood changed from keen anticipation to worry since … I do buy IEMs / headphone for the long-term. It doesn’t always work out, sure, but overall I intend to keep items a long time and longevity is an important factor.

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #38,678 of 40,731
I really hope so. Somehow, my Raven mood changed from keen anticipation to worry since … I do buy IEMs / headphone for the long-term. It doesn’t always work out, sure, but overall I intend to keep items a long time and longevity is an important factor.
It sure is a cause for concern. Ignore the fanbois trying to defend EE and saying it’s a faulty unit.
To me it looks like the shell is quite fragile. Fact is maintaining this thing long term is going to be a nightmare, let alone carrying it in a pocket. I can imagine the shell cracking in my pocket when force is applied.

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #38,679 of 40,731
It sure is a cause for concern. Ignore the fanbois trying to defend EE and saying it’s a faulty unit.
To me it looks like the shell is quite fragile. Fact is maintaining this thing long term is going to be a nightmare, let alone carrying it in a pocket. I can imagine the shell cracking in my pocket when force is applied.
I mean, do you really stick $4000 IEMs in your pocket and just go about your day without being conscious that they’re there? I absolutely baby my expensive audio gear so I have no worries. If that’s the case however then maybe a metal shelled IEM is the way to go. I’m not defending the use of acrylic at this price but it is pretty common… I’d much rather have a Solaris stellar horizon type build but unfortunately, stellar horizon doesn’t have Raven sound quality. From my use of Raven so far it seems as sturdy as their other IEMs… I didn’t try to remove the cable however

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #38,680 of 40,731
I’m like this too. I tend to buy things for the longer term and buying an IEM of this value is a big purchase decision. I’m still very interested in the Raven having heard it at Canjam, but I might wait and see how this plays out.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #38,682 of 40,731
Hm, the fact that it is super expensive should not mean that I need to pay more attention to the IEM’s condition. More the opposite, it should mean that no expense is spared by the manufacturer to make it super safe and super durable.
I never said it did, I said I DO. I was asking a question. I can appreciate people have difference perspectives on this but I tend to want to keep new expensive things as safe and in as new condition as possible… again, you may think otherwise.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #38,683 of 40,731
I mean, do you really stick $4000 IEMs in your pocket and just go about your day without being conscious that they’re there? I absolutely baby my expensive audio gear so I have no worries. If that’s the case however then maybe a metal shelled IEM is the way to go. I’m not defending the use of acrylic at this price but it is pretty common… I’d much rather have a Solaris stellar horizon type build but unfortunately, stellar horizon doesn’t have Raven sound quality. From my use of Raven so far it seems as sturdy as their other IEMs… I didn’t try to remove the cable however
Fanboys trying to defend EE 😂 relax there bud some of you guys are up in a tizzy over one unit out of hundreds and empire ears gladly replaces it If anything is wrong, they made the shell thin for the bone conductor to work to its full potential, and to be lighter since it’s a very large Iem now it’s up to you to be responsible, and not manhandle it lol now instead of squeezing onto your wallet and hanging onto an excuse not to get it. Why don’t you show a little respect to the engineering and incredible sound quality and let people enjoy their gear that they spent their hard earned money on 👍🏼

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #38,684 of 40,731
Fanboys trying to defend EE 😂 relax there bud some of you guys are up in a tizzy over one unit out of hundreds and empire ears gladly replaces it If anything is wrong, they made the shell thin for the bone conductor to work to its full potential, and to be lighter since it’s a very large Iem now it’s up to you to be responsible, and not manhandle it lol now instead of squeezing onto your wallet and hanging onto an excuse not to get it. Why don’t you show a little respect to the engineering and incredible sound quality and let people enjoy their gear that they spent their hard earned money on 👍🏼
image.jpg

UPDATE!! I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID, I WENT TO TAKE OUT THE CONNECTOR TO PROVE A POINT, AND IT INSTANTLY BROKE…😅 yeah, I do not get this

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #38,685 of 40,731
image.jpg
UPDATE!! I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID, I WENT TO TAKE OUT THE CONNECTOR TO PROVE A POINT, AND IT INSTANTLY BROKE…😅 yeah, I do not get this
Yikes!!!

Also look how thin the shell walls are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back