Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 14, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #23,401 of 40,577
Aug 14, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #23,403 of 40,577
Hmm I will need to hear this for myself, Hero now has the Z1R that came today and the LX to contend with when it comes.... should be an interesting few weeks.
IER Z1R is awesome. If Sony pulled a "Solaris 2020" equivalent, i.e., a smaller, comfortable and more subtle version with slight boost to the mids, I would most definitely "blind buy" and be happy staying off this site for maybe a few months :)

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #23,404 of 40,577
I can understand the Odin or Hero sound might be your preference, but hybrids with lots of detail are everywhere. The Nio is the first smooth hybrid that I've ever heard. It's something I've been looking for hard over the last year. For anyone that wants DD bass, beautiful lush vocals and just enough treble detail to keep it interesting but not to be sibilant with almost any music, I don't think there's anything else quite like it. I'd keep that in mind before you post it up. I'm not saying that the Odin and Hero aren't great, but it takes time to really get to know the strengths and weaknesses of a piece of gear, and every piece of gear does have its weaknesses.

That being said, I'm very curious to hear the mids of the Hero and the bass of the Odin. I'd like to see how it compares to the LX and how it suits the music I listen to.
I understand but I had a 9 hour drive to listen to Odin and Hero and have spent most of my day doing the same today. I have even done an A/B directly between Hero and Nio. I am very confident in my decision to sell the Nio.

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #23,407 of 40,577
Hopefully all the thousands of people who preorder the odin have the same positive assessment on Sept 1st! Ultimately it's the general consensus and opinions that put the most weight of how good an iem is and if it will be in my collection. :)

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #23,408 of 40,577
why would anyone buy something after Judes impressions... obviously he would shill anything for his partners. He is probably the least credible guy getting a honest impression from
You have it backwards... I avoided the Odin and Hero because of the way Jude described his initial impressions of them. Then after hearing them for myself I made the decision that they were worth the investment and he was actually under-selling them.

Aug 14, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #23,412 of 40,577
Aug 14, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #23,414 of 40,577
I was comparing to my memory of the Noble Khan which had great mid range
Well I’m comparing it to these at the moment...
C63113D2-39E8-4FDA-B962-847E69C68084.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back