Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #38,371 of 40,713
I have never had the pleasure of hearing the Xe6, but I own an Rn6, Evo and GM (as well as MSE).

The sub bass on the Maestro's is literally an order of magnitude higher than the others. It's super clean into the mids, really an expert execution. The Rn6's bass is lovely, present and balanced with a laid back, analog confidence, and the Evo's BCD manage to extend the bass response upwards into the mids while somehow keeping an almost unnatural sterility... but the Maestro's are simply producing SPL at a whole other level in the bass.
Agree with all of this. GM and MSE are my current benchmarks for bass. Sub bass in particular but I like their tuning for mid bass as well, particularly GM, but I think if you're a real mid bass lover than something like Xe6's bass would probably appeal more.

Legend Evo used to be my bass benchmark prior to hearing the FatFreq's, but Evo's treble was a dealbreaker. I have high hopes for Raven, it looks like the treble issues of Evo have been fixed. Not long to go (hopefully) :)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #38,372 of 40,713
Hello. Today arrive to me Odin. Like always after first listen huge wow effect. But this i already know. I usually wait 3 days for some conclusions. But wow. Anyway, i have question about this stormbreaker cable. Because used 2.5mm jack i need adapter. And i like to have Empire ears adapters. Are there any possibility to be back on stock? Or somewhere to order it? Thank you :wink:

Congrats on the Odins, cuz :thumbsup: They're a bit spesh for sure.

Aug 24, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #38,373 of 40,713
Hello. Today arrive to me Odin. Like always after first listen huge wow effect. But this i already know. I usually wait 3 days for some conclusions. But wow. Anyway, i have question about this stormbreaker cable. Because used 2.5mm jack i need adapter. And i like to have Empire ears adapters. Are there any possibility to be back on stock? Or somewhere to order it? Thank you :wink:
20230823_161652.jpg

Congrats on the purchase :)
I think I might have some EE adapters that I don´t use. PM me if you are interested.

Aug 25, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #38,374 of 40,713
Agree with all of this. GM and MSE are my current benchmarks for bass. Sub bass in particular but I like their tuning for mid bass as well, particularly GM, but I think if you're a real mid bass lover than something like Xe6's bass would probably appeal more.

Legend Evo used to be my bass benchmark prior to hearing the FatFreq's, but Evo's treble was a dealbreaker. I have high hopes for Raven, it looks like the treble issues of Evo have been fixed. Not long to go (hopefully) :)
Looking forward to your impressions & ranking 👍

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #38,375 of 40,713
I tried the Odin with a bespoke EA Ares ll 4-wire and was less than thrilled with it. Thinned out the lower end and made the trebles a bit much. The PWA 1960 gives it a fuller sound but took away a bit of the upper end (glorious lower-mids though). So far I find the stock cable to be the best with it (though I'd like 3-5% more on the very upper end).

I listen to mostly 1960s and 70s rock, which is mixed left and right with most often vocals in the center. I tried the Odin with a soundtrack (Ennio Moriconi's My Name Is Nobody) and could really hear the pinpoint placement of instruments across the sound field. Quite impressive.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #38,378 of 40,713
With all the excitement about the Raven going on and all the praise I read here about the Odin (which was way too treble piercing for me), let me bring some attention to an old friend - the Legend Evo.

We recently went through a rough patch in our relationship due to some missing sparkle in the highs. But these are just a flavor since no detail is missing. Bad things were said by others and I should have ignored them. But I still got suspicious and over-investigated. It spoilt the fun and we didn’t get along. However, recently I listened to media and games with my old friend, giving me the rumble and visceral “oomph” only the Evo can provide. I then also rediscovered how cool metal and rock sound. Now we are back reconciled and for many moments in daily life, my evo friend is just the best.
May I ask what cable you are using with EVO?
I tried a few and can absolutely recommend this one if you are looking for high frequency enhancement.
It also thins out the midbass which helps for more clarity. The changes are very noticeable to my ears and combined with a neutral source I don't need any EQ applied.
Compared to something like Effect Audio this is peanuts and worth a shot imho :)

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr9CgOE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230828_192826_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_192826_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230828_194436_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_194436_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #38,381 of 40,713
I think it’s more a token of appreciation than a “gimmick”. Surely it’s not a trick or business tactic to include a coin that in no way shape or form is influencing anyone to spend $3600 on IEM’s.
Sure it is. Gold plates, coin, developer’s note - they‘re all there to give it a special limited edition feeling so people will buy them before it goes out of stock and thus increasing the sales. Since a coin has no use for an IEM, it’s a gimmick !

Aug 29, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #38,383 of 40,713
Any got their Raven SE's yet? Waiting on more impressions!

I don't think the release date was until 9/1 according to Bloom Audio. The rest of the sites do not have a release date

Aug 29, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #38,385 of 40,713
I don't think the release date was until 9/1 according to Bloom Audio. The rest of the sites do not have a release date
Yeah but people here always seem to get their hands on stuff early so I was just curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back