Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 14, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #3,511 of 40,729
I adore my zeus r, and one thing i always care bout is bass, there is no need for more bass with zeus r and when i want to reach extreme basshead territory i use the eq, and the drivers handle bass boost in an excellent way without distorting. As for mids in the zeus r they are exactly where i want them to be, and its highs are detailed and not harsh whatsoever. I have not one thing i can pinpoint that is to my disliking in the zeus r, its really an amazing iem.

i own the savage 5 and soon, I will upgrade to savage 9 adel

i enjoy both iems with fiio x7 and mojo

@warrior1975 whichever iem u get they are amazing and we welcome you to join us here bro

And above all @Jack Vang is an amazing guy who will go extra miles for his customers

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #3,513 of 40,729
and i am very, very eager to feel them making sweet loooove to my ears 
tongue.gif

Yeah, they'll probably kiss your eardrums very gently mate, something like...
daniel-jacobs-giovanni-lorenzo-face.gif

tongue.gif

I'm having a full review of Zeus XIV vs Zeus R coming out by this weekend as I have the Zeus XR and I can make A B difference at a press of a switch, but the XIV is more mid centric and more in your face vocals and general midrange, the R is more balanced but not really it has a slight bump in midrange but is a clear and detailed monster.... I don't think these have too much boom, it's base is quality vibrant and well controlled and tight. It is not overdone. I dislike use of eq but I have tried different set parameters... It responds just fine (also depends on your dac) the ciem is well built, great fit and stunning every single day. If you care about microphonics, change cable asap

The Zeus XR seems to be a very interesting choice (2 signatures in one shell). Don't see it on the website, so it must be some kind of unofficial model, right? Looking forward to your review
rolleyes.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #3,514 of 40,729
Yeah, they'll probably kiss your eardrums very gently mate, something like...
daniel-jacobs-giovanni-lorenzo-face.gif

:p

The Zeus XR seems to be a very interesting choice (2 signatures in one shell). Don't see it on the website, so it must be some kind of unofficial model, right? Looking forward to your review :rolleyes:  

It may or may not be released but I think they might released it with the adel module, it's better for the eardrum and preserving your hearing, I do hear it changes sound signature. More to come...

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #3,515 of 40,729

The ZXIV-ADEL sounded just like ZR-ADEL for the most part, except the mids. The mids on the ZXIV-ADEL was a bit more forward and had better body. The mids on the ZXIV-ADEL sounded kind of similar to the mids on the non-ADEL Zeus-R. I couldn’t get a proper read on the treble and other finer details/differences because of the noisy/distractive show floor.

Hope this helps!

I'm a huge stickler for midrange prowess, and this sounds just perfect for my tastes. The Zeus has a midrange that ranks as 1 of my 2 favorites (of all time), and I can't begin to imagine how much it would improve with the introduction of the ADEL versions. Forward mids? Great body? Excellent lows? Ticks all the boxes, Jack! 
wink.gif

@EagleWings Thanks for your impressions, buddy! Much appreciated!

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #3,516 of 40,729

Then again if it's the same price it'll burn just the same 
tongue.gif
 only difference is the waiting time 
biggrin.gif

I truly hope so as I really like the Hermes and Apollo is next on my list followed by either Athena or the new lineups (if I get the chance to audition them at CanJam Singapore)

MS also offered me to try out the Arthur...it is priced waaaayyy up there 
basshead.gif
 any feedback from those who has auditioned it or own a pair? Compare to the Hermes/Athena/Apollo?

Bro, when did u go MS? Last week i pm them in facebook about the Arthur demo but they told me due to popular demand, the demo was sold off too

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #3,517 of 40,729
edit

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #3,518 of 40,729
  hey US head-fiers , my impressions are on the way to Atlanta/Jack but i see a weird loop happening last few days ever since they reached GA ground

is this normal ?

Doesn't look normal to me.  It should be straight forward, going from one center to the next, then to destination.  If you have a tracking number, you can send an inquiry regarding the package on the US Postal Service website.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #3,519 of 40,729
I still am wowed by the Zeus R pairing with the Plenue S. It is by far my favorite DAP to pair the Zeus R with out of all the ones I own. Absolutely no hiss, and the sound of the Plenue S really ties into the Zeus R's strengths. This is really an endgame combination. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #3,520 of 40,729
  hey US head-fiers , my impressions are on the way to Atlanta/Jack but i see a weird loop happening last few days ever since they reached GA ground

now i know, US is a HUGE country but still 4 days roaming back and forth - is this normal ? 

Does not look normal as well to me, I've had some interesting USPS deliveries, like from China to SF then back east and back to LA but none that are back and forth  like that. 

​

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #3,521 of 40,729
well i just got this update, does it mean it was delivered to the recepient of the package @Jack Vang ? the warranty part i don't get , but according to EE website , their offices are at Buford, GA 30518 (same place as the last tracking update)

14.10.2016 11:36

Delivered to warranty
Buford GA 30518

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #3,522 of 40,729
so got my ifi iematch adapter, and boy it solved any hissing issues even with a hiss monster like an amp like alo rx mk3 at high gain ( i used high gain for testing only ) there is no hiss at all with my zeus r

and the beauty about this adapter it maintained the same sound quality of the iem

its a must have for people who have hissing issues

it would be great if cable companies start to include such tech in their cables

for people who use mojo u do not need such an adapter as there is no hiss with mojo, its just good for sources that produce lots of hiss

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #3,524 of 40,729
  well i just got this update, does it mean it was delivered to the recepient of the package @Jack Vang ? the warranty part i don't get , but according to EE website , their offices are at Buford, GA 30518 (same place as the last tracking update)

Delivered to warranty
Buford GA 30518

Looks like they got it.  I think warranty just refers to a reliable recipient.

Oct 14, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #3,525 of 40,729

Delivered to warranty
Buford GA 30518

Delivered to warranty? Thats some weird English translation...

Also what is this savage 5 and savage 9?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back