Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 8, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #15,856 of 40,677
That 8 wire Aries would also make a good whip if you ever end up in an Indiana Jones situation
Why must my mind start painting a BDSM/IEM scenario almost immediately?

"Ya..you like the way that sounds, don't ya?" "Just you wait till we start going up tip sizes sub.."

Doubt I'm alone here tho....right? Guys??

Sep 9, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #15,857 of 40,677
Why must my mind start painting a BDSM/IEM scenario almost immediately?

"Ya..you like the way that sounds, don't ya?" "Just you wait till we start going up tip sizes sub.."

Doubt I'm alone here tho....right? Guys??

homer-simpson-walking-backward.gif

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #15,859 of 40,677
Look we all have our kinks and if yours is that you like to crack one off while hiding in the bushes, who are we to humiliate you publicly? This is a safe place Scott..

You have really mis-interpreted that post. Though to be honest that is from a different episode that I thought of. Here’s what I should have posted.

homer-simpson-walking-backward.gif

Sep 9, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #15,860 of 40,677
I made the mistake of trying my Lionheart with the Spartans. "Just one more song" I thought at the time. Ended up not sleeping

Sep 9, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #15,862 of 40,677
What? Are you kidding me? I thought the Ares II 8wire would perfectly match with the Spartans. Now you said the Lionheart? :astonished::slight_frown:
I guess it depends on the genre of music, I had a Aries II 4 wire with it previously and I loved that pair up. Lionheart does the same but also focuses on bringing up the vocals, which Im loving.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #15,863 of 40,677
Sep 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #15,864 of 40,677
Sep 10, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #15,865 of 40,677
Hello Experts,

I am in the process of deciding between Legend X, Fourte and U18t (all universal).

Currently I have a wide list of IEMs such as the 7550. EX1000, Z5, 846, Andromeda and Vega. I am a basshead, but love the Andros for the staging, highs and width, they get all my attention. Now planning to hold on to the Andros and sell the rest , then upgrade to a premium IEM.

Like most, I dont have the liberty to test them 1st hand myself. Which is insane when I am ready to shell over >2K. So kindly suggest me the differences between both. My preferences are listed below,

1) Basshead
2) I will hold on to the Andro's hence prefer the next IEM to have a different signature.
3) Planning to replace the Vega, 7550 and Z5, which means I am facing bass deficiency.
4) Will be using WM1Z as dap and at times :beer: + the undisputed Fiio E11 for skull thumping bass.

Based on your words I am planning to decide selling all my current IEMs and upgrade myself. Thanks for all your help.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #15,866 of 40,677
Hello Experts,

I am in the process of deciding between Legend X, Fourte and U18t (all universal).

Currently I have a wide list of IEMs such as the 7550. EX1000, Z5, 846, Andromeda and Vega. I am a basshead, but love the Andros for the staging, highs and width, they get all my attention. Now planning to hold on to the Andros and sell the rest , then upgrade to a premium IEM.

Like most, I dont have the liberty to test them 1st hand myself. Which is insane when I am ready to shell over >2K. So kindly suggest me the differences between both. My preferences are listed below,

1) Basshead
2) I will hold on to the Andro's hence prefer the next IEM to have a different signature.
3) Planning to replace the Vega, 7550 and Z5, which means I am facing bass deficiency.
4) Will be using WM1Z as dap and at times :beer: + the undisputed Fiio E11 for skull thumping bass.

Based on your words I am planning to decide selling all my current IEMs and upgrade myself. Thanks for all your help.

LX.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #15,868 of 40,677
Hello Experts,

1) Basshead

The U18 has a very similar, energetic, mainstream (in a good way) signature to the Andromeda's. I'd highly recommend the LX based on your criteria.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #15,869 of 40,677
Definitely Lx. But can get really nice detailed bass out of phantoms
While the Phantom have an incredibly good bass, it is not something I would recommend to a bass head. For my bass needs I definitely prefer something with a dynamic driver. Still haven't heard Legend X, but I expect that they would be an ideal compliment to the Phantom for those "moar bass" moments. :D

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #15,870 of 40,677
Go Legend X if you want isolation, I'm looking to move away from 64 audio due to lack of isolation, i.e hearing train noises, loud talking etc... Although the old ADEL versions does appear to relief pressure. I also recommend going custom if possible if you are going for this price, I regret not going customs with my 64 audio.

Hello Experts,

1) Basshead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back