Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 1, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #15,181 of 40,578

.... what an excellent experience with the Phantoms (paired with Leonidas & DX200 Amp8) in DSD64.

.. wow..

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #15,182 of 40,578
So I just purchased and received my legend x. They are a dream come true for me. A perfect fit so to speak when it comes to what I am looking for in an iem. I have been in this hobby for 10 plus years. I still have the shure e5 and ray Samuels hornet from back then. I can’t bring myself to sell anything. I’m a collector. The legend x is the culmination of looking for the right iem for ten years. I absolutely adore everything about them. Never been so happy. Does anyone know where I can purchase the final audio e tips they ship these with? I want some spares, these tips are great, maybe my favorite I’ve had. I am having a problem finding them online. Also what size spinfits and comply would fit the legend? I bought the universal obviously. Also anyone have any recommendations for tips for these, including size? Thanks!!

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #15,183 of 40,578
So I just purchased and received my legend x. They are a dream come true for me. A perfect fit so to speak when it comes to what I am looking for in an iem. I have been in this hobby for 10 plus years. I still have the shure e5 and ray Samuels hornet from back then. I can’t bring myself to sell anything. I’m a collector. The legend x is the culmination of looking for the right iem for ten years. I absolutely adore everything about them. Never been so happy. Does anyone know where I can purchase the final audio e tips they ship these with? I want some spares, these tips are great, maybe my favorite I’ve had. I am having a problem finding them online. Also what size spinfits and comply would fit the legend? I bought the universal obviously. Also anyone have any recommendations for tips for these, including size? Thanks!!
I bought my final audio tips here:

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/about-us

But it is in the uk, very fast shipment tracked for good price.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #15,184 of 40,578
In US, you can get in touch with Michael Brown at michael@finalaudiousa.com.

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #15,185 of 40,578
The Final E are great ear-tips that's for sure, I can also recommend the JVC Spiral Dots on the Legend X !!

Aug 2, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #15,186 of 40,578
so i had an epiphany today - Zeus XR reminds me of when i went to live concerts

sometimes i sat a little further back to experience the music more holographically (the R setting)

and sometimes i went closer to the stage to feel the music upclose/hit me harder (the XIV setting)

with the WM1A , i can definitely hear the difference between those 2 settings - feels like having 2 different CIEMs, a switch away

@NaiveSound here is some more tasty prog for today (this one is kinda trance-y so let me know what you think , like i have said there are many djs with their own style depending on what you want to hear each day)

Aug 2, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #15,187 of 40,578
Congrats! I use Spiral Dots on virtually all my IEMs including the EE ESRs. Very happy with them. Amazon sells them.

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #15,188 of 40,578
The LX is an incredible iem and you love it immediately. However it has a very specific basshead ttunning and i don’t know if after 1 month it will be the same and if it is as universal as U18 for example, less impressive and demonstrative but more neutral and all rounder.

Can you compare the LX andy U18? Thinking about trading my LX for U18 because I want something more fun and a much bigger soundstage. I wish the soundstage of the LX was a little bigger admit listening to it, makes you feel like you’re very close. Kind of fatiguing to listen to, but I’m being overly critical. The LX is legendary (no pun attended)

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #15,189 of 40,578
The U18 has the best and bigger holographic soundstage I have heard with the Lcdi4. Bigger than the LX. The bass seems better on the LX but perhaps too much sometime. For the medium I prefer the U18, smoother, more real an clear than on LX. Better transition between bass and medium on U18. For the treeble I think LX has better extension. As I have written on a French audio website if you like the JBL or Altec Lansing sound go to LX. If you prefer electrostatic Quad or Martin Logan go for U18 or Zeus.

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #15,190 of 40,578
Anyone here willing to trade a Mint LX w/Leonidas and Ares II Effect Cable for a U18?

Aug 2, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #15,191 of 40,578
The U18 has the best and bigger holographic soundstage I have heard with the Lcdi4. Bigger than the LX. The bass seems better on the LX but perhaps too much sometime. For the medium I prefer the U18, smoother, more real an clear than on LX. Better transition between bass and medium on U18. For the treeble I think LX has better extension. As I have written on a French audio website if you like the JBL or Altec Lansing sound go to LX. If you prefer electrostatic Quad or Martin Logan go for U18 or Zeus.

I like the sound of JBL or Altec Lansing. Do which other classic speakers would be matched with Phantom soundwise in your opinion?

Aug 2, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #15,192 of 40,578
Difficult to trade U18 because they are one of the best if not the best all rounders IEMs on the market actually. So I suppose the owners of these U18 want to keep them as a reference to compare with others.

Aug 2, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #15,193 of 40,578
I like the sound of JBL or Altec Lansing. Do which other classic speakers would be matched with Phantom soundwise in your opinion?
Sorry but unfortunately never tried the phantom just the Legend X.

Aug 2, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #15,194 of 40,578
In the pass I have had chance to own JBL control monitor 4350. 4 voices peakers with 2 x 38cm subwoofers, 1 low medium, 1 compression high medium and 1 tweeter compression. I have found in Legend X the same pleasure I had to listen the 4350.

Aug 2, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #15,195 of 40,578
Hi guys,

Just wondering if the Vanatage would be any good for gaming as well as music? I’m sick of using headphones when sitting at my pc for both music and gaming just find them all over cumbersome and uncomfortable. Been looking at the vanatage but not entirely sure how an iem would perform for gaming as all. I figure in 2018 these higher end iems would be up to par with some of the totl headphones with the newer deiver tech that’s available today.

Can anyone give me any feedback? I also can not find a single review on the vanaage anywhere.

Thanks for any help or reccomendations from the empire ears line up of iems would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back