Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 1, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #35,911 of 40,559
Jul 1, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #35,912 of 40,559
Is there a big difference like a12t/u12t? Slightly apprehensive as I might thinking far ahead about resale since nobody are doing reshells now

Never heard a CIEM Odin but my CIEM Legend X was fantastic and I didnā€™t hear a difference between the A and U12t , canā€™t help but feel the 12t ā€œdifferencesā€ are blown out of proportion. Iā€™d take your Odin and try get the deepest fit possible and see what you think. The Odin is also large, the CIEM isnā€™t compatible with my ears so Iā€™d probably check with EE about that too.

Jul 1, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #35,913 of 40,559
Never heard a CIEM Odin but my CIEM Legend X was fantastic and I didnā€™t hear a difference between the A and U12t , canā€™t help but feel the 12t ā€œdifferencesā€ are blown out of proportion. Iā€™d take your Odin and try get the deepest fit possible and see what you think. The Odin is also large, the CIEM isnā€™t compatible with my ears so Iā€™d probably check with EE about that too.
My ciem LX fits me awesome too. So you canā€™t do ciem for odins? My ears are small too, probably will encounter the same issues as you have. Did they inform you after you send your impressions?

I like the forward mids on the odins. Right up my alley

Jul 1, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #35,914 of 40,559
My ciem LX fits me awesome too. So you canā€™t do ciem for odins? My ears are small too, probably will encounter the same issues as you have. Did they inform you after you send your impressions?

I like the forward mids on the odins. Right up my alley

I personally cannot, no. They barely were able to make the LX fit for me. They had to alter the design a bit when I had them done back in 2018 to make them work for my ears.

They already had my impressions on file and the size of my ears relative to the Odin CIEM was just a topic of discussion at the time.

Jul 1, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #35,915 of 40,559
Totally agree about this ā€œdifferencesā€ on A and U12t, its becoming a legend that if told many times becomes true. I never heard any difference. Even if thereā€™s difference (minimal), thatā€™s the nature of the Universal design and tips/insertion variations.

Anywayā€¦ My LX fits me really good. I would go custom on any IEM I can.

Jul 1, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #35,916 of 40,559
Enjoying this royal combo.

54A5768F-8D77-4555-B4B7-76027F149B82.jpeg

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #35,917 of 40,559
Jul 4, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #35,919 of 40,559
I had a new experience today with my EVOs. Getting ready to sell some extra gear and gave my Tralucent Uber cable one last try. I had never tried it with the EVO and I must say, the combo is magic!

Jul 4, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #35,920 of 40,559
Jul 4, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #35,921 of 40,559
before i go for a pair of odins customs, just letting you guys know if anyone is offloading their odin universals, please feel free to message me

Am still undecided between uni or customs since Iā€™m definitely still going for the dark shell with bifrost plates

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #35,922 of 40,559
this is what a friend of mine - music producer - told me as well. he loved my odin instantly because he got a flashback to moments of recording songs where the bass is as just as high as the odin reproduces it.
Sorry, just saw this. Still relevant as the discussion is back to Odin. Lol. Enjoy the music all.

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #35,923 of 40,559
Anymore ideas on odins customs or universals? Tbh not seeing many with customs here

Jul 5, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #35,924 of 40,559
I MiSS my old Phantom customs. They just fit better, weā€™re easy to keep clean with the vacuum I bought and they sounded consistent as they were always fitting correctly. It helped the bass mostly, but everything was a bit better. Iā€™d even be willing to sell my Odins to purchase a pair of customs potentially.

Obviously it would be best if someone who has heard both would be able to share, but it seems like many donā€™t buy customs so they can buy and sell along the way

Jul 5, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #35,925 of 40,559
I MiSS my old Phantom customs. They just fit better, weā€™re easy to keep clean with the vacuum I bought and they sounded consistent as they were always fitting correctly. It helped the bass mostly, but everything was a bit better. Iā€™d even be willing to sell my Odins to purchase a pair of customs potentially.

Obviously it would be best if someone who has heard both would be able to share, but it seems like many donā€™t buy customs so they can buy and sell along the way

they are very different beasts. Phantoms are very thick in the mids. I still have my custom phantoms. Was actually thinking of selling it but then again, I would almost miss it. It is really different from everything out there recently

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back