Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 2, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #35,792 of 40,591
The bass doesn't slam as hard as the first day. The first day the bass made me tuck my tail and beg for mercy. I had to take legend x out and place them in my purse next to my tampons. Lol just joking about placing them in my purse.

I don't know if the drivers changed or if i adjusted to the sound 🤔

No iem ever has been too much bass for me. I thought it wasn't possible.

Now I almost require that pain/slam or skull cracking aggressiveness in most tracks.
You’ve definitely adjusted to the sound. That’s honestly what happens when you only listen to one IEM for a very long time. It becomes somewhat “neutral” in your brain.

Jun 2, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #35,793 of 40,591
Lx is amazing but on some tracks the vocals are pushed back. That's 100% ok for 99.9% of hip hop tracks, but on some rnb tracks the vocals should be the focus.

Seems like evo might correct that but i don't want to lose the lx sparkle which is amazing, especially on tracks that's not to bassy like some rnb and jazz tracks.

Almost seems like lx is perfect and modifying the tuning might affect the magic. 🤔
I own LX and affirm the vocals in the mids are somewhat recessed. While those who don’t believe in cable changes may scoff, it was for this reason and after reading reviews by highly respected Head-Fi reviewers that I ordered the Eletech Socrates cable. It is reputed to alter the sonic signature from L to more W shaped. Once it arrives (as it has been held up in the Shanghai shutdown for over 2 months), I will give an A:B comparison / impression compared to stock Ares II cable.

BTW I have found that the LX’s bass texture has improved over time with better bass control after substantial burn-in (>300 hrs of use now).

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #35,795 of 40,591
A perfect wireless leash for the legendary beast
801711A4-3397-4B0D-941F-0487AF4F912E.jpeg

Jun 3, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #35,796 of 40,591
Jun 3, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #35,797 of 40,591
A perfect wireless leash for the legendary beast
801711A4-3397-4B0D-941F-0487AF4F912E.jpeg
I demoed that very pairing and I found the bass to be uncontrolled and unlistenable.

Jun 3, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #35,798 of 40,591
Do you think the EXT would be a good compliment to LX for bass heavy music like rock, EDM, and hiphop? Or more of a competitor?
I own both. I definitely think they are complementary IEMs for bass heavy music. The EXT does not have the same sub bass boost and it has much better mids. So, very complementary.

Jun 3, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #35,800 of 40,591
Does anyone know if pwaudio number 5 works with lx oe any other cable recommendations?
I think getting a good quality pure silver cable would benefit the LX more. If you can find either an Effect Audio Cleo or an Eletech Plato for great prices, those would be my first choices. I just didn’t have any IEM in my collection that benefit from those two so I just recently sold them. I might purchase some again soon depending on what IEM I’d get next lmao

Headphones have just been “better” for my use case at the moment so I’m headed towards that direction.

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #35,803 of 40,591
I have a Lotoo Paw Gold Touch arriving soon, can anybody report on how it pairs with the legend Evo?
Thanks
I've never heard the EVO myself, but I don't think that you have to worry about synergy here :)

The LPGTs 'secret sauce' is its superb PMEQ. It already has some great pre-sets (I sometimes use 'Heaphone' and 'Rock' myself) imo. But you can always create some extra settings to your personal (frequency) liking to get the best synergy with your own IEM(s) that way.

Strong the LX hype is.
And deservedly so! I've still got a LX on a loan over here (for quite some time now) and I totally understand why people like it that much...

Yoda.gif

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #35,804 of 40,591
Lx is amazing but on some tracks the vocals are pushed back. That's 100% ok for 99.9% of hip hop tracks, but on some rnb tracks the vocals should be the focus.

Seems like evo might correct that but i don't want to lose the lx sparkle which is amazing, especially on tracks that's not to bassy like some rnb and jazz tracks.

Almost seems like lx is perfect and modifying the tuning might affect the magic. 🤔
Interested to hear this obervation. Can you provide some tracks where you experience this?

Jun 4, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #35,805 of 40,591
Strong the LX hype is.
I don't think hype is what you're looking for after being released a lifetime ago in IEM years. :wink: Unless of course I missed an inside joke by not reading a couple hundred pages on this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back