Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 8, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #35,941 of 40,613
@CL14715 posted a month or two back about some EE developments that would be released soon. He made a trip to HQ pre Odin release so I’m guessing we should see something soon.
Those were some prototypes a few people heard. No idea on a time frame. I just stopped in on the way to North Carolina.

Edit: … well there was that one thing…
B444E938-C97A-46AB-B243-AF27D17901C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #35,943 of 40,613
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #35,945 of 40,613
Well… no, that could be a thing though. I heard an IEM prototype that I begged them to release so, we’ll see. Best thing I’ve heard to this point, even better than the bird.
Jeez, man. Best? Feels like deja vu all over again. I’ve seen this movie before.

Jul 8, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #35,946 of 40,613
Jeez, man. Best? Feels like deja vu all over again. I’ve seen this movie before.
I can see why you’d think that. I was a hard charger for Odin and EVO, because I really enjoy the EE house sound. Those releases really hit above the mark for me. This prototype was in another atmosphere, but like I said it was a prototype. Dean has a bunch that never see the light of day. This one, was by a wide margin, better than anything they have released.

If they don’t release it, I’ll beg them to sell me a one off prototype.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #35,947 of 40,613
I can see why you’d think that. I was a hard charger for Odin and EVO, because I really enjoy the EE house sound. Those releases really hit above the mark for me. This prototype was in another atmosphere, but like I said it was a prototype. Dean has a bunch that never see the light of day. This one, was by a wide margin, better than anything they have released.

I've heard a lot of great prototypes from Empire Ears. I provided them recently with some ideas. I hope they incorporate some of my ideas into their next IEM release. I know the house sound of Empire Ears very well and I love it. Whatever they do, I am looking forward to hearing it.

I know what would excite me. An Odin mkii with bone conduction and slight tuning adjustments with slightly more bass, slightly less upper mids and improved overall treble response.. If it came in a custom, which would be unlilkely if it included bone conduction, I would be willing to guinea pig it. Since I have big ears, it would probably fit me.

Jul 8, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #35,948 of 40,613
I've heard a lot of great prototypes from Empire Ears. I provided them recently with some ideas. I hope they incorporate some of my ideas into their next IEM release. I know the house sound of Empire Ears very well and I love it. Whatever they do, I am looking forward to hearing it.

I know what would excite me. An Odin mkii with bone conduction and slight tuning adjustments with slightly more bass, slightly less upper mids and improved overall treble response.. If it came in a custom, which would be unlilkely if it included bone conduction, but I would be willing to guinea pig it. Since I have big ears, it would fit me.
I’m with you.

I’m not sure I’m allowed to describe what I heard but if I’m am, I’ll gladly provide a brief analysis.

Jul 8, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #35,949 of 40,613

Fair enough - and appreciated.
for me, the EE house sound doesn’t work - upper mids and lower treble don’t fit my preferences. Pretty much every EE IEM I’ve heard suffers from this (again, “suffers” is relative to my preferences). My hope is that they can release something with Evo bass quality and quantity, and smoother upper mids/lower treble.

Jul 8, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #35,950 of 40,613
Fair enough - and appreciated.
for me, the EE house sound doesn’t work - upper mids and lower treble don’t fit my preferences. Pretty much every EE IEM I’ve heard suffers from this (again, “suffers” is relative to my preferences). My hope is that they can release something with Evo bass quality and quantity, and smoother upper mids/lower treble.
Understood. I think folks will be pleasantly surprised if they turn this prototype into anything. I’m fighting for it.

Jul 8, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #35,951 of 40,613
Looks like a balanced to unbalanced adaptor from EE? Since that part of Hugo2 should be the 3.5mm/6.5mm headphone outs.

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #35,952 of 40,613
My request to EE is simple....

Make anything you offer available as a custom, I (and others) will gladly pay. EVO as universal only...missed opportunity. Please work on slimming the designs down.

My custom Legend X is fabulous and sings to me currently, enjoying tonights session immensely.

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #35,953 of 40,613
My request to EE is simple....

Make anything you offer available as a custom, I (and others) will gladly pay. EVO as universal only...missed opportunity. Please work on slimming the designs down.

My custom Legend X is fabulous and sings to me currently, enjoying tonights session immensely.
Custom LX is hard to beat. It’s funny how bad it was written off by many upon its inception.

To be fair, I think a lot of it had to do with a particular Sony DAP.

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #35,954 of 40,613
Custom LX is hard to beat. It’s funny how bad it was written off by many upon its inception.

haha by coincidence I'm using my WM1Z with the Aroma A100TB+PSU Stack. LX scales like no other, it needs a great amplification system to do it justice.

Jul 9, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #35,955 of 40,613

Funny I was actually hell bent on getting the odins, but another couple of songs in auditioning the odins I felt like my custom legends aren’t too bad.

Initially I loved the more forward mids and tighter lower end of the odins but as I was contemplating between universals or customs, I a/b with my custom legends and I thought maybe it isn’t worth the price since lx are still excellent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back