Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 25, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #38,686 of 40,731
Oh boy

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #38,687 of 40,731

UPDATE!! I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID, I WENT TO TAKE OUT THE CONNECTOR TO PROVE A POINT, AND IT INSTANTLY BROKE…😅 yeah, I do not get this

I am sorry but the way this unfolded is actually hilarious. 😭 EE shells in general are definitely thinner, I was nervous cable rolling odyssey. Hopefully you guys get this sorted asap.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #38,689 of 40,731
Im now thinking I might cancel my order….

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #38,690 of 40,731
Yikes!!!

Also look how thin the shell walls are
Yeah, that’s insane as someone who was defending this Iem with all of his soul. This is just heartbreaking. I’ve barely applied any pressure to take that connector out.

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #38,693 of 40,731
(Not implying anyone or anything) Please watch this video if you haven’t seen it about Raven’s cable and pins

The fact that they made this video in the first place is telling. And why did they have to go with 0.75? Is this the same with other EE IEMs?

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #38,694 of 40,731
The fact that they made this video in the first place is telling. And why did they have to go with 0.75? Is this the same with other EE IEMs?

(playing detective) this was posted through Moon Audio, after they published their unboxing and before their full review. My guess, they might have blown a unit as well

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #38,696 of 40,731
I am sorry but the way this unfolded is actually hilarious. 😭 EE shells in general are definitely thinner, I was nervous cable rolling odyssey. Hopefully you guys get this sorted asap.
Now imagine this happened to you after you have a hissing N30 😂 (I'm not fortunately), but I'm not sure what will happen with my upcoming Raven 😨

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #38,697 of 40,731
I mean, do you really stick $4000 IEMs in your pocket and just go about your day without being conscious that they’re there? I absolutely baby my expensive audio gear so I have no worries. If that’s the case however then maybe a metal shelled IEM is the way to go. I’m not defending the use of acrylic at this price but it is pretty common… I’d much rather have a Solaris stellar horizon type build but unfortunately, stellar horizon doesn’t have Raven sound quality. From my use of Raven so far it seems as sturdy as their other IEMs… I didn’t try to remove the cable however
This won't be my first $4k IEM so no I'm not talking about putting it in the pocket without being conscious.
Say for eg. I get down at the train station for work and I'm in a hurry for a meeting so I decided to put it in my pocket and walk (quite a long distance) to my office building instead of putting it away nicely in an IEM box. Of course when I reach the building, I'm going to put it in it's storage box. This happens, it's life. With how easily the shell cracks (seen it twice now), it is a big risk.

I'm not a fan of metal shelled IEMs. I've had those, heavy and they do not stay in the ears.

Oh and to the guy who said respect EE and take out the wallet and then broke his shells, I had already pre-ordered the Raven last month. Now I'm thinking of cancelling the pre-order.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #38,698 of 40,731
Hey guys – just dropping in regarding the cable connection issue since a few of you purchased your units from Bloom Audio.

From our experience with previous EE IEMs, we've had a small number of issues related to the 2-pin connector tension (the 0.75 vs 0.78 issue mentioned in the video that Jack Vang made) and the internal pressure in the IEM which is related to bone conduction performance (I'd say 2-3 warranty/RMA claims from customers since the launch of the Legend EVO). In the office, we did a ton of cable rolling with our Raven demo unit, including multiple in person demos which involved 3-4 cables swaps each. Just during my review, I used the stock cable, Effect Audio Fusion, Eletech Ode to Laura, Iliad, and the PW Audio Cable from the Legend EVO at various points.

I'm really sorry to hear that some people are having issues with the cable connection, and we're doing our best to communicate with EE, and with any of our impacted customers (RIP @tjzurlaaa ). Based on our experience with our Raven demo unit, I don't think this is going to be a universal problem, but it's clearly an issue for some units. If you ordered from us and have any concerns, definitely reach out and let us know. We'll do our best to relay any additional info we get from Jack or EE to the community.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Sep 25, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #38,699 of 40,731
This won't be my first $4k IEM so no I'm not talking about putting it in the pocket without being conscious.
Say for eg. I get down at the train station for work and I'm in a hurry for a meeting so I decided to put it in my pocket and walk (quite a long distance) to my office building instead of putting it away nicely in an IEM box. Of course when I reach the building, I'm going to put it in it's storage box. This happens, it's life. With how easily the shell cracks (seen it twice now), it is a big risk.

I'm not a fan of metal shelled IEMs. I've had those, heavy and they do not stay in the ears.

Oh and to the guy who said respect EE and take out the wallet and then broke his shells, I had already pre-ordered the Raven last month. Now I'm thinking of cancelling the pre-order.
Yeah that’s a completely fair use case.

Out of curiosity, has anyone that has Raven successfully cable rolled yet? Two cases so far could still be considered an isolated issue so curious to see if it’s a possible design flaw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back