Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 1, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #29,866 of 40,582
Not similar since EE is unmatched for the most part in the price to performance and bass game… but a used Campfire Audio Polaris V2 if all you care about is bass.
I would argue the TA Monarch or any from the quadruplets should be fine.

Jun 1, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #29,868 of 40,582
'Not the best possible shots of the Bifrost faceplates, but these are, I believe, the first images of a custom ODIN to hit the web. Courtesy of e-earphone's blog:

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 22.34.41.png
This is actually the configuration I wanted if ever I get it in custom.

The royal purple just looks nice with the bifrost faceplate. Hopefully by the time I’m ready to buy a custom, it’ll be available again.

Jun 1, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #29,869 of 40,582
Not similar since EE is unmatched for the most part in the price to performance and bass game… but a used Campfire Audio Polaris V2 if all you care about is bass.
Thanks. Well, bass is not all I care about. Might have to bite the bullet. Accountant (wife) be damned:wink:

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #29,870 of 40,582
Hello. Basshead here. From the reviews and comments, I think the Bravado MK2 would be right up my ally. However, the price is not. Is there anything out there with similar performance under $400 (or maybe stretch to $500)?
Sadly not in the Empire Ears range (although I feel their products are absolutely worth the money they charge!). In the under $400 price range, I'd highly recommend the @Penon Globe which is an astonishing, basshead pleasing (but not solely basehead focused) and extraordinary value-for-money IEM under $400. I've yet to encounter an IEM in that price bracket that comes even close (and scales up even more with an upgraded cable - I like @Penon's own OSG cable if you're after a reasonably priced great performer). Here's a link to some Globe impressions I posted on the @Penon thread - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/penon-audio-thread-post-your-impressions-here.934523/post-16379639

Also worth checking out @davidmolliere's, @Dsnuts', @pr0b3r's and @ehjie's thoughts on that thread too who, in my experience, are very reliable posters/reviewers.

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #29,871 of 40,582
Hello. Basshead here. From the reviews and comments, I think the Bravado MK2 would be right up my ally. However, the price is not. Is there anything out there with similar performance under $400 (or maybe stretch to $500)?
Hi @slowpickr. i'm gonna tag you in the the thread @KickAssChewGum mentioned
:beerchug: and let's enjoy the Music....

Jun 1, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #29,872 of 40,582
Hi @slowpickr. i'm gonna tag you in the the thread @KickAssChewGum mentioned
:beerchug: and let's enjoy the Music....
Thank you! I recently found a new appreciation for my JVC HA-FX850s that had been boxed up in my basement for who knows how long. This prompted a trade for JVC HA-FW01s which are also great IMO. Now I'm looking for a significant upgrade to both. I like both the aforementioned IEMs so much I'm not sure if it's possible LOL

Jun 1, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #29,873 of 40,582
'Not the best possible shots of the Bifrost faceplates, but these are, I believe, the first images of a custom ODIN to hit the web. Courtesy of e-earphone's blog:

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 22.34.41.png
Wow, that purple pops. Now I'm second guessing the colors i went with. I may have to go with purple! Thanks for sharing!

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #29,874 of 40,582
Wow, that purple pops. Now I'm second guessing the colors i went with. I may have to go with purple! Thanks for sharing!
I personally prefer a Translucent Storm or Piano Black to pair with the Bifrost faceplates, because it lets the colours on the plates stand out more. But, as always, different strokes. :wink:

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #29,875 of 40,582
I personally prefer a Translucent Storm or Piano Black to pair with the Bifrost faceplates, because it lets the colours on the plates stand out more. But, as always, different strokes. :wink:
me too... I like the dark colors for the shell. unless the shell is from a complete different material, then anything is possible.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #29,876 of 40,582
Funny - in preparation for ordering my own custom LX soon, I was looking at those exact colors. Not a final decision yet, though... :thinking:

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #29,877 of 40,582
Funny - in preparation for ordering my own custom LX soon, I was looking at those exact colors. Not a final decision yet, though... :thinking:
My bad... I was looking at the Swirl colors. Not the Bifrost.

Jun 3, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #29,878 of 40,582
What do you guys think about Bravado MKII vs Vantage for all around listening experience? Both should be basshead approved. FWIW, Crinacle ranks the Vantage higher and calls it a mini LX which is appealing. Thanks.

Jun 3, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #29,879 of 40,582
LXSE seems to be on the way. If all goes well it should arrive by Monday... Anyone else excited to receive theirs? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back