Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 22, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #38,358 of 40,663
Yeah my bad. Is it not possible to order a universal with custom only on the faceplate? Like jewel maybe?
It just costs more. If its a problem more money can solve, its not a big problem 😂

Aug 23, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #38,359 of 40,663
Wow, that's a nice looking Odin set, what is the cable you're using with it?.
Hi Eoin, long time no talk - I hope you are well. :)
Nothing special. A copper graphene cable from Ali. Well built and less tangling and in my fever dreams, it further improves separation / imaging...
I bought it like 2 years back and don't remember the name anymore but I will certainly look it up for you if you want me to - just let me know.

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #38,361 of 40,663
I was fortunate enough to get to demo the RN6 and Raven side by side. I own the RN6 and have been eagerly awaiting the Raven so it was both exciting and bittersweet.

The long and short of it is, after hearing the bass Raven creates, it almost makes the bass in the RN6 seem for lack of better words, 'gimmicky'. The kinetic bass driver does provide a visceral feel but it seems more or less that it's compensating. Don't hate me but it reminds me of those old skullcandy headphones that had a vibrating motor inside to make the bass feel more powerful. That's a very crude and unfair example, but it's just a reference. Being that the Raven creates that sense of depth and executes the bass better overall in my opinion, I was very impressed. It was very deep and clean with surprising speed. I'm a headphone guy thats been recently been enjoying IEM's so this was more akin to what I am used to regarding clean and accurate execution. Also the Raven has a more bass presence than any open back headphone I have ever heard. More enjoyable as well since the bassy closed backs tend to lose a lot of the remaining spectrum when they are overloaded down low.

The mid-range of Raven also took the cake as it was more natural sounding to me. Nothing mind blowing but I just enjoyed it more.

Treble of the Raven also won me over pretty quick. It is nicely pushing up into the higher areas of the range with a nice smooth presence of air. Not the metallic or overly blasted in the 12k region either so I think they found a nice balance. It just felt more alive.

Space felt more ethereal in Raven and added a large dome type dynamic to the sound whereas RN6 hasn't really ever pushed anything out and around, more so left to right.

So overall it was bittersweet in the regard of loving my RN6 but as the saying goes, "comparison is the thief of joy". Having limited knowledge of what is out there and what I prefer taught me a bit today. They are complementary as someone mentioned previously but I preferred the Raven for my tastes 10/10 times. I'll hold on to my RN6 for a bit to do some soul searching and really make sure what I am feeling is correct but yea, cannot wait for my Raven to arrive! Good job Empire Ears.
Out of curiousity, did you have the chance to listen to FF Maestro / Grand Maestro? They might also match your preferences, maybe even more for the midrange. But you should try them first…

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #38,362 of 40,663
Out of curiousity, did you have the chance to listen to FF Maestro / Grand Maestro? They might also match your preferences, maybe even more for the midrange. But you should try them first…
No, I have not. I was only targeting products equipped with some form of conduction. If they have one pardon my ignorance.

Aug 23, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #38,363 of 40,663
No, I have not. I was only targeting products equipped with some form of conduction. If they have one pardon my ignorance.
If that’s a requirement, FF IEMs are not for you. But let me tell you, the Maestros don’t need BCD for their outstanding bass. Coming from the EVO, I speak with confidence…

(Edit) Replaced very bad English with regular bad English.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #38,365 of 40,663
How is GM bass compared to xe6 or rn6?
I have never had the pleasure of hearing the Xe6, but I own an Rn6, Evo and GM (as well as MSE).

The sub bass on the Maestro's is literally an order of magnitude higher than the others. It's super clean into the mids, really an expert execution. The Rn6's bass is lovely, present and balanced with a laid back, analog confidence, and the Evo's BCD manage to extend the bass response upwards into the mids while somehow keeping an almost unnatural sterility... but the Maestro's are simply producing SPL at a whole other level in the bass.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #38,366 of 40,663
I have never had the pleasure of hearing the Xe6, but I own an Rn6, Evo and GM (as well as MSE).

The sub bass on the Maestro's is literally an order of magnitude higher than the others. It's super clean into the mids, really an expert execution. The Rn6's bass is lovely, present and balanced with a laid back, analog confidence, and the Evo's BCD manage to extend the bass response upwards into the mids while somehow keeping an almost unnatural sterility... but the Maestro's are simply producing SPL at a whole other level in the bass.
This is for the Grand Mastero or the Mastero SE? Mentioning both is really confusing

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #38,367 of 40,663
This is for the Grand Mastero or the Mastero SE? Mentioning both is really confusing

Apologies for the confusion, just wanted to include it for context (just like the unasked Evo). My commentary was with the GM in mind, but as I reread it I would say it largely applies to the MSE as well (the bass between GM w black, vocal switch off and MSE is quite close), so I guess the answer is both...

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #38,368 of 40,663
Hello. Today arrive to me Odin. Like always after first listen huge wow effect. But this i already know. I usually wait 3 days for some conclusions. But wow. Anyway, i have question about this stormbreaker cable. Because used 2.5mm jack i need adapter. And i like to have Empire ears adapters. Are there any possibility to be back on stock? Or somewhere to order it? Thank you :wink:
20230823_161652.jpg

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #38,369 of 40,663
Hello. Today arrive to me Odin. Like always after first listen huge wow effect. But this i already know. I usually wait 3 days for some conclusions. But wow. Anyway, i have question about this stormbreaker cable. Because used 2.5mm jack i need adapter. And i like to have Empire ears adapters. Are there any possibility to be back on stock? Or somewhere to order it? Thank you :wink:
20230823_161652.jpg
I see the adapter in stock at a few places.
headphones.com
bloomaudio
audio46

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #38,370 of 40,663
If that’s a requirement, FF IEMs are not for you. But let me tell you, the Maestros don’t need BCD for their outstanding bass. Coming from the EVO, I speak with confidence…

(Edit) Replaced very bad English with regular bad English.

It’s not a requirement really I just like that reproduction as a whole for a sense of space if that makes sense. Not for the bass either but it does make for a nice addition there.

I’ll look into FF but that Raven really won me over. Even against something I felt was class leading during a demo, Traillii… Raven still got it. I would’ve bought Traillii but I felt that the bass was just a bit underwhelming compared to the RN6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back