Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 28, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #37,831 of 40,686
Jun 1, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #37,832 of 40,686
Alert! Sorry Guys, this is not a Raven post!

Having Odin back in my ears the last few days after not having heard it in over 2 years as been an immense and surprising treat! Using stormbreaker 4.4 plugged into my LP6 Ti

I hear zero brightness, no thinned out mids nor recessed. The upper mid boost is not bothering me as I don’t even notice it now (unless it’s my age or synergy). It’s not overly detailed coming from Mentor and I’ve had no fatigue.

I am falling in love with this set all over again. Especially great with Jazz Trio music. But honestly it’s replaying most all of my library beautifully. I forgot how coherent this tribrid is! Definitely one of its best attributes along with its resolving nature from bass to treble and with great depth of stage. While depth is what seems to be Odins strength in the sound field the width and height are also spread out without being too stretched. Layering is tight and the space and air between instruments and vocals is smile inducing. I know to most of you here, this is old old old news. BUT! Legends never die! 😍 Long Live Odin!
1685664868668.png

Jun 1, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #37,833 of 40,686

Having Odin back in my ears the last few days after not having heard it in over 2 years as been an immense and surprising treat! Using stormbreaker 4.4 plugged into my LP6 Ti

I hear zero brightness, no thinned out mids nor recessed. The upper mid boost is not bothering me as I don’t even notice it now (unless it’s my age or synergy). It’s not overly detailed coming from Mentor and I’ve had no fatigue.

I am falling in love with this set all over again. Especially great with Jazz Trio music. But honestly it’s replaying most all of my library beautifully. I forgot how coherent this tribrid is! Definitely one of its best attributes along with its resolving nature from bass to treble and with great depth of stage. While depth is what seems to be Odins strength in the sound field the width and height are also spread out without being too stretched. Layering is tight and the space and air between instruments and vocals is smile inducing. I know to most of you here, this is old old old news. BUT! Legends never die! 😍 Long Live Odin!
1685664868668.png
Glad you're loving them all over again 👍

Jun 2, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #37,834 of 40,686

I can fully understand how you're feeling. Odin will always be one of my all time favorites! Enjoy 👍

Jun 2, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #37,835 of 40,686

1685664868668.png
Odin so far is the only IEM that stood the test of time for me. Well over 2 years now and I still love them and it wows me on a regular basis!

Jun 2, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #37,836 of 40,686
It's funny that EE IEM's have this post release appeal that can almost rival the initial anticipation and reception. The LX is another example of this... came out with somewhat of a bang and went luke warm. Years later it ended up being a staple and somewhat of a reference for bass quality regardless of whether or not everyone agreed with the quantity.

Either way, standing the test of time is always a rewarding feeling when you have invested a good deal of money on a product.

Jun 2, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #37,837 of 40,686
It's funny that EE IEM's have this post release appeal that can almost rival the initial anticipation and reception. The LX is another example of this... came out with somewhat of a bang and went luke warm. Years later it ended up being a staple and somewhat of a reference for bass quality regardless of whether or not everyone agreed with the quantity.

Either way, standing the test of time is always a rewarding feeling when you have invested a good deal of money on a product.
I agree. It seems there are only a handful or so of iems that have stood up to this.
LX, Odin, Traillii, Andromeda, Anole VX just to name a few.

Jun 3, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #37,840 of 40,686
My wife heard Odin for the first time today and said it was nonsense. And I absolutely agree! PS: Of course they have no idea how much I paid for them :D
20230528_082318.jpg
You live in Czechia and can afford Odin?

Damn Petr Pavel in the chat?

I love Prague but you guys live pretty frugally!

If I move there making 250k/year US after tax would it be worth? Considering it

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #37,842 of 40,686
Anyone here do extensive cable rolling with the AK x EE Odyssey?

If so, what were some of your favorites and why?

Jun 5, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #37,843 of 40,686
Anyone here do extensive cable rolling with the AK x EE Odyssey?

If so, what were some of your favorites and why?
EA Chiron is my favourite pairing with Odyssey, tightens up the bass further and makes more of a sub bass emphasis while raising the upper mids slightly. Detail retrieval, imaging and holography also take a noticeable step up.

Jun 5, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #37,844 of 40,686
EA Chiron is my favourite pairing with Odyssey, tightens up the bass further and makes more of a sub bass emphasis while raising the upper mids slightly. Detail retrieval, imaging and holography also take a noticeable step up.
@Tristy , thanks. 4W or 8W?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back