Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 28, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #34,561 of 40,577
besides source , i guess that music material also plays a huge part in hotness etc

badly mastered and super compressed music , will sound sh.it no matter what you play it through

Garbage in , garbage out as someone else mentioned earlier.
Unfortunately most of the material is not recorded and mastered ideally, so something that's tuned on the edge of hotness is some area is going to keep you on the edge too.

Nov 28, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #34,563 of 40,577
any link ?
Ever heard of Google? :)

Don't know where you are but they are available on Amazon.com, that's where I bought them. You need the standard version, not TWS. Still my go-to tips, for most IEMs.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #34,565 of 40,577
EVO Genesis Update

I just received word from Peter of PWAudio that he'll be receiving the revised Genesis wire this week so we have high hopes that this cable issue will be addressed soon. We apologize for the inconvenience and deeply appreciate your patience.

For those that cannot wait we are offering Legend EVOs with our standard black PRO SPC cable (Plastic1 esque) at no additional charge with the Genesis cable to be provided at a later date by the following participating dealers:

USA:
Musicteck
Moon Audio
Bloom
Audio46

Hong Kong:
ECT

Korea:
Scheherazade
Hey, has there been any update on the Genesis cable since @Jack Vang ?

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #34,566 of 40,577
If you have the Genesis cable and an LX, give the pair a try. I was pleasantly surprised and have left the genesis on the LX and PW 1960 2 wire on the EVO. Roll on..

Nov 30, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #34,567 of 40,577
Hey, has there been any update on the Genesis cable since @Jack Vang ?
+1 It’s been a month since last update, approaching two since delivery. “No cable” label is a daily reminder and makes me a sad :panda_face:

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #34,569 of 40,577
After exhaustive testing with a number of prototypes i'm relieved to announce that PWAudio has finally manufactured a wire that is comparable to the original Genesis. We are pushing this matter urgently as we have a number of outstanding orders to fulfill, including those who've opted for the Pro SPC Black/No Cable option. PW is expecting the wire to arrive sometime within the next 2-3 weeks and will strive to manufacture at least 50 a week.

Once all of the outstanding orders and cable replacements have been shipped we will begin fulfilling new orders. New EVO orders within our dealer network will reopen shortly and the ETA is mid to late January. I appreciate all of your patience and support and can't apologize enough for the delays. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to contact me.

unnamed (2).jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #34,570 of 40,577
Like I said earlier...

Judging by how responsive EE was to complaints in 2020 with their 2021 release, I can only imagine how cut-throat they are going to come with it in 2022. Knowing what I know about Jack and Dean... they won't be happy until 100% of the customer base loves what they release. This isn't some hype beast crap either. They legit don't like good enough, they want perfect.

This is proof...

After exhaustive testing with a number of prototypes i'm relieved to announce that PWAudio has finally manufactured a wire that is comparable to the original Genesis. We are pushing this matter urgently as we have a number of outstanding orders to fulfill, including those who've opted for the Pro SPC Black/No Cable option. PW is expecting the wire to arrive sometime within the next 2-3 weeks and will strive to manufacture at least 50 a week.

Once all of the outstanding orders and cable replacements have been shipped we will begin fulfilling new orders. New EVO orders within our dealer network will reopen shortly and the ETA is mid to late January. I appreciate all of your patience and support and can't apologize enough for the delays. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to contact me.

unnamed (2).jpg

The grind is real. I know you can't please everyone but they damn sure try. It's hard for me not to respect it because I haven't seen anyone this driven to deliver.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #34,572 of 40,577
Like I said earlier...

This is proof...

The grind is real. I know you can't please everyone but they damn sure try. It's hard for me not to respect it because I haven't seen anyone this driven to deliver.
Could not agree more. The way that @Jack Vang has dealt with this whole situation has been exemplary (Peter Wong too, in my opinion). These are two companies at the very top of their game, who could easily be resting on their laurels but instead choose to bring better and better products to demanding consumers like us that they are fiercely passionate about pleasing at all costs. Consider me a lifelong EE and PW Audio fan.

And I type this as I’m listening to my EVO through a PWAudio 1960s (Trailli) cable (a perfect combo IMO) as I await my Genesis.

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #34,573 of 40,577
PWAudio 1960s (Trailli)
A good cable sound wise. But also probably the stiffest IEM cable on the planet, not to mention the cable noise. When I sit at my desk typing, i can hear every single keyboard stroke in the IEMs transmitted through that cable. I really wish they would give more attention to usability of cables. For me that's very important too.

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #34,574 of 40,577
But also probably the stiffest IEM cable on the planet, not to mention the cable noise.
Please do try Alo Audio's Ref8 which, quote "The signature cable geometry combined with the durable FEP jacket work together to keep microphonics to a minimum". It's hilariously stiff for such a small footprint, and boasting about minimum microphonics is a great idea when I can hear the air moving
:)

Dec 3, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #34,575 of 40,577
i'm considering to order the Alo audio Gold 16 cable (3.5mm) (gold-16 : 16 Pure Gold Plated OFC Copper Conductors) to use with my Empire Ears Odin and SP2000cu. But was wondering how it could be, regarding sound quality etc... will that be better than what i have with odin's stock cable ?
Any advice or feedback on this ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back