Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 24, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #17,746 of 40,587
I'll certainly not spend $1k+ or more on headphones or IEMs.

I suspect many of the people on this thread also made similar statements at one time or another :D

May 24, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #17,749 of 40,587
SORRY TO DO THIS TO Y'ALL BUT...... IT'S A PERFECT TIME TO JOIN THE EMPIRE FAM (OR PICK UP AN UPGRADE)... :)
MooLwhw.jpg

May 24, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #17,750 of 40,587
SORRY TO DO THIS TO Y'ALL BUT...... IT'S A PERFECT TIME TO JOIN THE EMPIRE FAM (OR PICK UP AN UPGRADE)... :)
MooLwhw.jpg

Awesome, but still waiting on the loaner Legend X to be returned so it can be sent to me with the Phantom to determine if I like one of them more than my four loaners from elsewhere. I will have to order later since this sale will be over before I receive the EE loaners.

May 24, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #17,751 of 40,587
Awesome, but still waiting on the loaner Legend X to be returned so it can be sent to me with the Phantom to determine if I like one of them more than my four loaners from elsewhere. I will have to order later since this sale will be over before I receive the EE loaners.

I’m sure EE will take care of you :wink:

May 24, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #17,754 of 40,587
I'm going to drop a quick review of the Legend X after about 3 hours of listening. I'll update in a few days or so.
I primarily listen to vocal EDM and Rap, so I was a bit underwhelmed by how far set back the mids sounded on a few songs, but holy hot damn does brockhampton sound good on these. Hottie and Weight just sound like they were made to be played on these, I have never experienced something that perfect. The treble is definitely too hot in a few songs I listen to as the hiss from when the vocalists pronounce a sharp 's' are quite fatiguing. I felt the bass has more lush than punch, as some of the notes I remember hitting me with the imr r1 aren't hitting as snappy here, but that's just my 2 cents. The bass from a bass on 'Gravediggin' by the Buttertones sounds beautiful. So far I'm really enjoying them.

May 25, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #17,757 of 40,587
anyone paired their Legend X with EA Janus Dynamic?
had an offer here not sure if that would be a great pair between LX and SP1k.

Yes I have it paired with janus d. I absolutely love it. The ares ii has much better Sub bass but the janus d tames the bass a tad and really adds a beautiful texture to the rest of the frequencies. Vocals sound especially nice.

I also have thor silver ii 8wire and though most people really enjoy that with legend x I personally think it's way too much bass. Too much in your face, wasn't a fan of it.

May 25, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #17,758 of 40,587
I'm going to drop a quick review of the Legend X after about 3 hours of listening. I'll update in a few days or so.
I primarily listen to vocal EDM and Rap, so I was a bit underwhelmed by how far set back the mids sounded on a few songs, but holy hot damn does brockhampton sound good on these. Hottie and Weight just sound like they were made to be played on these, I have never experienced something that perfect. The treble is definitely too hot in a few songs I listen to as the hiss from when the vocalists pronounce a sharp 's' are quite fatiguing. I felt the bass has more lush than punch, as some of the notes I remember hitting me with the imr r1 aren't hitting as snappy here, but that's just my 2 cents. The bass from a bass on 'Gravediggin' by the Buttertones sounds beautiful. So far I'm really enjoying them.

Glad you're enjoying them. They should break in a bit more as well. I really love them with tech house, deep house, melodic techno. Beautiful. Enjoy

May 25, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #17,759 of 40,587
So I put together this ultra high resolution & spl 2.2 speaker system at home and just cannot get enough of it now that I’ve dialed it in. Big reference subs with a reference style hi-res bookshelf system are DEFINITELY my kind of bag.

I think the LX might be calling my name in the future. I want this kind of sound with me when I leave the apartment.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #17,760 of 40,587
Be careful with quick updates...imo this IEM morphs with quite a bit of time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back