Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 14, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #23,386 of 40,587
Just got my ears on the Odin (or the Odin in my ears). I've got hours of listening to go and time to gather my thoughts for reviews next week, but, if I can make a quick comparison, it's like the Hero is a great pint of craft beer, and the Odin is a 25 year aged single malt Scotch served neat.
Perfect analogy.

I don't even know what scotch tastes like. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes you do, you've heard ODIN :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #23,387 of 40,587
On an entirely different note I might authorize an earlier shipment release depending on a few variables but i'll keep you all posted closely.
Oh man, you just opened Pandora's box for very anxious purchasers of the new IEM's. With reviews starting to be posted the waiting period of about 2.5 weeks is feeling like something closer to a lifetime.

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #23,388 of 40,587
He putting up his nio and Solaris for sale after purchased hero and odin
Nio and Solaris SE are already up for sale.
I suspect we will see the others shortly...

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #23,389 of 40,587
He putting up his nio and Solaris for sale after purchased hero and odin
Well I panic bought used SOLARIS SE and TRIO after Jude made his initial assessments... then I gathered myself and ventured to hear for myself. So now the NIO, TRIO and Solaris SE are up for grabs. If that doesn't make a statement I don't know what does. It's not about the money either, it's about the necessity. I don't need anything besides the LX, HERO and ODIN. Might as well roll my money already spent into what does it all for me.

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #23,391 of 40,587
There was no need to compare, I’ve heard both. The Hero is a big step up in every regard from Bravado.
Including the bass? I would never want to sacrifice anything from the awesome Bravado bass :L3000:
I see in your signature that you also own the LX... How do they compare to the Hero?
I am considering an upgrade to my Bravado, and while the LX is frankly too pricey for my comfort, the Hero is priced much lower than the LX, so I am wondering... :thinking:

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #23,393 of 40,587
Including the bass? I would never want to sacrifice anything from the awesome Bravado bass :L3000:
I see in your signature that you also own the LX... How do they compare to the Hero?
I am considering an upgrade to my Bravado, and while the LX is frankly too pricey for my comfort, the Hero is priced much lower than the LX, so I am wondering... :thinking:
You can't really compare the HERO and Bravado. If you want the absolute best and most bass from EE just find a used or open box Legend X from EE or Bloomaudio. It's worth it. If you want an overall more rounded out sound with great bass then go HERO.

Also, there may be a revision to the Bravado announced by EE soon so you may just want to wait and see what the improvements are to the 2nd generation.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #23,394 of 40,587
The Hero has more resolution than the LX. More controlled bass and like you said, slightly more flashy treble. It’s forward but not too pronounced over everything. It’s just right. I have been sitting here for a while putting hero through its paces and comparing it to others.
"More controlled bass" - still means plenty of bass... right? Hero is not neutral (I hope). right?
"slightly more flashy treble" - not in any fatiguing way, I hope?

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #23,395 of 40,587
Aug 14, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #23,396 of 40,587
Well I panic bought used SOLARIS SE and TRIO after Jude made his initial assessments... then I gathered myself and ventured to hear for myself. So now the NIO, TRIO and Solaris SE are up for grabs. If that doesn't make a statement I don't know what does. It's not about the money either, it's about the necessity. I don't need anything besides the LX, HERO and ODIN. Might as well roll my money already spent into what does it all for me.

why would anyone buy something after Judes impressions... obviously he would shill anything for his partners. He is probably the least credible guy getting a honest impression from

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #23,397 of 40,587
Hmm I will need to hear this for myself, Hero now has the Z1R that came today and the LX to contend with when it comes.... should be an interesting few weeks.
very interested in Z1R vs Hero impressions, not surprised to hear CFA iems get beaten, but Sony would be a real contender to win against

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #23,399 of 40,587
You mean the Nio I’m about to list for sale? Look and I mean no disrespect to any other manufacturer because this game constantly evolves... but Nio sales are about to get hurt... if you know what I mean. The Hero takes the Nio’s buttery smooth sound and just gives it that needed resolution bump. Not in a fatiguing way.. just added clarity. There’s also the treble there whereas the Nio rolls it off too much in some cases. Not to mention it’s $1349 vs $1699. So even if it sounded identical it’s still the smarter buy... but to sound a bit better? No brainer.
I can understand the Odin or Hero sound might be your preference, but hybrids with lots of detail are everywhere. The Nio is the first smooth hybrid that I've ever heard. It's something I've been looking for hard over the last year. For anyone that wants DD bass, beautiful lush vocals and just enough treble detail to keep it interesting but not to be sibilant with almost any music, I don't think there's anything else quite like it. I'd keep that in mind before you post it up. I'm not saying that the Odin and Hero aren't great, but it takes time to really get to know the strengths and weaknesses of a piece of gear, and every piece of gear does have its weaknesses.

That being said, I'm very curious to hear the mids of the Hero and the bass of the Odin. I'd like to see how it compares to the LX and how it suits the music I listen to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back