Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 16, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #5,071 of 40,591
The Supra-ADEL B1
biggrin.gif

G1 here! Wonder how much different they'd sound.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #5,072 of 40,591
Got my universal Zeus XR Adel today! while I am just start to try it, I notice really obvious hiss sound on Mojo, AK380(with and without amp), iphone6s. I don't have many IEM with me at the moment, only SE846s, but I have never heard the hiss sound from in on any of the source mentioned above. Is the hiss sound to be expected? 

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #5,074 of 40,591
  Got my universal Zeus XR Adel today! while I am just start to try it, I notice really obvious hiss sound on Mojo, AK380(with and without amp), iphone6s. I don't have many IEM with me at the moment, only SE846s, but I have never heard the hiss sound from in on any of the source mentioned above. Is the hiss sound to be expected? 

hmm i had my zeus r and no hiss with mojo, unless i turn on wifi on my phone

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #5,076 of 40,591
Should be more open sounding.

How does the G1 sound to you?

I have never owned or auditioned proper IEMs before so I don't think I can accurately describe how they sound - they sound amazing, I had no idea good IEMs would sound this competent in all honesty, my expectations were high because of everyone's raving reviews but never this high, I was very pleasantly surprised. The overall sound feels very balanced, I was expecting the bass to be less impressive as that's more the Cerberus domain (afaik) but it is super punchy and extremely satisfying so some of that may be the G1's doing. Mids are wonderful and the highs are spot on (I always feel they're the hardest part to get right when tuning head/earphones).

It's hard for my head to logically process the fact that 2 little drivers in each shell are making all this happen.

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #5,077 of 40,591

I have never owned or auditioned proper IEMs before so I don't think I can accurately describe how they sound - they sound amazing, I had no idea good IEMs would sound this competent in all honesty, my expectations were high because of everyone's raving reviews but never this high, I was very pleasantly surprised. The overall sound feels very balanced, I was expecting the bass to be less impressive as that's more the Cerberus domain (afaik) but it is super punchy and extremely satisfying so some of that may be the G1's doing. Mids are wonderful and the highs are spot on (I always feel they're the hardest part to get right when tuning head/earphones).

It's hard for my head to logically process the fact that 2 little drivers in each shell are making all this happen.

The Supra is appropriately named considering what it can do in potential. If paired with a good cable they'll sound even better, I am plenty sure.

I might consider the G1 module in future just for the rumbling fun. 

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #5,079 of 40,591
  The Supra is appropriately named considering what it can do in potential. If paired with a good cable they'll sound even better, I am plenty sure.

I might consider the G1 module in future just for the rumbling fun. 

Going to be ordering an after-market cable with a 4 pin XLR over the weekend for fun - I don't much expect better sound quality, I mostly just want to see how IEMs handle the balanced outputs of my Schiit Mjolnir 2 and Jotunheim.

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #5,080 of 40,591
Going to be ordering an after-market cable with a 4 pin XLR over the weekend for fun - I don't much expect better sound quality, I mostly just want to see how IEMs handle the balanced outputs of my Schiit Mjolnir 2 and Jotunheim.

Hope to hear about it soon. :D

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #5,081 of 40,591

hmm i had my zeus r and no hiss with mojo, unless i turn on wifi on my phone

It's not too bad, but my SE846s are dead silent with Mojo, so I still wonder if it's just too sensitive? 

I have also Zeus-R and no hiss with my Mojo. I just hear a little bit hiss with HM901s balanced card but not noticable.
Some people are more or less sensitive to it that is all. The Zeus-R and Zeus XIV had hiss with all my sources except Ak240SS. A lot of hiss with LPG, and moderate hiss with Mojo. Buy there was still definite hiss with Mojo. I found it very tolerable with the Mojo but still quite obvious. I had a few friends try to confirm I was not crazy.

Within the sources I tried, the LPG was the best sounding but the Mojo was the best compromise of hiss vs. sound quality. I am hoping to try with the WM1Z soon.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #5,082 of 40,591
Zero hiss with my Spartan on my LG V20, with airplane mode off on 4G LTE or WiFi.

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #5,084 of 40,591
I get some hiss on the WM1A (EU) with my Zeus R, so far it's not distracting. It's way better than the ZX2, where it clearly was distracting me of enjoying the music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back