Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 7, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #76 of 40,584
Interested in how well the Silver/Black shells match the CF S/B faceplate options.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #78 of 40,584
Just 2 images of my Apollo-x custom-Turquoise with black tips. Plus my recessed faceplate design really allowed for a supercomfortable but very slim profile fit unlike any other 10 driver CIEM I have ever tried or seen.

Nick

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #79 of 40,584
  Just 2 images of my Apollo-x custom-Turquoise with black tips. Plus my recessed faceplate design really allowed for a supercomfortable but very slim profile fit unlike any other 10 driver CIEM I have ever tried or seen.

Are you sure you have a good fit? Those look like they still stick out of your ears quite a bit! Even my iems without the recessed faceplates don't quite come out that much.

Or i guess it could just be 10 drivers taking up a lot of space.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #80 of 40,584
Perfect snug fit, comfortable from day one. My ear anatomy does have a deep hallow. That being said this ten driver sticks out less than an 1/8 of an inch and less than 3 of my 4-8 driver CIEMs. I have even used these at the gym with lots of sideways positioning and it is super stable with incredible isolation. Comfort wise I have used these for long plane flights. Slim is relative to my ear anatomy and all individuals do have baseline anatomy that will dictate thickness to a certain degree. Maybe Jack will comment on this.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #81 of 40,584
  Perfect snug fit, comfortable from day one. My ear anatomy does have a deep hallow. That being said this ten driver sticks out less than an 1/8 of an inch and less than 3 of my 4-8 driver CIEMs. I have even used these at the gym with lots of sideways positioning and it is super stable with incredible isolation. Comfort wise I have used these for long plane flights. Slim is relative to my ear anatomy and all individuals do have baseline anatomy that will dictate thickness to a certain degree. Maybe Jack will comment on this.

+1 on the deep hollow 

The doc had a really unique ear anatomy and this was the slimmest possible fit we could achieve for him. The photo might be a slight exaggeration due to the angle but as Nic says it protrudes about 1/8". Before any ear impression is trimmed we create a colloid caste of the mold as a final reference to how the CIEM will fit. It's a more expensive and lengthier process but we'll do everything we can to ensure a great fit before resorting to other options.

The good ol' bucket of rejects (yes, even the colloid casts get rejected). Every CIEM/IEM that leaves this lab has to pass through a final QC and fitment test through either myself or Dean before delivery. 

Did I mention that our turnaround time is 10-15 business days standard?  Just like EarWerkz, we're still handcrafting all of these right here in Buford, Georgia USA!

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #83 of 40,584

Nick

I like this color very much. Happy listening.. 

Nov 7, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #84 of 40,584
Copying my post from the other thread for those that wanted a better take on the colors:

Oh look! A seashell among those Jack ^^

------------------------------
8 days to go   \ \(0_0)/ /

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #86 of 40,584
Copying my post from the other thread for those that wanted a better take on the colors:

Oh look! A seashell among those Jack ^^

8 days to go   \ \(0_0)/ /

Color range seems to be very rich. Thank you for sharing Cagin:)

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #89 of 40,584
Are they all translucent or only select colours?
if you take my first pic as reference, all the "metallic" colors are opaque. The bottom row ones are translucent. That beautiful translucent turquoise is missing though but is possible. That Apollo X being the proof.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #90 of 40,584
Are they all translucent or only select colours?

On the IEM builder the translucent/transparent colors are near the bottom. These 100% acrylic colors are hand mixed in house and utilize zero dyes, giving it a crystal like finish. We will also be adding Blue Topaz (ice blue) to the lineup shortly here. Please ignore the +$25.00 add on that's currently on the website as that is a typo that'll be addressed within the next 24 hours. There are no additional charge for these colors.

Blue Topaz

Spartan sounds like my ideal signature (neutral with lots of treble sparkle) but can't bring myself to spend $750 on my first CIEM, how does the Supra II compare?

The Supra II was one of EarWerkz' best selling models and due to it's high popularity we decided to keep it. Either model should fit your signature requirements but the Spartan IV is in a different league. As mentioned a few posts earlier the Black Friday sale is among us! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back