Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #7,921 of 40,587
That looks good!, definitely slimmer than XRA. Is this Dean's new optimized shell? Btw, what tips are you using? I noticed some ridges outside of the core under the cap. And, with a cable, does the connector goes all the way in or you just have it in the picture half aways out?

....replied but didn't hit send for awhile, but now see you answered some of the questions about :)
It is slimmer than the XRA without a doubt. I have tried the Whiplash SPC, RSD Golden mk3 and the Truth replacement copper and the Truth is the only one that the connectors fit all the way in. The Whiplash also goes in all of the way it is only the RSD mk3 that doesn't. As far as the shell I requested Jack give me his pick so it is Jack's pick and I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it yet. The ridges come from the Final Audio tips.

edit:in red

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #7,922 of 40,587
Thanks Moe a reshell from Adel to non Adel.
Good choice!

I like the Final tips as well. The clear version I have also, is genius because one has a white core/nozzle and one has a bright pink core/nozzle, so it's a lot easier to distinguish between the two IEM sides for those that don't know an even easier way to distinguish right and left sides (in my opinion).

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #7,924 of 40,587
@subguy12 I'd be so worried for those connectors! Mine go in all the way but still get slightly bent even though I try not to put too much stress on them.

Your universals appear to stick out the same amount as my iems. Might get me another pair as universals for spares :p

They look great btw

Jun 29, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #7,925 of 40,587
Happy to say my Zeus XR arrived today...great work Jack. Thank you!

Nice!
Now I'm curious how you'll like them (more / less / the same, but in another way) compared to your 'old' Adel version :thinking:

Congrats & happy listening!

Jun 29, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #7,926 of 40,587
So the concensus so far is XR for best SQ, and XRA for brightest/airiest presentation with purported hearing protection.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #7,928 of 40,587
@subguy12 I'd be so worried for those connectors! Mine go in all the way but still get slightly bent even though I try not to put too much stress on them.

Your universals appear to stick out the same amount as my iems. Might get me another pair as universals for spares :p

They look great btw

They look great btw
It is with that one specific cable that doesn't go in all of the way. I have moved on to another cable and they are fine. The Whiplash is snug but will go in all of the way and the Truth cable goes in all of the way as well. I edited my previous post. The RSD cable has a weird diameter on it's connectors. All is well.

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #7,929 of 40,587
So the concensus so far is XR for best SQ, and XRA for brightest/airiest presentation with purported hearing protection.
My initial take is that I prefer the SQ of the XR over the XRA. I would not say the XRA is airier but it was brighter. I really need more listening time.

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #7,930 of 40,587
those clear transparent shells look awesome , may ask jack to do the same with mine

still about a month from receiving mine so gotta be patient

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #7,931 of 40,587
I just chatted with Jack and he said that Dean personally made mine and they are the latest revision for the UIEM that is effective as of July. Jack also said the XR ADEL housing will most likely not see any revisions due to the module sleeve. This new housing is much slimmer and has a thicker shell and faceplate material for added durability.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #7,932 of 40,587
One more teaser

20170629_080120~2.jpg

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #7,933 of 40,587
@Jack Vang if i decide to, can i change my initial shell option to the same as subguy's ? just a thought , still have time as my new impressions for the zeus XR are ccurrently in NYC

man , this cleaar transparent is fantastically geeky , seeing those cables and all :L3000:

plus , it's gonna be a complete mindfuc.k to show this to 'normal' people not into this crazy hobby

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #7,935 of 40,587

Users who are viewing this thread

Back