Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 12, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #7,201 of 40,587

No problem, happy to help! I must reiterate that the Athena I have is the ADEL version. @PokerFaze's impressions will be of the non-ADEL version. I think the non-ADEL version will be more competitive with the Aether in terms of what you're looking for.

YES, I did read pretty much review about difference between ADEL version and Non-A ver. Some people love ADEL but others not. Their points are reasonable but consider my budget, that looks like out of my business LOL
wink_face.gif
  I'll wait for his coming impressions.

I only have the ADEL version though - the non-ADEL unit has been returned to EE. However, I do have the carrot modules and in my testing, gets very, very close to the non-ADEL unit; you'd have to be in a quiet environment to notice them.

I'll use the carrots to compare them and get back to you!

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #7,202 of 40,587

No problem, happy to help! I must reiterate that the Athena I have is the ADEL version. @PokerFaze's impressions will be of the non-ADEL version. I think the non-ADEL version will be more competitive with the Aether in terms of what you're looking for.

YES, I did read pretty much review about difference between ADEL version and Non-A ver. Some people love ADEL but others not. Their points are reasonable but consider my budget, that looks like out of my business LOL
wink_face.gif
  I'll wait for his coming impressions.

I only have the ADEL version though - the non-ADEL unit has been returned to EE. However, I do have the carrot modules and in my testing, gets very, very close to the non-ADEL unit; you'd have to be in a quiet environment to notice them.

beerchug.gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #7,203 of 40,587

I was assuming you'd compare the Aether and Athena non-ADEL universals at MS 
etysmile.gif
 My mistake, have fun!

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #7,204 of 40,587

I was assuming you'd compare the Aether and Athena non-ADEL universals at MS 
etysmile.gif
 My mistake, have fun!

From what I understand, they don't have the Athena demo anymore so I will have to use my own unit 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #7,208 of 40,587

Bravo impressions!
I'm not a hip-hop guy but bass slam is also helping pop music to be more energy and touching. Plus there is a switch on Aether which looks cool. you said it still sounds similar even switch it off, but this design got my heart a bit for sure. SO Aether +1 at bass for me.
In the mids, key word ''air'' is just my flavor. That is also why I love tube amp. Lively sound is what I'm looking for. Actually I think sometimes too'' live'' makes signature loose the attraction to most people who listening music in the whole world except kind of group people who loves monitoring sound. I'm kind of guy between it but more forward to ''live''. Too close singer sound makes me feel inanition. Proper distance of signer sound and much background but clear and recognizable instruments sound pleasure me a lot. ''Air'' smell makes picture bigger to help soundstage felling. But wider and more left and right extension sound advantage of Athena-A, YES, I love it. THEN, this part, Aether +1, Athena +.5 to me.
Treble, they're similar, but Aether is more ris, it +1 again.
Thanks again for @Deezel177
Your impressions helps a lot. I got a first step of what I'm after for now. Let's wait for @PokerFaze
's impressions later to strengthen my understanding. 
beerchug.gif

Morning! May I ask one more thing which is Aether very sensitive to audio source or cable? Any easily noticeable z noise? 

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #7,209 of 40,587
  Morning! May I ask one more thing which is Aether very sensitive to audio source or cable? Any easily noticeable z noise? 

The Aether is not sensitive at all in terms of hiss. It has been silent with everything I've plugged it into.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #7,213 of 40,587
Hi!

Regarding the O1, is there a aignificative difference in isolotation if we compare them with B1 and G1?
I would like to use the custom Zeus ADEL in my travels by train and plane and I would like to know if O1 is a must or not.

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #7,214 of 40,587
Hi!

Regarding the O1, is there a aignificative difference in isolotation if we compare them with B1 and G1?
I would like to use the custom Zeus ADEL in my travels by train and plane and I would like to know if O1 is a must or not.

Thanks!
Yes, huge. The Carrots(O1) are literally just a milled piece of aluminum with O-rings.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #7,215 of 40,587
If you are planning to listen for a long time(5+ hours) in your travels, I'll suggest you use B1 or G1 instead of O1 to protect your ears from fatigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back