Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 8, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #7,111 of 40,591
  He told me this a few weeks ago, when I was in touch with him re what we could demo the iems with:  "We will have 3 sources present at our booth, the Sony WM1z, Apple Ipad + Chord Mojo, & Lotoo Paw Gold"  

There is also some discussion going on re the LPG having some hiss with the Zeus.  Apparently no hiss with AK240SS and AK380, from what I've read.  Since I've not gotten my hands on a Zeus and won't be doing so this weekend, this is all second-hand info that I've read in various threads.  

would like to hear your results, my Zeus XRA has relatively obvious hiss with AK380 if I listen to them in a quiet environment

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #7,112 of 40,591
What causes hiss and why should anyone accept this when they are spending thousands of dollars to hear music not his.

Hiss happens on the amp side of things. The more powerful the amp, the harder it is to keep the noise floor low. Most high-end IEMs won't hiss on any of these top DAPs. But the super super SUPER sensitive ones will pick up the hiss on most of them.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #7,113 of 40,591

would like to hear your results, my Zeus XRA has relatively obvious hiss with AK380 if I listen to them in a quiet environment

deadhorse.gif
  I'm not going to have any results, as Delta lost the iems and I won't be able to try them at CanJam.  However, there is an answer above this post that may help you. Or at least give you some added info.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #7,114 of 40,591
Try asking on the AK380 thread, there's quite a few Zeus owners there.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #7,117 of 40,591
NaiveSound,
We are in agreement regarding Zeus Adel. I got the carrot in with my g1. The carrot (eliminating adel) does indeed increase resolution to my ears compared to g1, by what I would call a healthy dose. Also, I am listening at a much lower volume with the carrot than the g1 (g1 does not isolate very much), for a greater sense of transparency. Huh.

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #7,118 of 40,591
NaiveSound,
We are in agreement regarding Zeus Adel. I got the carrot in with my g1. The carrot (eliminating adel) does indeed increase resolution to my ears compared to g1, by what I would call a healthy dose. Also, I am listening at a much lower volume with the carrot than the g1 (g1 does not isolate very much), for a greater sense of transparency. Huh.

Now imagine no adel at all.... You just get the best of what Zeus has to offer

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #7,120 of 40,591
Some of us prefer airiness and soundstage over a little more resolution

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #7,121 of 40,591
Now imagine no adel at all.... You just get the best of what Zeus has to offer

I actually forgot to mention this earlier, but I had the chance to A/B the XR and the XRA for the very first time, and the differences between them were larger than I had anticipated. I felt the XR had more resolution, much sharper and more precise imaging, a blacker background with greater dynamism (due to the better isolation, I presume), better linearity and coherence, and an overall more intimate and focused sound. The XRA, on the other hand, felt more stretched out, resulting in a better feeling of immensity. However, this resulted in the XRA being less engaging, as the music is more out-of-head, rather than you being in it. The XRA also sounded less resolute, and I felt the masterful balance in tuning that the XR had, was somewhat tampered with, resulting in a less even and less realistic/natural sound. I'd say, the XRA is great if you'd rather sit back and let the music surround you, at the expense of utmost detail retrieval and tonality. On the other hand, the XR is fantastic if you want to actively enjoy/critically listen to your music with ultra-high levels of engagement, clarity, and superior imaging and transparency.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #7,122 of 40,591
Some of us prefer airiness and soundstage over a little more resolution

For sure, that's fair. I wasn't trying to say one was more intrinsically valueable than the other, just that I agreed that non-Adel makes details more apparent. I can see myself using both modules. I initially got the carrot just to complete the collection and curiousity about sq changes. Didn't intend on using it much, but now I am thinking it will get more use than I thought.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #7,124 of 40,591
Am I not chill? Oh look someone else posted to confirm the same thing I've talked about. Of course everyone has their own preferences.... So what's your point? Bored?

You are not chill at all, you are our very own spazout but we love you none-the-less.

Cheers friend:) I'll stand strong with you lol

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #7,125 of 40,591
You are not chill at all, you are our very own spazout but we love you none-the-less.

Cheers friend:) I'll stand strong with you lol

Haha, well if more than one says so then I guess I am spaz. Really spazzing about the upcoming XR. Probably at end of April beginning of may. The Ve Monk has done the job so far, but of course nothing more.

I have been collecting new music and discovering hundreds of new tracks. I can't wait to hear them in hifi. It's gonna be so so so awsome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back