Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 28, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #20,672 of 40,582
I have a hunch that it's more than $2,000?
I'm looking for something no more than $1,500.
Try the Nemesis or the Valkyrie, they are more on that price range.

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #20,674 of 40,582
Valkyrie is new and has excellent SQ.
New doesn't mean better. I find the nemesis to have more slam quality to the bass and slightly more forward mids. Valkyrie definitely had nicer treble when driven prooerly, due to the more inefficient but more sparkly electrostatic driver. Pick your poison xD

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #20,675 of 40,582

Can you describe what kind of sound signature you're looking for?
I had Legend X and Nemesis at home for 2 weeks and listened to both extensively.
I was looking for an audiophile IEM with the most powerful bass slam/rumble/impact that I could find.
I already have a few other IEMs with different signatures for different moods/music (e.g. neutral/reference, or warm, rich and forgiving).

Ideally, I'd keep both Legend X and Nemesis, but in the end, I found that the Nemesis best matched my particular needs.
I've also got the Valkyrie hopefully coming soon for review, so I should be able to post about that in more detail too, although I already had a decent listen at the last London CanJam.

The key thing here though is what you're looking for. If you can tell us a bit more about that, I think we'll collectively be able to give you some good recommendations.
I'd rather do it that way than just pile in and tell you what worked best for ME, as that may not be very helpful ultimately for you :p

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #20,676 of 40,582

There have been mint condition LX for sale on head fi for under $1,500.

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #20,677 of 40,582
There have been mint condition LX for sale on head fi for under $1,500.

Yeah, but those were the lesser Legend x rather than the more desirable Legend X. :)

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #20,680 of 40,582
Feb 3, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #20,682 of 40,582
Can you describe what kind of sound signature you're looking for?
I had Legend X and Nemesis at home for 2 weeks and listened to both extensively.
I was looking for an audiophile IEM with the most powerful bass slam/rumble/impact that I could find.
I already have a few other IEMs with different signatures for different moods/music (e.g. neutral/reference, or warm, rich and forgiving).

Ideally, I'd keep both Legend X and Nemesis, but in the end, I found that the Nemesis best matched my particular needs.
I've also got the Valkyrie hopefully coming soon for review, so I should be able to post about that in more detail too, although I already had a decent listen at the last London CanJam.

The key thing here though is what you're looking for. If you can tell us a bit more about that, I think we'll collectively be able to give you some good recommendations.
I'd rather do it that way than just pile in and tell you what worked best for ME, as that may not be very helpful ultimately for you :p

Can you describe the differences between the legend x and nemesis? Is the bass quality and quantity similar since they share the same bass drivers?

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #20,683 of 40,582
Can you describe the differences between the legend x and nemesis? Is the bass quality and quantity similar since they share the same bass drivers?

Sorry, but am having a rough day and feeling too exhausted to write everything out.
Normally I'd happily help, but I really need to rest right now!
However, please note that I have already written 2 or 3 extensive posts on this thread and the "Flinkenick's IEM shootout" thread comparing Legend X and Nemesis, including their bass. It's all just a quick search away :wink:

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #20,684 of 40,582
Hey all, just picked a pair of valkyrie used and so far I am enjoying the sound quite a bit. Definitely not an all around type of earphone, but definitely a fun exciting sound. Also I couldnt resist that dragonhide faceplate. Its even better looking in person than in photos. I know its silly since I cant see them when they are in my ear, but damn, just really awesome looking.

Anyways, having a few issues with fit so far and just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions before I get too too heavy into tip rolling. Getting a bit of pressure, mostly on the antitragus and not sure if theres a way I should rotate them in ear or whether I should aim for a really shallow fit or what. I figured after fighting with the ier z1r and finally getting them comfortable (after extensive tip rolling, wearing them backwards, and finally a cable swap for something light weight), I would be ok with these, but here I am. So figured I would just reach out here and see what others have found works for them. Currently on L final e, sort of medium insertion with the cable rotated forward/down slightly, it seems ok, but I can tell it likely will still end up being painful after a bit.

Oh yea, I think I also saw this posted earlier, but theres tons of driver flex. I assume its normal and nothing to be concerned with. Just also though I would check. Not my first rodeo with driver flex (ca atlas, among others).

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #20,685 of 40,582
I just tried emailing Devon... Is she no longer there? Who is the go to rep right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back