Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #17,491 of 40,579
What about Leonidas II vs Dita OSLO? I read some reviews in the Twister6.com website and OSLO sounds more like I'm looking for (tighter bass, lifting mids and highs and expand soundstage) . Any thoughts?

Tighter bass, lifting mids and highs and expand soundstage sounds a lot more like the Leonidas II to me. The OSLO is a warmer, richer-sounding cable that adds weight and wetness to the sound, whilst still maintaining detail retrieval and resolution. Tonally, I think it's quite the opposite of what you're looking for.

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #17,492 of 40,579
Tighter bass, lifting mids and highs and expand soundstage sounds a lot more like the Leonidas II to me. The OSLO is a warmer, richer-sounding cable that adds weight and wetness to the sound, whilst still maintaining detail retrieval and resolution. Tonally, I think it's quite the opposite of what you're looking for.
Thanks for the reply.

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #17,493 of 40,579
How far difference in price between Leonidas II and LX LE? Effect audio top cables aint cheap.

Pairing my LX CM with Hugo 2, the marginal difference compared to my dap 2.5mm out was remarkable. Now i’m waiting for my bespoke pure silver 16-core cable for some cable rolls.

Left side still aches.. anyone experienced re-fit? Been using for a week, slightly better in/outs, but long hours listening still little painful.

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #17,494 of 40,579
Left side still aches.. anyone experienced re-fit? Been using for a week, slightly better in/outs, but long hours listening still little painful.

I also had a fit problem with my EE customs. Once the left monitor was fully inserted, it fit fine. But inserting/removing was painful. I contacted @Devon Higgins, and she provided me with the special form EE has for fit adjustments. It did take a while (4 weeks with shipping), and I had to pay for shipping both ways, which is a bummer. After a loooong absence, my Zeus XR fit perfectly!! Strongly suggest you contact Devon!

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #17,495 of 40,579
My understanding from euphoria staff today at can jam is that it's available in custom form and limited to 5 units? Erm, did I understand incorrectly?

Love the sound sig and it's my standout from everything I've tried so far. Very tempted to break the bank to get it if its available as customs

Ooooh, if Euphoria said that, def trust them. Sometimes plans change on the fly and don't get fully communicated :wink: Definitely reach out to them if you're interested.

The idea of a Legend X with greater control on the lower frequencies and better treble extension has me weak at the knees. Any plans for this beauty to make its way down under via the team at Minidisk?

No plans as of yet but I will make your request known!!

How far difference in price between Leonidas II and LX LE? Effect audio top cables aint cheap.

Pairing my LX CM with Hugo 2, the marginal difference compared to my dap 2.5mm out was remarkable. Now i’m waiting for my bespoke pure silver 16-core cable for some cable rolls.

What @rwelles said! Fit issues are a bummer, but we can definitely make it more comfy for you. DM me with your serial number/purchase info and we will get your issue taken care of ASAP :ksc75smile:

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #17,496 of 40,579
I received my Massdrop x Empire Zeus today. I think early adopter get an extra 3.5mm cable (gray one). Missing cleaning cloth.
Initial impressions: Short wide nozzle, finger prints magnet, thick, fit is fine with my small triple flange tip, very light and easy to drive.
There is sibilance which I can fix with EQ. Upper bass and lower mid are a bit bloated for me. Sound wise, I will need more time with it.

cALruqW.jpg

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #17,497 of 40,579
pw audio 1950s does exactly that but it’s not budget friendly, I’m sure there’s much cheaper recommendations.

how would this compare to Leonidas II ?

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #17,500 of 40,579
So I dropped my K10s and cracked the shell...

Looks like I may be joining the Empire Ears family!

... what a curious coincidence!!

giphy.gif

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #17,501 of 40,579
So I dropped my K10s and cracked the shell...

Looks like I may be joining the Empire Ears family!

Sorry for what happened but..you may find out that Empire Ears IEMs are awesome :)

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #17,503 of 40,579
Really weird question for you...

You didn’t happen to let Jonathan from Hearing Music listen to your EE’s?

That wasn’t me but I know hearing music in Dublin, purchased some westone um pro 50 a couple of years ago :)

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #17,505 of 40,579
Reason I ask is when I was in last he was singing their praises!

Not surprised if he managed to listen to either Legend X or Phantom.They are really something special :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back