Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 3, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #34,576 of 40,577
i'm considering to order the Alo audio Gold 16 cable (3.5mm) (gold-16 : 16 Pure Gold Plated OFC Copper Conductors) to use with my Empire Ears Odin and SP2000cu. But was wondering how it could be, regarding sound quality etc... will that be better than what i have with odin's stock cable ?
Any advice or feedback on this ?
Stormbreaker is very well matched with Odin from all of my testing. All of the cables I have tested have changed the frequency response in some way that is usually very detrimental to one part while maybe being marginally better in another. The 1960s seems to play the best balancing act. I would attempt to test it before buying if possible.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #34,577 of 40,577
Stormbreaker is very well matched with Odin from all of my testing. All of the cables I have tested have changed the frequency response in some way that is usually very detrimental to one part while maybe being marginally better in another. The 1960s seems to play the best balancing act. I would attempt to test it before buying if possible.
i will follow you advice and even keep the stock cable!

Dec 4, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #34,578 of 40,577
i'm considering to order the Alo audio Gold 16 cable (3.5mm) (gold-16 : 16 Pure Gold Plated OFC Copper Conductors) to use with my Empire Ears Odin and SP2000cu. But was wondering how it could be, regarding sound quality etc... will that be better than what i have with odin's stock cable ?
Any advice or feedback on this ?
You should ask @Joshyy73 about Odin cable pairings. He tried quite a coupler of cables and can give good advice.

Dec 5, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #34,579 of 40,577
Wow… I think the pictures speak for themselves…

This is new…MEXT from Unique Melody. Estimated price, around 1k USD.

Seems to be a more affordable offering with a more engaging, thunderous sound. Possibly successor to Mini MEST

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/MLSO55obtBk4TRJmuj_PkQ

ROUGH Translation:

UM has launched a new product with high cost to performance, after years of technological development. Introducing MEXT, with new experience of different bone conduction technology, the shock is more fierce. MEXT not only uses air conduction but also bone conduction. As the conduction mode of sound, balanced armature, moving coil and coil type. The combination of OBC bone conduction creates an all-round sense of space and Vibration sense. Whether it's single-vibration or double-vibration and the current coil type OBC bone conduction technology, UM has always been second to none and has a unique specialty. Lee, even if the technology can be imitated, the sound cannot be surpassed.

MEXT is conducted by 1 coil OBC bone, 4 balanced armatures, 1 DD. Vibration (bone?) conduction bandwidth can reach 200Hz-7kHZ, with The characteristics of conduction instantaneous speed and rich sound. Vibration conduction sensitivity pole High, peak up to @400Hz 79m•N. OBC bone conduction sheet Meta makes the low frequency more explosive and infectious in low-frequency compensation. Seamless connection of ring iron and bone conduction units makes MEXT sound Zhang Chi is powerful.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.33.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.34.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.34.20 PM.png

OBC, also known as Original Bone Conduction It is a coil-type bone conduction unit. As we all know, UM was the first to Bone conduction technology is used in audio companies with high-end earphones. Starting from the MEST generation, air conduction and bone conduction are combined. With this combination, the sound delivers a unique quality and effect.

OBC adopts high magnetic N52 neodymium magnets with imported high toughness. Vibrating steel sheet and high-purity copper wire park, made by low-temperature welding process Made of it. High-quality neodymium magnets have been continuously tested and screened. The bone conduction unit adopts a lightweight design, which is lightweight, wear-resistant and conductive. Good performance, low-temperature welding process maintains a very high yield and single Metastability and accuracy. Each BC unit is seeking excellence. It is completed in exquisite ingenuity.

The OBC unit is placed deeper and close to the earbone. Instantaneous induction vibration Move, vibration is moderate, and it will not be caused by the length of wearing. Suitable. The headphones are ergonomically designed, and the shell is small and ergonomic. Comfortable and suitable for a wide range of people.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.34.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.34.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.35.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.35.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.35.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.35.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.35.38 PM.png

MEXT's UM Copper M1 headphone cable is made by Hong Kong PW Audio. The wire is soft and exquisite in workmanship. The black iem shell is matched with black wire, and the color matching is simple and comfortable. The conductor is OFHC copper wire, the sound is natural and transparent, without burrs. Combined with MEXT, this reflects the wonderful vibration of the new bone conduction technology. Incisive and vivid.

Dec 5, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #34,580 of 40,577
Wow… I think the pictures speak for themselves…
I actually thought this was a joke when I saw it first but there you go. Crazy.

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #34,581 of 40,577
Wow that product description is…..

I don’t think I’ve read anything like it in a long time. Very unprofessional down to that last paragraph about the cable being flexible and matching the black on black color scheme.

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #34,585 of 40,577
Well I guess this settles previous allegations by UM that Empire stole their tech. Looks quite the contrary now…
Yeah, they should call it the MEVO instead of the MEXT.

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #34,587 of 40,577
08F0743D-BF24-4780-997E-BC37910D0B95.jpeg

Dec 5, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #34,588 of 40,577
Dec 5, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #34,589 of 40,577
Yeah, I was willing to give UM the benefit of the doubt after the EVO comment since we didn’t really know whom at UM wrote the statement of complaint, but this latest example reveals a character that is so out of place in high end audio. When I first got into high end audio sales, one of the principle teachings I learned was to never disparage the competition, rather, highlight what makes your product unique and interesting instead. It’s just bad form to do otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back